Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410133 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #7455 on: December 13, 2019, 09:40:57 AM »
Friday. Friday the 13th. 

1.) Election results  [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

2.) Christmas lunch in the canteen today!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3.) We got a new guinea pig pal for our piggie Brambles (they're social creatures and need friends).  We have a new tiny boy named Herbie.  We have cages side by side at the moment to get used to each other and will do the big introduction this weekend. I hope, hope, hope they like each other.  [smiley=clover.gif]

4.)  Going to a friends house tomorrow night for Christmas crafting, drinking, and eating. Will be mostly drinking and eating, and more drinking I reckon.   [smiley=elf.gif]

5.) Need to finish Christmas shopping for the in-laws (the hardest to buy for).   [smiley=idea2.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7456 on: December 13, 2019, 09:47:09 AM »

3.) We got a new guinea pig pal for our piggie Brambles (they're social creatures and need friends).  We have a new tiny boy named Herbie.  We have cages side by side at the moment to get used to each other and will do the big introduction this weekend. I hope, hope, hope they like each other.  [smiley=clover.gif]

Awesome!  :D  I hope the introduction goes perfectly!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #7457 on: December 13, 2019, 09:53:22 AM »
I've not done Friday Five for awhile.

1. My mom died last Sunday. We've been estranged for many years so in a lot of ways I said goodbye years ago. This is not how I expected to feel. I must have still had hope that she would be the mom I needed her to be but now that is no longer possible. I'm grieving for the lost possibility and the mom she could sometimes be, when she was being nice. I don't regret my decision to discontinue contact with her, at all. I have been so much happier without that toxic energy. But still...

2. I have been baking all the same Christmas cookies that my mom used to make. I even ordered a cookie press so I could make spritz cookies. And I made homemade poppyseed filling for kolachy cookies. And I bought a thingy to make pizzelles.  This is how I am spending my dead mom vacation from work.

3. I miss my kids. I can't go back to the US right now because I am literally submitting my FLR(M) extension in the next few days. All of this Christmas baking is lost on my husband because these aren't his traditions.

4. Something good. I am in love with my new home. It is so spacious and cozy. We still have unpacking to finish but every day we get a little bit closer to being done. Love it so much!

5. Pedro Felix loves his new house too. He is all over the place. I'm so happy he has room to roam around now. And he's already lost some weight!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7458 on: December 13, 2019, 09:58:45 AM »
Friday!  Friday!  Friday!

1.  My area was SUPER close for the election.  We've had John Redwood in for donkey's years and he's always been a strong conservative seat.  The whole area voted tactically for Lib Dem and John Redwood only held onto his seat by a hair.  If the 6% that voted for Labour had voted Lib Dem, we would have told him not to the let the door hit him on the way out.  So I'm holding onto that.  It *does* show that the country WANTS Brexit though.  So it is what it is.  I guess it's time to accept it and move on.  Again, also shows Trump is likely a shoe-in in 2020.  Just prep yourselves now people!

2.  I am still very unwell.  Had this chest thing for 5 weeks now.  Quacks are finally taking me seriously.  Had a chest x-ray and had to cough up a furball for lab sample this week.  They are blasting my body with a combo of 4 different antibiotics and a drug to break up all the gunk on my chest though now.  I'm looking forward to finding out the results of the lab test.  Everyone is quite certain it's pneumonia, just trying to find out what strain.  Unfortunately they think there is a possibility it could be TB.  Ooops.   [smiley=juggle.gif]  So in a few short weeks I've gone from the NHS stamp of "it's a virus" to "hmmm, this could kill you."  I am being treated for TB.  Pretty unreal when you think about it.

3.  As I've been ill for so long, my house is a disaster and Christmas shopping is far from done.  I also completely forgot I had tickets to the ballet on Tuesday.  Ugh! 

4.  Peppa Pig World on Sunday.  Hope I can enjoy it.  It's always lot of fun each year.

5.  I didn't sleep at ALL Wednesday night.  So really want to go home and sleep today.  I seriously might leave at mid-day.

• Liked: 104
« Reply #7459 on: December 13, 2019, 10:07:32 AM »
nctami72 -  my heart hurts for you and I'm sorry to hear about all the difficult things happening for you right now. 💕
KFdancer - TB?! Let's hope not! Fingers crossed for you.

• Had a job interview in Edinburgh on Monday and they called me on my train home to offer me the job! It's full-time, permanent, and in the heart of Glasgow - so pretty much everything I was looking for. I'm so relieved (and slightly baffled!) that it only took 1 interview but I am NOT complaining. I'm going through the paperwork stuff now and should be starting in mid-January. ;D
  • Only downside is that my husband won't be able to join me in Glasgow until the end of the school year in June - so we're back to long distance (if only for a few months). Hopefully for the last time this time!!
  • My fancy new, full driving licence arrived while I was in Edinburgh. Feels nice to have that ticked off the list.
  • We're going to BBC Sports Personality of the Year in Aberdeen on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it!
  • Just over a week until we fly to the US for Christmas. It does not feel in any way like I've been gone for nearly a year already but I'm looking forward to seeing my family (and their pets).
Spouse visa received: 30 November 2018
Arrived in the UK: 27 December 2018

FLR(M)
Application submitted: 4 August 2021 (super priority)
Biometrics: 15 August 2021
Decision: 16 August 2021 - approved!

ILR
Application submitted: 14 December 2023 (super priority)
Biometrics: 17 December 2023
Decision: 18 December 2023 - approved!

« Reply #7460 on: December 13, 2019, 10:15:45 AM »
Congratulations, elee, that's great news.

KFdancer, I hope it's not TB.  Get well soon.

Tami, I'm glad your baking gives you a chance to process your feelings. Condolences.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #7461 on: December 13, 2019, 12:07:57 PM »
Big hugs Tami, I'm very sorry  :\\\'(

OMG, KFDancer, hopefully not TB!!! (But hopefully they can figure it out and you feel better soon)

Great news about the job elee27

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 154
« Reply #7462 on: December 13, 2019, 02:05:14 PM »
Good news about the job elee! Big hugs that you get better soon KFDANCER and big hugs to you Tami

« Reply #7463 on: December 13, 2019, 02:16:52 PM »
I get to go home ( America) in 4.5 days which also happens to be my birthday!

I went to have my 20
week baby scan yesterday and had to come back because baby wouldn’t budge. Went back today and they got most of the scan done and I found the gender out. However hubby wants to wait to know until we tell our parents so I just don’t feel excited because I don’t have anybody to share the news with ( I don’t feel right telling anybody before he knows...)

As excited as I am about our trip I’m going into stress mode as nothing is ready besides Christmas shopping being done!

I don’t know if they can- but I passed a speed van earlier not speeding but eating a sandwich. I hope I don’t get some sort of ticket from it.

Husband is in London tonight for his Christmas party and after a few occasions in the past year of hubby drinking tooooo much I am trying to not worry. Now hubby is usually very sensible and I never worried about him before  lol but I wonder since he’s hit 30 and 1. Doesn’t drink much any more and 2. His age he can’t handle drink like he used to but he thinks he can. No worries about his actions other than drinking to much lol so tonight may be a takeaway and ice cream night. I’ve become a bit of a worrier since I’ve fallen pregnant I hate it!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #7464 on: December 13, 2019, 05:31:21 PM »
So, it's half-five and I just realized it's Friday.  Oops!

KF, I hope it's not TB, but I'm so glad you're finally finally being taken seriously!

nctami, I don't think I've said it yet, but I'm really sorry to hear about your mother.  I wish your kids could be there with you to appreciate the baking and just to be there with you.  Can they come over for Christmas, since you can't go to them?  (I realize it's really short notice, but it's a thought...)

PB, yay for Herbie!  I hope he is settling in well.  :)

elee, congrats on the job offer!  I assume this is the one you posted about the distance thing in the Jobs board.  Have a fantastic trip to the US!

Eh, that goes for you, too... have a happy birthday and a wonderful visit home!

My five:

1.  My husband's half-day was today... his shift was 8am to 5pm all week, until today.  Today he went in a 2pm and works 'til 7pm.  We call BS.  Two hour delay to the start of our weekend?!  Unacceptable!  :P

2.  After work, he's picking up this week's grocery shop, which is a click & collect from Asda.  I ordered all the things, and I'm excited about noms!

3.  Cheeeeeeeeese platter tonight!  When my husband finally gets home, which'll be around 8 or 8:30.

4.  Red Dead Redemption II had a big update today.  It has distracted me terribly.  I mean, I was already distracted by the game, anyway, but then this update really did it.  There's an entire new role to pursue!

5.  I agonized over whom to vote for in this election... in the end, my constituency went strongly enough Plaid Cymru (as usual) that my vote didn't really matter.  I affected nothing.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #7465 on: December 13, 2019, 07:00:09 PM »
So, it's half-five and I just realized it's Friday.  Oops!

KF, I hope it's not TB, but I'm so glad you're finally finally being taken seriously!

nctami, I don't think I've said it yet, but I'm really sorry to hear about your mother.  I wish your kids could be there with you to appreciate the baking and just to be there with you.  Can they come over for Christmas, since you can't go to them?  (I realize it's really short notice, but it's a thought...)

PB, yay for Herbie!  I hope he is settling in well.  :)

elee, congrats on the job offer!  I assume this is the one you posted about the distance thing in the Jobs board.  Have a fantastic trip to the US!

Eh, that goes for you, too... have a happy birthday and a wonderful visit home!

My five:

1.  My husband's half-day was today... his shift was 8am to 5pm all week, until today.  Today he went in a 2pm and works 'til 7pm.  We call BS.  Two hour delay to the start of our weekend?!  Unacceptable!  :P

2.  After work, he's picking up this week's grocery shop, which is a click & collect from Asda.  I ordered all the things, and I'm excited about noms!

3.  Cheeeeeeeeese platter tonight!  When my husband finally gets home, which'll be around 8 or 8:30.

Cheese is life!!!

« Reply #7466 on: December 15, 2019, 04:54:53 PM »
Just thought I’d let you guys know the cocktail of antibiotics is working!  I feel like a new person compared to a few days ago. I felt like crap for 5 weeks. So nice to see the other side of the tunnel.

No diagnosis yet.  Will take several days for my fur ball to grow in the lab to know. But at least the pills are working!!   ;D

« Reply #7467 on: December 15, 2019, 05:00:14 PM »
Just thought I’d let you guys know the cocktail of antibiotics is working!  I feel like a new person compared to a few days ago. I felt like crap for 5 weeks. So nice to see the other side of the tunnel.

No diagnosis yet.  Will take several days for my fur ball to grow in the lab to know. But at least the pills are working!!   ;D

Yay! Glad you've turned the corner!  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #7468 on: December 15, 2019, 07:05:47 PM »

Glad you are feeling better!

Being sick here is scary, and their resistance to prescribing antibiotics is causing a lot more severe and chronic infections. :( (studies are just starting to come out now that there's a couple years of data)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #7469 on: December 15, 2019, 09:21:37 PM »
Glad you are feeling better!

Being sick here is scary, and their resistance to prescribing antibiotics is causing a lot more severe and chronic infections. :( (studies are just starting to come out now that there's a couple years of data)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

To be fair, the go-to of Amoxicillin and Cipro didn’t work.  And they worked for nearly all chesty stuff.  I genuinely cannot fault anything.

Only thing is I wish the first doctor visit didn’t do the “it’s a virus” thing but I get why they do it.

Sponsored Links