Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410591 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #7020 on: May 31, 2019, 11:37:13 AM »
Take 2.  My computer crashed while I was opening a giant file in the background.

Happy birthday ksand!  I hope it's the best one yet!

1.  I did an oopsies with clothes this month.  We are having our annual family photos in two weeks and I ordered a million and one things online to try on at home, then return.  But I didn't get the returns in before my credit card statement cut.  So my payment will go out and then I'm going to have a MASSIVE credit on my credit card.  Whoopsies!  But are outfits are all sorted.

2.  Diet going well.  Down over 20 pounds.  This is me finally losing the baby weight for the child that is 2.  I couldn't wait until he got married.  Definitely feeling better in my own skin but also dying for a BBQ.   ;D

3.  Today is my son's last day in the baby room at nursery.  He's in the big kid room starting on Monday! 

4.  My husband's birthday was last weekend and we didn't really do anything "on the day" or even at the weekend, so tonight we are going to see Avengers.  I have ZERO desire to see this movie.  It's long, I've not seen any of the others.  But I'm being the good wife and going.  XoD, wanna go instead?  I can dig out flourescent bulbs....

5.  We planted about 20 rose bushes at the end of the year during bare root season.  They are starting to bloom and we are loving it!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7021 on: May 31, 2019, 12:18:38 PM »
KOD, so glad the news about your dad is promising.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #7022 on: May 31, 2019, 12:41:31 PM »
Can you fit them all in your car and just tote them around with you, stopping in at the tip as and when you have time?  Drive in, leave 10, go have a coffee, go back to the tip and leave 10 more... you could be rid of them by the end of the weekend.  :)

hahahah that could be a good idea!

KOD, so glad the news about your dad is promising.  :)

Thank you!  We're not completely in the clear yet but we're happy with the info we've been told thus far :)

KF - The bulbs have been dug out, sorry! hahaha Avengers was SOOO good though! Though, if you can't eat all the popcorn, that would be painful IMO.. lol
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #7023 on: May 31, 2019, 12:46:11 PM »
KFdancer, can we see your roses please?  :D

« Reply #7024 on: May 31, 2019, 02:43:53 PM »
KFdancer, can we see your roses please?  :D

I'll take some photos when I get home.  :D

• Liked: 676
« Reply #7025 on: May 31, 2019, 02:45:57 PM »
My Friday Five:

1. Good: It’s my birthday today :)!

2. Not so good: I have to work 5 pm to 8pm this evening and then I’m on call until 1am

3. Good: I decided to drive to Leicester to go shopping, and right now I’m sitting in the John Lewis cafe with a hot chocolate and free Pain au Chocolat (I had a voucher but there’s no John Lewis in Lincoln)

4. Good: I found 2 lovely dresses for my brother’s and cousin’s weddings in September 

5. Not so good: I’m now on a hunt to find comfortable shoes that go with them... I’ve ordered 10 pairs this week and so far have returned 4 of the 5 that have arrived (the other 5 are on their way).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• Liked: 239
« Reply #7026 on: May 31, 2019, 07:39:47 PM »
Ksand, happy of happiest birthday!!

KFD, congratulations on the weight loss! Get it girl! What are you doing?

I don't have 5 today, just 1. I just booked very nice and slightly expensive tickets for my husband and I to go to Edinburgh in August and see the Royal Military Tattoo!!! Bagpipes!

We actually played 2 of their songs at our wedding so we're both really excited.  :D
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 114
« Reply #7027 on: May 31, 2019, 11:57:49 PM »
Happy birthday Ksand!  Happy forthcoming anniversary JFK!

8 minutes of Friday left.  Let's do this! *cracks knuckles*

1.  Third time's the charm.  Job offer for interview #3 came yesterday.  Contracts and all that came today.  Dave is coming into my current job with me on Monday to hand in my letter of resignation, grab my things from my desk, and GTFO.  Cannot WAIT to see the looks on their faces.  Prepare yourselves for special fingers, ladies and gents!

2.  Had an assessment lesson with a new driving instructor on Thursday to start getting "test ready."  She made me feel so comfortable and at ease - difficult for me when I'm behind the wheel!

3.  Having a Skype sesh with the family on Sunday to start talking about the logistics of snagging my little sister for an Italy trip later this year.

4.  Alexa has been rather insubordinate lately.  I had to reset her skills this evening so the living room light would be voice activated again.  In the midst of doing that, I found some guitar backing tracks for Dave that he can pull up to play along to at any time.  Pretty nifty. 

5.  *puts geek hat on*  Minecraft's latest update came out earlier this week which should hopefully fix a number of game-breaking bugs which have made playing not so fun.  Pretty stoked for that.

One minute to spare.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

« Reply #7028 on: June 01, 2019, 09:49:58 AM »
Happy birthday Ksand!  Happy forthcoming anniversary JFK!

8 minutes of Friday left.  Let's do this! *cracks knuckles*

1.  Third time's the charm.  Job offer for interview #3 came yesterday.  Contracts and all that came today.  Dave is coming into my current job with me on Monday to hand in my letter of resignation, grab my things from my desk, and GTFO.  Cannot WAIT to see the looks on their faces.  Prepare yourselves for special fingers, ladies and gents!

2.  Had an assessment lesson with a new driving instructor on Thursday to start getting "test ready."  She made me feel so comfortable and at ease - difficult for me when I'm behind the wheel!

3.  Having a Skype sesh with the family on Sunday to start talking about the logistics of snagging my little sister for an Italy trip later this year.

4.  Alexa has been rather insubordinate lately.  I had to reset her skills this evening so the living room light would be voice activated again.  In the midst of doing that, I found some guitar backing tracks for Dave that he can pull up to play along to at any time.  Pretty nifty. 

5.  *puts geek hat on*  Minecraft's latest update came out earlier this week which should hopefully fix a number of game-breaking bugs which have made playing not so fun.  Pretty stoked for that.

One minute to spare.

Waaahooooooooooo!  Great news HeyJay!

« Reply #7029 on: June 01, 2019, 12:00:50 PM »
Here are the roses that have started to bloom.  Most have loads of buds about to burst!

« Reply #7030 on: June 01, 2019, 12:04:25 PM »
Gorgeous!!  Want to come do my yard?

We just bought a yellow rose bush last weekend and my mantra is "just keep it alive, just keep it alive, just keep it alive..."

• Liked: 676
« Reply #7031 on: June 01, 2019, 12:23:19 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo pretty!  ;D

« Reply #7032 on: June 01, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »
You have green fingers, KFdancer!    :D  Those are amazing! 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #7033 on: June 01, 2019, 01:29:57 PM »
Flowers look lovely KF!

OMG! CONGRATS HEYJAY! So pleased for you! Use all the special fingers on your way out! :D  I've not played minecraft in SO long but I genuinely do love that game (just for the building of places alone LOL). I used to love falling asleep to the soundtrack.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #7034 on: June 01, 2019, 01:50:03 PM »
Flowers look lovely KF!

OMG! CONGRATS HEYJAY! So pleased for you! Use all the special fingers on your way out! :D  I've not played minecraft in SO long but I genuinely do love that game (just for the building of places alone LOL). I used to love falling asleep to the soundtrack.
Yeeeesssss, the most impressive display of special fingers will be taking place on Monday.  So ready for this!

If you ever have a hankering for getting back into Minecraft (java edition), come hop onto my server.  We could use a fresh face.

Sponsored Links