Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407878 times)

• Liked: 9
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4275 on: March 21, 2015, 02:51:09 PM »
 [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] Happy birthday!  [smiley=balloon.gif]   [smiley=balloon.gif]

I am loving all this happiness in your life!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] It sounds like you are right where you need to be. :)
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4276 on: March 27, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »
1. We're not impressed with our new neighbor. We haven't met him, but we hear him. When I called to complain about the LOUD talking half the night some nights, the owner of the building said he is pretty high up at the local university. I think maybe someone high up at the university rented the place for his early 20s son, buy the sound of it. So much for my dream of the sweet little old lady who bakes cookies. Sigh.

2. Joey has finally, in the past week, decided that having his head, face and neck scritched is the best thing ever. He can't get enough of it, and I am loving it.

3. Life feels so different and wonderful after a haircut.  [smiley=gorgeous.gif] It was a trim, really, but there is just something about a little bit of pampering and even a slight change to it that feels so good.

4. Spring seems to have disappeared again. We even had some flurries early this morning.

5. Our friends Jim and Julia had their little one three days ago. She is stunningly beautiful, so alert already, and was born with thick black hair.  [smiley=smitten.gif]

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4277 on: March 27, 2015, 06:38:18 PM »
[smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] Happy birthday!  [smiley=balloon.gif]   [smiley=balloon.gif]

I am loving all this happiness in your life!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] It sounds like you are right where you need to be. :)
Thank you TamaMoo!

1.  I got together with a guy I am seriously interested in (crush!) and we played music and talked for three and a half hours!  We are going to do it again within the next week or so.  I got a big hug from him when he left!   [smiley=smitten.gif]

2.  Massive group of French teenagers (40 plus 4 adults) arriving tomorrow for a week of Irish music tuition and other things.  It is going to be hard work in the kitchen but it will be fun!  Plus I get to see my guy a lot as he will be teaching some of the kids!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3.  I am even going to give a little harp workshop for the two harp students in the group.   :)

4.  Our internet was down today so I walked into town with my laptop to sit in the cafe and check emails and fb.  Hadn't done that in years!   [smiley=computer.gif]

5.  I'd better get back to practicing my music as I have a young, cute, guy expecting me to learn some new tunes on my harp!  [smiley=guitarist.gif] [smiley=smitten.gif]
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

« Reply #4278 on: April 03, 2015, 06:46:23 AM »
1. The French children (they weren't all teens) leave after breakfast and then the massive clean up begins.  They were really lovely kids though; I am getting used to being addressed as Madame!  :)

2.  My guy played a set of tunes that he learned from me (when we got together) at the session / performance on Monday.  He looked over when he started them up and gave me a sweet smile and my heart melted.  However, I am now suspecting he does have a girlfriend (in another country), so will have to be happy with just being friends.  [smiley=smitten.gif] [smiley=badlove.gif]

3.  I gave two of the French teens a harp lesson at the same time, and they both learned half of a tune, with both hands in one hour!

4.  I now have another music 'date' lined up with a different guy but this one is def 'just as friends', it's all good though!  [smiley=guitarist.gif] 

5.  Hoping to go see my friend's band on Thursday hoping the girls will all want to go!  [smiley=guitarist.gif]
Married October 2007

« Reply #4279 on: April 03, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »
Your Friday Fives are so awesome, Andee!  [smiley=hug.gif] All this happiness and good stuff!

1. After finding out Wednesday that we have to move, we found a place and signed the lease yesterday. Other than leaving the lake, this move is going to be a great thing. No trains in town we are moving to (not far away) the shower is AWESOME, the kitchen has a lot more counter space and cabinets, etc. Plus, although we don't have a sweet little old lady who bakes cookies living next to us, we have the sweetest older gent next door.

2. While packing today I finally got to the closet I've been meaning to do. Four huge boxes were dropped off at Goodwill this afternoon. I am having mild palpitations and a few whiny moments over some of the things that went into the boxes, but I am determined to purge and anything I haven't worn or used in years MUST go,  no matter how much I love it.

3. While shopping I picked up a bit of chocolate and some Peeps for hubby and me. I miss the days when the nieces and nephews were young enough to hunt eggs and be all into the magic of the Easter bunny.

4. Spring is here, and the wild weather with it. We had storms all night last night which made for great sleeping.

5. It appears we are booking our flights next payday, which is next week! JOY! We won't be flying until late September, but at least they will be booked.

― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 584
« Reply #4280 on: April 05, 2015, 06:56:52 PM »
Andee, I've been trying to work out what your work situation is!  Is it a hotel or a school, or something else?

Whatever it is, it sounds like you've landed on your feet, and I'm glad you seem happy!

« Reply #4281 on: April 05, 2015, 10:52:49 PM »
Andee, I've been trying to work out what your work situation is!  Is it a hotel or a school, or something else?

Whatever it is, it sounds like you've landed on your feet, and I'm glad you seem happy!
Thank you so much Albatross!  I did have a big cry today (it still happens), but am mostly happy these days.

This place is a hostel, workshop venue, and B&B all in one.  Everything from yoga and meditation to eco-weeks to trad music are going on here and more!
Married October 2007

« Reply #4282 on: April 10, 2015, 07:25:23 PM »
1. Flights are booked! October 1 - 18, UK here we come! Oh the joy! Mom is already excited about staying with her grandbird

2. I have been a busy girl most of the day, giving our new address to the bank, car insurance, car payment people, etc, packing, sorting, packing the car so we can drop a load off etc. I feel a great sense of accomplishment for the day. Yay me!  [smiley=balloon.gif]

3. This move is really helping with me desire to purge and clear out. In addition to the 8 boxes that have gone to Goodwill in the last few weeks, I have another 8 1/2 ready for tomorrow. I will fill the 1/2 one up so it can go. I'm not finished with getting rid of stuff yet. it is beyond time I did it, and it feels good.

4. Tuesday night, about 1 am, after listening to the neighbor go on and on and on and on for 3 hours, hubby lost it and shouted "Give it a censoreding rest!". All  was quiet after that and has been the last two. Maybe he should have done that weeks ago! We don't know if he is talking to himself, on the phone with someone who never gets a chance to speak, talking to someone in his apartment who never gets to speak, or practicing lectures for future classes, but it is very, very rare to hear another voice and his doesn't stop once he gets started. I won't miss that!

5. After taking this load to the new place, and loading the car up with things for Goodwill tomorrow, it is tacos and the sofa for the rest of the evening. Yay!

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4283 on: April 17, 2015, 12:02:26 PM »
It's Friday again, how did that happen?!  :o

1.  Was ill last weekend and did not go out at all, so looking forward to my usual Friday and Saturday night out this weekend.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2.  The weather here has been mostly sunny and gorgeous and very spring / summer-like!   [smiley=daisy.gif]

3.  My 'crush' has gone back to Canada for a month and I really do think he has a woman there so I have decided on a new crush, what am I like?  ;)

4.  New crush wants me to bring my harp to the Monday night session sometime!  :)

5.  I am going to tackle that session on my own this week, so will have to summon all my confidence.......... :)
Married October 2007

« Reply #4284 on: April 17, 2015, 01:43:30 PM »
3.  My 'crush' has gone back to Canada for a month and I really do think he has a woman there so I have decided on a new crush, what am I like?  ;)

Nothing wrong with exploring your options. :D

1. Today is my last 'normal' Friday at this place. Next week will be all the very last minute packing since we have the final move next Saturday. Even saying that, I have some packing I want to do today and need to run a car load to Goodwill sometime this afternoon.

2. My purge has, so far, sent 21 boxes of unwanted stuff to Goodwill! That includes what I am taking today. Go me! What is left to sort is dwindling, but I am sure I can get another couple boxes out of it.

3. I see a bubble bath in my afternoon.

4. Since there isn't a lot we can do, packing wise, we intend to spend most of the weekend on the couch watching films.

5. Great niece/nephew reveal was a couple days ago. Shanna is having a boy in August!  [smiley=smitten.gif]

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4285 on: April 26, 2015, 02:49:36 AM »
Although it appears to be more like Saturday than Friday...

1. After bringing a car load over yesterday, we had help for the final push today. Mom, dad and my brother came up to help with the final move, and to take the things we need to have stored (washer, dryer and a few other things) in mom's basement back with them. We went out for a late lunch while they were here and enjoyed a good chat and catch up.

2. We've made the bed, set up the tv, satellite, Blu-ray player and net. There are paths in the stacks of boxes to get around. Tomorrow is another day.

3. Most of the evening has been spent relaxing, enjoying the fact we haven't heard a single train, and will sleep all night without having to wonder if the guy downstairs (at the other place) will keep us up all night.

4. We've met a few of our neighbors and all seem nice so far. The older guy next door is just as sweet as he can be. There is a sweet elderly lady a couple doors down. Maybe she will be my sweet older lady who bakes cookies... maybe. A lot of the people who live here work for the energy company, and many work nights,

5. Silly me, I had it wrong last week. We actually fly Sept 30.  ;D

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4286 on: May 01, 2015, 12:33:33 AM »
1.  Well on to crush number 4 since I've moved over here, LOL.  Honestly don't even know yet if he's single but he sure is nice, such a gentle vibe about him.  He told me to bring my harp every week to the session,, "You totally should!" he said.  And I even gave him a little harp lesson.  *sigh* such lovely blue eyes.... What am I like?!  [smiley=blush.gif]

2.  Have made a dent in the material that my two crushes ago guy put on digital recorder for me.  One tune is completely learned, a few bits and  pieces of tunes tweaked and another tune halfway learned.   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3.  Ate like a pig today and did not practice nearly enough!  :-\\\\

4.  I am realizing the bittersweetness of love, that it is always there, even when your paths diverge.   :(

5.  I am having such a great time I forget to be sad most of the time!  :)
Married October 2007

• Liked: 12
« Reply #4287 on: May 01, 2015, 08:03:41 AM »

5.  I am having such a great time I forget to be sad most of the time!  :)

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4288 on: May 01, 2015, 03:28:31 PM »
Sorry, but I am curious, what does: What am I like?! mean?  I hear it from time to time.

My Friday 5's:

1. Took a holiday day today so a long weekend for me!
2. Tomorrow I get to go to my first postcrossing event in London.
3. Finally got a hold of HMRC to send my earnings info so I can start on filing my US taxes when it arrives.
4. I messed on Ancestry.com and found out a ton of info about my family tree.  I'm however stuck now but will keep researching. (If anyone knows a good way to view/search documents of Irish people immigrating out of Ireland, let me know!)
5. I got a few loads of laundry done and drying.  It doesn't sound like much but when you live with people who are home all day but wait to do their laundry only when you are there it's quite an accomplishment!!
Keepin' it real. Real annoying.

« Reply #4289 on: May 01, 2015, 03:45:45 PM »
Sorry, but I am curious, what does: What am I like?! mean?  I hear it from time to time.

Well, when I was living in Yorkshire, I heard it a lot and it pretty much means, "I am so silly / goofy / nutty / (insert your own gentle self-depracating term here)." 
Married October 2007

Sponsored Links