Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worse Than An IA  (Read 216019 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Worse Than An IA
« Reply #2505 on: June 18, 2017, 10:06:26 AM »
She was "okay" but not herself in that she was squatting everywhere having little piddles.

Today she seems totally back to normal!  The meds are already working.   :)  Looks like we caught it early.

Thank goodness for that!  ;D  I've been worried too.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2506 on: June 21, 2017, 09:04:30 PM »
She was "okay" but not herself in that she was squatting everywhere having little piddles.

Today she seems totally back to normal!  The meds are already working.   :)  Looks like we caught it early.

Is she still doing well?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2507 on: September 03, 2017, 11:09:35 PM »
My iPad screen cracked.   :\\\'(

Five years I had my old iPad with no damage.  Less than a year with this one.  No idea what happened.  I have a crazy strong case on it.   :-\\\\

• Liked: 18
« Reply #2508 on: September 03, 2017, 11:45:49 PM »
If your boy is teething early, those are some serious jaw muscles.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #2509 on: November 05, 2017, 11:25:11 PM »
I left my kindle fire tablet on the plane when I landed in Toronto last Saturday (after picking up my BRP) and haven't been able to get it back.

I know when you travel, airlines have no liability for items left on a plane. But - I was the last one off because I needed assistance, and realized it before I hit customs. I immediately went to the airline's baggage department and was told "Sorry, you'll have to call this number in a few days. We can't call the plane cleaning crew." So .. I call that number and I'm told no, you need to call the baggage department at the airport - the exact same people who told me they couldn't help me. I finally got through to someone there again 5 days after the flight and got a "sorry, we don't have anything besides iPads right now". So now it's probably being enjoyed by someone on the flight crew or cleaning crew or baggage department. Amazon locked it remotely, but the annoyance of knowing you left something not far away, on a secure plane, and having absolutely no way to get it back is ridiculous. I don't have a choice but to fly AirTransat again because they are the only way to bring my cat on cargo affordably w/ a one way ticket, but I don't think they'll be getting my business again after that. Mrrr.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #2510 on: November 06, 2017, 08:05:09 AM »
I left my kindle fire tablet on the plane when I landed in Toronto last Saturday (after picking up my BRP) and haven't been able to get it back.

That really sucks.

Is it possible when they told you they only have iPads, they were mistaking your tablet for an iPad?

If you had extra assistance, is there a hotline or different email for people who need extra assistance? If so, they might be able to help a bit more. It might not be their remit, but they might be less overwhelmed with general customer support and able to spend a bit more time looking into it.

Fingers crossed you get it back.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

« Reply #2511 on: November 06, 2017, 05:04:33 PM »
That really sucks.

Is it possible when they told you they only have iPads, they were mistaking your tablet for an iPad?

If you had extra assistance, is there a hotline or different email for people who need extra assistance? If so, they might be able to help a bit more. It might not be their remit, but they might be less overwhelmed with general customer support and able to spend a bit more time looking into it.

Fingers crossed you get it back.

Unfortunately no, they treated those of us requiring assistance horribly as well and don't have anyone separate to help. They only had 2 employees to transport 17 people who couldn't walk the full distance from the plane to customs. It was really awful. So I've filed a separate complaint now, and am researching Canadian consumer protection laws to file a written complaint against them. I have no hope of having it returned at this point- all of their processes are set up to basically ensure if you forget something it's as difficult as possible to get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #2512 on: November 07, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »
I've got a Really old one sitting around that you can borrow if you want.  It's just gathering dust. 

« Reply #2513 on: November 07, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »
I've got a Really old one sitting around that you can borrow if you want.  It's just gathering dust.
Hubby is replacing it ... I'm just angry that they wouldn't let me get it back while I was still in the airport and the plane was still at the gate being cleaned/serviced!

« Reply #2514 on: November 07, 2017, 04:21:31 PM »
I know a guy that had a similar experience with a video recorder, never got it back. 

On the other hand, my uncle was flying through Heathrow and left his iPad on the plane.  He got it back but I had to go to the airport and get it in person, then mail it.  Probably because they were first class. 

Anyway, how does it feel to be here?  You've been working on it forever.

« Reply #2515 on: November 07, 2017, 04:43:51 PM »
I know a guy that had a similar experience with a video recorder, never got it back. 

On the other hand, my uncle was flying through Heathrow and left his iPad on the plane.  He got it back but I had to go to the airport and get it in person, then mail it.  Probably because they were first class. 

Anyway, how does it feel to be here?  You've been working on it forever.
Not quite there yet. Closer, but house isn't even on the market yet because I have no help, have so many injuries that keep getting worse, and can't afford to just hire people to do everything. I did pick up my BRP and hope to be back before Xmas for good. Being sick for years & unable to do a lot of social things means you lose your entire support network, and when I decided to move I lost the rest. Only other people with the same genetic condition have offered to help, but I can't hurt someone even though I know they do so willingly. Praying I can find a remote job when I'm finally over there because I don't think my body could handle continuing to commute.

« Reply #2516 on: November 07, 2017, 04:57:10 PM »
Jeez Margo, you've got it tough.  I'm sure things will get a lot easier when you are here with your SO. 

« Reply #2517 on: November 13, 2017, 01:34:54 AM »
My week got even worse! My car broke hitting a manhole cover so had to file an insurance claim (I called for roadside assistance ... they were like nope you hit something!) So car goes to collision shop, suspension is fixed and I go to pick it up. Without telling me they'd be doing it, they "helpfully" detailed the car. I am so allergic to that stuff that my skin still burns trying to drive it with the window down, and that made me so reactive that the dust from replacing a light switch nearly caused anaphylaxis. So none of the painting that needed to be done (with zero voc paint) or trips to goodwill to clear out stuff happened. I'm in a Benadryl daze and praying this next week gets better!

• Liked: 223
« Reply #2518 on: November 13, 2017, 07:53:19 AM »
My week got even worse! My car broke hitting a manhole cover so had to file an insurance claim (I called for roadside assistance ... they were like nope you hit something!) So car goes to collision shop, suspension is fixed and I go to pick it up. Without telling me they'd be doing it, they "helpfully" detailed the car. I am so allergic to that stuff that my skin still burns trying to drive it with the window down, and that made me so reactive that the dust from replacing a light switch nearly caused anaphylaxis. So none of the painting that needed to be done (with zero voc paint) or trips to goodwill to clear out stuff happened. I'm in a Benadryl daze and praying this next week gets better!

Oh man! That really sucks.

I'm sure the auto shop didn't think about allergies when they did the extra work, but they really should have.

Will your reaction improved with time as the car airs out?

I hope you feel better and are able to get everything done!
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

« Reply #2519 on: November 13, 2017, 12:23:03 PM »
Oh man! That really sucks.

I'm sure the auto shop didn't think about allergies when they did the extra work, but they really should have.

Will your reaction improved with time as the car airs out?

I hope you feel better and are able to get everything done!
I'm not sure ... I've always had issues with rental vehicles, they usually give me one that hadn't been cleaned (aside from their antibacterial wash they're legally required to use) but I still have to drive with the windows down. They really went to town on my car, even having the heat on my legs (because it's below zero) was blowing more of the stuff into my face. They wouldn't tell me what they sprayed or where they sprayed it, and basically the more I'm exposed to things I'm allergic to, the worse the reactions become until I avoid them for a very long time. My face and neck still burns from attempting to drive to an appointment on Saturday. :( My neighbors do more laundry than any humans on the planet with incredibly potent fabric softener, so I couldn't even leave it in my driveway or the garage door up to have it air out more.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab