Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: DYSON: Can I sing its praises?  (Read 5545 times)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: DYSON: Can I sing its praises?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 08:56:34 AM »
My BF has that ridiculous Henry thing with the face on it. How can you take that seriously??

Re Dysons, what # model do you all have? What's adequate for a rather dirty house with a large white cat who sheds a lot?
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 09:19:48 AM »
I've got the DC07 Animal.
It's got an attachment head for the hose that is specially for animal hair.
(My greyhound casts a lot of hair!)

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 09:24:31 AM »
Ohhhh how could you say that about my HENRY?  :\\\'( hehe

I'm actually very envious. I love those tornado action vacuumns and although I do like my Henry, I know the Dyson's are much more powerful- which would come in very handy with our cat being a very hairy little beastie! Who wants a challenge? Come around with your Dyson and I'll show you what it can do!  ;D

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 10:38:29 AM »
The Dyson has great suction power -- deffo best I've ever owned in that respect. However, things I do not like about it:  I think it is particularly heavy to lug about the house (compared to other vacuums I've owned)...also I find it very awkward using it to vacuum the stairs & upholstery -- so much so that I suggested to hubs last weekend maybe we could get a small handheld unit of some sort (particularly for the upholstery).  The hose just wants to snap back so strongly and tautly & sometimes the main unit won't stay stood up (as a result) -- it's 'woman vs the Dyson' when I try to vacuum each stair step or a section of upholstery. Also, as my mom has been disabled for most of my life & I watched her struggle with other vacuums when she lived alone, I would absolutely NOT recommend the Dyson for anyone who is disabled or on the weaker side -- because it is so heavy & awkward at times. My 2p.
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 02:36:42 PM »
I use the Dyson on carpets and hard floors both.
There is a little notch thingmy that you can twist to make the beater-bar stop, so that you can use it on  hard floors.

Good to know.  Now I've just got to start saving my pennies....

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 02:52:56 PM »
The hose just wants to snap back so strongly and tautly & sometimes the main unit won't stay stood up (as a result) -- it's 'woman vs the Dyson' when I try to vacuum each stair step or a section of upholstery.

I have that problem with my regular old Hoover. It's always toppling over. Besides which, it doesn't pick up ANY cat hair.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 02:57:32 PM »
  I have that problem with my regular old Hoover. It's always toppling over. Besides which, it doesn't pick up ANY cat hair.

Well you can't argue with the suction on the Dyson -- I'm amazed how quickly the thing fills up with hair (mine) & dust so I guess we're dirty pigs here. :P

I just wish it were engineered to be a little more user-friendly in the aspects I mentioned...in a perfect world. <sigh> :)

• Liked: 8
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 03:36:02 PM »
They are a bit difficult to use at first.  I'm one of those people who puts things together without reading the instructions and can figure out how most things work by looking at them.  Not so with the Dyson!  The first couple of times I used it I kept disconnecting things without meaning to, etc.  I used the hose attachment completely incorrectly about five times without realising it.  Once you get used to it, though, it's really great!

Our dog sheds like nobody's business, but the Dyson really handles it.  And it's soooo satisfying to see the canister fill up with junk!   :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2005, 04:31:08 PM »
Happy to find out about these as our vac has just died and will be needing a new one asap. You see the adverts and wonder if it really does all it says it will. Thanks.

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 05:30:13 PM »
Just saw a commercial in the states about the new hoover windtunnel and they were directly saying theirs was better than the dyson. I wonder if dyson really took a chunk of their sales/market upon its debut.
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2005, 05:50:42 PM »

best way to do stairs with cat hair (or dogs that have a fine fluffy undercoat), rubber gloves, spray water bottle, mist step, wipe with rubber glove, hair rolls into a ball and it's gone!
Born to shop..............forced to work

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 05:51:39 PM »
Check out the Dyson website cause they do have different style models, some designed to be less awkward and eaiser to move around. You can get uprights or the other style (forget what it's called), and you can also get both styles with hose attachments with extra oompah for stairs. Standard Dysons seem to come with long enough hoses to reach to the top of the stairs, but they have models that have longer reach, too. Yes, when I fall in love, I fall hard and find out all I can about my new 'lovah'.  ;)

www.dyson.com

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2005, 06:30:08 PM »
I used the hose attachment completely ncorrectly about five times without realising it.  Once you get used to it, though, it's really great!

You may have to come down to Leeds & give me lessons then...because clearly, I am doing something wrong because it shouldn't be that hard? ???  And I *read* the instructions, the pictures, the charts & graphs, etc...I must be slow. Then again, it IS a good workout -- fighting with that machine up & down stairs, over the sofa, etc. :P

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2005, 06:51:19 PM »
My BF has that ridiculous Henry thing with the face on it. How can you take that seriously??
Youre SO funny!!!! lol
I didnt know those silly things had a name!!

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2005, 07:58:14 PM »
I used the hose attachment completely incorrectly about five times without realising it. Once you get used to it, though, it's really great!

You mean there's a way to use the hose attatchment without knocking everything off the shelf behind you or poking yourself in the eye? ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab