Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worse Than An IA  (Read 215228 times)

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
Re: Worse Than An IA
« Reply #2490 on: September 17, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »
Hugggzzzz and way lotsa of more Hugggggz for all...Just keep the faith, and say a pray..for guidance and love to all... I believe good KARMA  will come to all who Suffer unnecessarily
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2491 on: September 29, 2015, 10:23:43 PM »
Just wanted to update: my Brit is getting around SO much better this week. He's still in a lot of pain and taking a lot of OTC painkillers, but he's mobile! YAY! And the change in my migraine meds seems to be working, which is great.

AND the whole rental house fiasco is handled. We signed the paperwork today and we picked up the keys. The house is officially ours! We took our whippet by the very empty house this evening and he had a good run around in the yard and met the new neighbour's dog through a small hole in the fence. We even got to meet one of our new neighbour's and he was really nice! He even offered to help us move stuff into the house. Now that is a good neighbour. Things are looking up!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #2492 on: November 10, 2015, 06:45:19 PM »
Oh, man. Today was a terrible day.

We moved into our new house a little over a month ago and the staircase is ridiculously steep (in my opinion) and the steps are only 6 inches deep. Not exactly easy to go up and down...

This morning, I slipped and fell down nearly the entire staircase. I slipped at the very top of the stairs before I had a chance to grab the handrail.

I've got two huge bruises and rug burn on my bum and bruises and rug burn on my forearms. (I'd only just got up and was heading to the shower). I seriously thought I was going to seriously injure myself.

I went to the doctor and all she said was I didn't damage my sciatica. And she was super reluctant to give me any pain meds. I think she thought I was only there for them...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #2493 on: November 11, 2015, 12:11:15 AM »
Ouch! You poor thing! Take a few days to pamper yourself and heal.

It is sad that people struggle to legitimately get pain medication when it is needed because of so many abusing it.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #2494 on: November 11, 2015, 02:34:55 PM »
Thanks TamaMoo.

Yesterday was not a fun day. I am on sick leave today and if I can't sit down for a long time tomorrow, I will be working from home. I'm hoping to be able to go in, but it depends.

It was really annoying. She asked me if I had any allergies and when I told her I was allergic to Vicodin and codeine all she said was, 'Vicodin is a brand name,' and was annoyed that I didn't know the actual drug name (hydrocodone as I now know) and she had to look it up. She was really brusque and didn't seem to want to answer any questions either.

« Reply #2495 on: November 11, 2015, 10:43:42 PM »
I hate it when nurses and doctors are abrupt in their manner at a time you really need some kindness. The fact you are allergic to one of the 'big boys' of pain relievers should be a clue you aren't there just to get the meds. If you are anything like me, being allergic to something makes me fear similar things.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 12
« Reply #2496 on: November 12, 2015, 10:21:12 AM »
DS was here for 2 weeks and flew back Tuesday night.  We hear from him this morning that he is in the hospital with blood clots on lung!  He was in a lot of pain so headed to ER after work.  Doc says it is from long haul air travel and after some more tests they will put him on blood thinners and send him home by the weekend.  I may be making a trip.

Hope you're doing better, Lyonaria.

>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #2497 on: November 12, 2015, 02:53:35 PM »
I hate it when nurses and doctors are abrupt in their manner at a time you really need some kindness. The fact you are allergic to one of the 'big boys' of pain relievers should be a clue you aren't there just to get the meds. If you are anything like me, being allergic to something makes me fear similar things.

Yeah, it was crap. It's not like I would go to the doctor for no reason. And it is one of the big ones. The drug she did give me really messes with my head and I don't know why anyone would want to feel that way voluntarily. And I definitely don't want something to make me sick!

And I am so sorry to hear that BostonDiner! I hope that your DS is feeling better soon. That is definitely a scary thing.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #2498 on: December 21, 2015, 10:06:22 PM »
Have been back in US over a month now due to DS illness: pulmonary embolisms followed by pleurisy.  The pain was bad at first but much improved; however he has bouts of dizziness so unable to drive.   Hence I have to be here to take him to appointments and do shopping, etc.  He is on anti-coagulants and we hoped it would be only a few months but found out today it is indefinite.  He's really upset as his new job involves heavy lifting, use of ladders and box-cutters -- all forbidden.  I hope the company can move him into something more suitable but he really liked what he was doing.  Not a very merry Christmas for him.'
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #2499 on: December 21, 2015, 11:54:28 PM »
Poor guy! Life can be so unfair sometimes. I hope the company can move him to something else. Not being able to work at all would be even more of a blow.

― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2500 on: June 17, 2017, 06:38:31 PM »
We've had one of those days!  Copper at the emergency vets (UTI).  Hopefully it will be quickly and easily treated.  Gave me quite a scare today with blood in her urine!

Gave the baby a  bottle of formula today...  we definitely think we've got another dairy allergy on our hands.  😞  I've been dairy free for a few weeks and was told to reintroduce dairy into my diet to test it.  I hate having to experiment on my baby!

Going to call the paed on Monday and tell her the days events and see if she agrees.  I don't mind breastfeeding (I was a bit precious about it the first time around).  But this baby feeds 15-20 times a day and I'm a bit broken.  I'm not coping well with the no sleep and I need the option of formula for an occasional bottle.  Plus I'm not taking a year off so he'll have to be on some formula at some point.  <sigh>

I know we are on the right path to getting some answers but I really want to be at the end of the path!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2501 on: June 17, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »
We've had one of those days!  Copper at the emergency vets (UTI).  Hopefully it will be quickly and easily treated.  Gave me quite a scare today with blood in her urine!

Gave the baby a  bottle of formula today...  we definitely think we've got another dairy allergy on our hands.  😞  I've been dairy free for a few weeks and was told to reintroduce dairy into my diet to test it.  I hate having to experiment on my baby!

Going to call the paed on Monday and tell her the days events and see if she agrees.  I don't mind breastfeeding (I was a bit precious about it the first time around).  But this baby feeds 15-20 times a day and I'm a bit broken.  I'm not coping well with the no sleep and I need the option of formula for an occasional bottle.  Plus I'm not taking a year off so he'll have to be on some formula at some point.  <sigh>

I know we are on the right path to getting some answers but I really want to be at the end of the path!!

Oh dear. Poor kitty, I hope the UTI clears up fast.    And poor you too, I really hope you are able to get a few hours in a row this weekend.  Sending hugs!   :)  xx

« Reply #2502 on: June 17, 2017, 09:43:41 PM »
Oh dear. Poor kitty, I hope the UTI clears up fast.    And poor you too, I really hope you are able to get a few hours in a row this weekend.  Sending hugs!   :)  xx

She really scared me today.  She was peeing blood!!!  I had to wait 4 hours for our appointment...  of which I spent crying and cuddling her.  The reality that my kitties are increasing in age really makes me sad.   :\\\'(

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2503 on: June 17, 2017, 09:55:32 PM »
She really scared me today.  She was peeing blood!!!  I had to wait 4 hours for our appointment...  of which I spent crying and cuddling her.  The reality that my kitties are increasing in age really makes me sad.   :\\\'(

I completely understand.   How is she in herself?

« Reply #2504 on: June 18, 2017, 10:02:04 AM »
I completely understand.   How is she in herself?

She was "okay" but not herself in that she was squatting everywhere having little piddles.

Today she seems totally back to normal!  The meds are already working.   :)  Looks like we caught it early. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab