Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Procedure + Timelines - Reference Doc  (Read 20473 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: ILR Application Procedure + Timelines - Reference Doc
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2023, 02:18:02 PM »
Approval email received today! Thanks for all your help!

BRP received today!

Standard/ non priority.
Application submitted: 27 March 2023
Biometrics appointment: 24 April 2023 (free)
Documents submitted: 19 April 2023
Email with approval: 9th May 2023
Received BRP: 12th May 2023

Now onto citizenship!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 02:21:49 PM by Fatam94 »

• Liked: 3
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2023, 10:27:34 PM »
Epic fail :(  Completely missed the Life in the UK test requirement. I'm now trying to book a test for my wife but it says on the website that if you have a valid BRP you MUST use it as your ID and the name must mast. She changed her last name recently. So the BRP has the old name. Is this a problem? Any thoughts how to proceed?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2023, 09:04:56 AM »
Epic fail :(  Completely missed the Life in the UK test requirement. I'm now trying to book a test for my wife but it says on the website that if you have a valid BRP you MUST use it as your ID and the name must mast. She changed her last name recently. So the BRP has the old name. Is this a problem? Any thoughts how to proceed?

When you say she changed her name, what did she actually do, just start using the new name or actually get all documents/bills etc in the new name? Has she notified UKVI?

The life in the UK test people need the name to match exactly with the proof of address document, down to the middle name being present if it's there on the ID.

She will need to study too. It's not an easy test so have her read the book and get started on the numerous free online practice tests asap.

« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2023, 01:58:10 PM »
When you say she changed her name, what did she actually do, just start using the new name or actually get all documents/bills etc in the new name? Has she notified UKVI?

The life in the UK test people need the name to match exactly with the proof of address document, down to the middle name being present if it's there on the ID.

She will need to study too. It's not an easy test so have her read the book and get started on the numerous free online practice tests asap.

She got a new US passport and we’ve changed all utilities/bank accounts to reflect the new name. She hasn’t notified UKVI yet because she’s within the 3 months period and the plan was to just issue the ILR under the new name.

It seems to me that the options are:
  • Register for the test under the old name + BRP but this won’t match her visa application address and documents
  • Register for the test under the new name + bring a passport - would they turn her down because she has a valid BRP? Is the BRP considered “valid” if it’s under the old name?

I’m leaning towards the latter ?

• Liked: 404
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2023, 11:28:47 PM »

I have not read everything - too busy, apols if I missed something.
In this name-change case I would write up a sworn statement or declaration explaining everything (simply but with dates)  go to a solicitor and have them witness it.  Get multiple copies - that constitutes a legally bindng document (with big penalties for being untruthful).  This is inexpensive. Get it stamped by the solicitor.
Whichever name you then apply in - take that with you and explain.  Instinct tells me to "Register for the test under the old name + BRP but this won’t match her visa application address and documents". Then when you make the application write a letter explaining what you have done and why.

Be open, explain simply but fully and absolutely truthfully.
The UKVCAS people are reasonable and if you show clearly what you are doing (and help them do their job) they will make it happen.

Don't freak out. It is not a huge hurdle. Good luck.
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

• Liked: 957
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2023, 11:54:11 PM »
She got a new US passport and we’ve changed all utilities/bank accounts to reflect the new name. She hasn’t notified UKVI yet because she’s within the 3 months period and the plan was to just issue the ILR under the new name.

It seems to me that the options are:
  • Register for the test under the old name + BRP but this won’t match her visa application address and documents
  • Register for the test under the new name + bring a passport - would they turn her down because she has a valid BRP? Is the BRP considered “valid” if it’s under the old name?

I’m leaning towards the latter ?
Have you tried the helpline for the life in the UK test? This is a slightly unique situation but they should be prepared for it and have advice on how to proceed. My BRP had expired when I was forced into taking it (medical issues) so I used my passport.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2023, 07:27:33 PM »
Thanks. I called the helpline and the lady said that a passport should work. Hope so

• Liked: 18
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2023, 08:01:03 AM »
My wife got her ILR approval email on Monday morning after Biometrics on Saturday. Many thanks to mbmoffat for this thread and all the revised updates. It helped a lot.

Martin

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2023, 08:05:23 AM »
My wife got her ILR approval email on Monday morning after Biometrics on Saturday. Many thanks to mbmoffat for this thread and all the revised updates. It helped a lot.

Martin

Congratulations!

• Liked: 287
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2023, 12:24:24 PM »
I'm getting together a list of proof of cohabitation (probably the section that stresses me out the most) into a spreadsheet.

The 3rd tab on the spreadsheet is where I am trying to space the documentation evenly. Please could someone take a look and let me know what else I need to add?

For the year 2021, i believe it looks a little light.

Spreadsheet
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2023, 01:17:31 PM »
That is a lot of docs. You just need 6 or 7 sets of docs. We choose 6 sets, going back every 5 months. So we choose Feb21, Jul21, Dec21, May22, Oct22, Mar23. We applied 23 April. And for 2 of the months we could not find anything for my wife so we used a month either side. I added a cover note to each set  listing each date and explaining we did not receive any suitable supporting docs for the months in questions, and PDF-ed it all up.

• Liked: 287
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2023, 02:08:52 PM »
That is a lot of docs. You just need 6 or 7 sets of docs. We choose 6 sets, going back every 5 months. So we choose Feb21, Jul21, Dec21, May22, Oct22, Mar23. We applied 23 April. And for 2 of the months we could not find anything for my wife so we used a month either side. I added a cover note to each set  listing each date and explaining we did not receive any suitable supporting docs for the months in questions, and PDF-ed it all up.

I forgot to mention that there is a third tab on the spreadsheet where I have tried to space it out evenly - the two other tabs are just what I have at the moment so anyone looking has a rough idea as to what I have at hand.

I'm going to have to include a cover letter explaining why it isn't evenly spaced out and the lack of documentation. I did that in my last application and that wasn't a problem. On the 3rd tab, what is listed there, is that sufficient enough?
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2023, 06:30:35 PM »
I forgot to mention that there is a third tab on the spreadsheet where I have tried to space it out evenly - the two other tabs are just what I have at the moment so anyone looking has a rough idea as to what I have at hand.

I'm going to have to include a cover letter explaining why it isn't evenly spaced out and the lack of documentation. I did that in my last application and that wasn't a problem. On the 3rd tab, what is listed there, is that sufficient enough?

I think it looks fine. The cover letter as 1st page in PDF is useful not only to explain any gaps/difference in spacing but also helps the reviewer check the information quicker which I think is appreciated.

« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2023, 09:53:41 AM »
Congratulations!

Thanks Larrabee. The card arrived today and it is valid until 31 December 2024. I had half expected it to be for 10 years. Do we automatically get a new card when it's close to the end of 2024?

We plan to apply for Citizenship after the summer but just curious about expiry dates.

M

• Liked: 16
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2023, 11:12:06 AM »
Thanks Larrabee. The card arrived today and it is valid until 31 December 2024. I had half expected it to be for 10 years. Do we automatically get a new card when it's close to the end of 2024?

We plan to apply for Citizenship after the summer but just curious about expiry dates.

M

They’re phasing out all BRPs at the end of next year and moving to a completely digital system.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab