Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: DYSON: Can I sing its praises?  (Read 5544 times)

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
  • Liked: 0
DYSON: Can I sing its praises?
« on: May 11, 2005, 07:40:56 PM »
Today the Dyson we ordered from the catalog arrived. Oh, I am in love. I have had a secret war with my husband's  hoover since I met it. It was 8 or 9 years old and just did not pick up what I thought it should be picking. That and the hall carpet that is the bane of my existence which seems to have little hooks designed to seek out every little wayward strand of hair or thread or whathaveyou and hang onto it for dear life. I would literally be on my hands and knees attempting to loosen hairs from the carpet for the hoover to be able to pick everything up, that is how awful the situation was.

No more! I may even grow to like the dreaded hall carpet. Ok, maybe not. But wow! Everything -- my floors -- looks terrific. Should I be embarrassed to say that I've had to empty the cylinder 3 times already on the first day owning the thing or should I be chuffed and impressed that I am finally getting the carpets CLEAN? If they could sparkle that is what they are doing.

DYSON I LOVE YOU. If I wasn't already married and he hadn't bought you for me, I would have to run away with you, you are that wonderful.

xoxo   :-*

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: DYSON: Can I sing its praises?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 07:49:46 PM »
I keep looking at Dysons in stores and wondering ... but you might just have sold me on it!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 08:01:42 PM »
They are the best- my colleague just bought one off Ebay for £60 less than retail and managed to get an ex-showroom model- it was immaculate- hadn't even been used for demo purposes (lilac and silver too) and was delivered within 3 days!

Got a horrid feeling they aren't in the US? Will have to research this!

Born to shop..............forced to work

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 08:03:01 PM »
I've had my Dyson for about a year and a half, and i felt exactly the same!
I take it for granted now, but in the beginning... it was true, pure love.

Mine's the lilac & silver one too, with the Animal hair attachment!

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 08:08:36 PM »
I never thought I would feel this way about a vacuum. But I have no shame. It's pretty and easy to use but nevermind that, it works like nothing else ever. Dust, cat hairs, stuff, be gone! I wish they had Dysons for everything in this life.  8)

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 08:10:51 PM »
I never thought I would feel this way about a vacuum. But I have no shame. It's pretty and easy to use but nevermind that, it works like nothing else ever. Dust, cat hairs, stuff, be gone! I wish they had Dysons for everything in this life.  8)

LOL! I know how you feel, I have often wished they made hairdryers etc :) I always used to think I was just ultra fussy (can't stand a crumb or a hair on view on the carpet) but I just needed to meet my Dyson, of course it looks even nicer when hubby is using it ;)
Born to shop..............forced to work

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 08:47:07 PM »
Richard had the Dyson before I even moved here.  I love it, sucks up everything!  (A little to well sometimes!)

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 09:01:43 PM »
We've used our Dyson Animal daily for 3 years - two cats including a Persian; always lived in rental flats w/carpet in all but kitchen and bath - and only just now has the motor blown.  It was only £70 to repair.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 09:04:16 PM »
We bought one at the beginning of April and I LOVE it.  Seriously, vacuuming has never been so fulfilling!   ;D

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 09:05:09 PM »
they are in the US - I have seen them in the stores and seen the commercials
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 09:18:31 PM »
glad i found this thread!! DH has a Goblin he loves  but it is  'lacking'..  does not  suck up like it dhould at all.  have to show him the error of his ways..  UUGGHH!!
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 02:29:24 AM »
I can not WAIT to get a Dyson... I've been drooling over them every time I see one!!
I'd vacuum ALL THE TIME.
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 04:56:59 AM »
I know Dysons work great on carpet, but has anyone tried it on wood or lino?  I'm getting tired of mopping our wood floors and would kill for something that works on both.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 07:16:29 AM »
I know Dysons work great on carpet, but has anyone tried it on wood or lino?  I'm getting tired of mopping our wood floors and would kill for something that works on both.

I use the Dyson on carpets and hard floors both.
There is a little notch thingmy that you can twist to make the beater-bar stop, so that you can use it on  hard floors.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 07:31:53 AM »
I love my Dyson.  I really do.  But, why?  Why oh why oh why does the tube bit need to be exactly the right size to get a 2p coin lodged in there forever?  It happened with my old one.  It happened the first day I had my new one.  Arrrggggghhhh.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab