Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Parents Allowing Thier Kids To Pee In The Street  (Read 12201 times)

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
  • Liked: 1
Parents Allowing Thier Kids To Pee In The Street
« on: June 23, 2008, 04:14:30 PM »
I work in a building where the access to our entrance is down a large alley.  We advertise some of our vacancies (I work for a recruitment agency) on display boards that sit A shape on the ground. 

A woman and her child walked into the public alley but at the entrance.  The child was about 3 years old.  She started to pull down his pants and told him to pee.  I said..and I emphasise that I said it politely...so no harshness in my tone at all... "excuse me, there are some public toilets next door, saves peeing on these signs" and I smiled at the mother as I said it...not a cheeky grin but a polite smile.

The woman turned on me and said.."F off...he is only little and he can piss where he wants to....I think you are bullying me!"  WTF!!!!  ??? then she ushered her kid to start peeing all over my sign!!  ??? wiped his winkie with a tissue and dumped it on the ground! Grim!!

I said.."I am very sorry if you think that way..I was just pointing out the toilets in case you didn't see them" of which she said "f off he can do what he wants, I think your bullying me because I have a child". Again..WTF?? I would never bully anyone! even if they had a child or not...whats that got to do with it?? CHARMING WOMAN!!

Of which I have to say at that point I did snap and say.."I will just get you a cloth so you can clean the mess up then..I don't see why I should have to do it..teaching your kids thats it OK to pee in the street and expose his bits to everyone is hardly educating manners properly"

Now of course at this point the woman went beetroot purple and whizzed off dragging her kid behind her by his arm.

I am sorry people....and if this puts me out of favor with mothers here...again I am sorry..but I think its nasty to let your kid urinate in a public street if there are amenities available right beside them.  Its a different story out in the country or on a long road trip and you have to stop and let them pee..I can perfectly understand that..or even worse scenario a busy town with no immediate toilets available...then somewhere discreet is fine. But on a public walkway is very bad mannered in my book.

Anywho...rant over  >:(
I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

• Liked: 0
Re: Parents Allowing Thier Kids To Pee In The Street
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »
The first time I went to Edinburgh, the first thing I saw when I stepped off the bus was a kid, about 6, peeing in the street.

I haven't been there sincewithout seeing a kid peeing in public and I used to go quite regularly.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:29:33 PM by bookgrl »

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 07:26:29 PM »
Isn't it illegal to pee in the streets?

Poor kid.  He doesn't have a chance with a mother like that.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 07:53:24 PM »
Did anyone see that PSA in the London Metro last week that had a picture of a sewer and a quote that said something like would you pee in the street? Then don't end the night by doing that. I wish I cut it out, it was hilarious.

There was another one last year that said don't flush just for a pee.

Lovely.

• Edinburgh, baby
    • Kate's 365
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 08:05:30 PM »
The first time I went to Edinburgh, the first thing I saw when I stepped off the bus was a kid, about 6, peeing in the street.

I haven't been there sincewithout seeing a kid peeing in public and I used to go quite regularly.

Weird - I have walked through the city centre every single day for over 4 years  and have never seen a child pee in the street.

I have, however, seen plenty of drunken idiots pee in the street - including one girl who hiked up her skirt above her waist (no panties) and peed all over her high heels and into her handbag.

I wasn't able to get my camera phone out in time to catch the moment :(
Ok, so I'm smug.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 08:10:27 PM »
I wasn't able to get my camera phone out in time to catch the moment :(

That could've been your picture of the day.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 08:31:46 PM »
As of now I wouldn't do it, but if I were caught short with my small child, I wouldn't hesitate to pull his pants down and let him pee. Sorry. Its all about the kid. Obviously, I would look for a toilet first, but if push came to shove, the kid would be peeing where the drunks do after dark!

• Liked: 2
Re: Parents Allowing Their Kids To Pee In The Street
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 08:46:41 PM »
As of now I wouldn't do it, but if I were caught short with my small child, I wouldn't hesitate to pull his pants down and let him pee. Sorry. Its all about the kid. Obviously, I would look for a toilet first, but if push came to shove, the kid would be peeing where the drunks do after dark!

Ditto. And really, having a go at his mother about it, could be very upsetting for a child, maybe even make them anxious about peeing.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:44:31 PM by Britwife »

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 09:00:24 PM »
If LuckyCuz was polite about pointing out the nearby facilities and the mother began swearing at her for it then chances are the child is going to experience a lot more upsetting moments like this in his growing up years.

• Liked: 2
Re: Parents Allowing Their Kids To Pee In The Street
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 09:16:19 PM »
If LuckyCuz was polite about pointing out the nearby facilities and the mother began swearing at her for it then chances are the child is going to experience a lot more upsetting moments like this in his growing up years.

Oh quite possibly. Just looking at it from another angle, that's all.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:44:43 PM by Britwife »

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 09:35:57 PM »
Just looking at it from another angle, that's all
On the other hand, if LuckyCuz had come out ranting and raving at the little guy and his mum.....  well he might never be ready for big boy pants.   :)

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »
I don't think its the fact that the kid pee'd on the street as much as where he pee'd and the mother's attitude about it.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 09:49:58 PM »
there has been times when my son had to do it! we just went in an alley and i took the tissue and threw it in the bin, but that was after three shops had no loo, or not for the public and i was running out of time...

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 10:40:50 PM »
I don't think its the fact that the kid pee'd on the street as much as where he pee'd and the mother's attitude about it.

Yeah, that's the deal.  Mum couldn't be bothered to properly deal with it.  I KNOW kids in the process of toilet training often don't give much warning, but that she couldn't be bothered to go that little bit further to the restrooms, and then purposefully encouraged him to pee on the sign.  Lousy.  Would she have had a little girl pee in public?  Or is this one of those boys will be boys situations?

• *swelch2
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 10:44:13 PM »
at least it was a child (still no excuse)  in Japan we have grown men having a go outside schools!  well, at least i have seen many taxi drivers and salarymen doing just that...eewww
Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth "You owe me."
Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky.
-Hafiz

Sponsored Links