Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors  (Read 39390 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »
So basically I have to continue to just sit around until they decide to email me back? 

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
So my spousal visa is good from 02/10/11 to 02/01/14... 2 years and 3 months seems like an odd amount of time for this visa to be good for. Is this an error? I thought it was supposed to be good for 2 years and then I could apply for ILR. Is it supposed to be 3 years? I'm confused. I am just wondering if they were supposed to put 02/10/14 or if 2 years and 3 months is correct.
Met online- November 2008
Date we got engaged- November 2nd, 2009
Sent my dog to the UK -July '10 (after an 8 month ordeal)
Applied Online for Fiance visa- Feb. 4th 2011
Biometrics apt. Feb. 7th 2011
Mailed Supporting Docs w/ priority processing- to LA cons. Feb. 7th 2011
Delivered to LA Cons- Feb. 9th 2011
Conf. email received- Feb. 17th 2011
Application approved- Feb. 17th 2011
Married- March 26th, 2011

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2011, 07:57:56 PM »
So my spousal visa is good from 02/10/11 to 02/01/14... 2 years and 3 months seems like an odd amount of time for this visa to be good for. Is this an error? I thought it was supposed to be good for 2 years and then I could apply for ILR. Is it supposed to be 3 years? I'm confused. I am just wondering if they were supposed to put 02/10/14 or if 2 years and 3 months is correct.

I just answered your question more fully in the other thread, but yes, 2 years and 3 months is correct :).

• Liked: 387
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2011, 07:58:10 PM »

Spouse visas are 27 months, so you're fine.  :)

ETA:  x-posted with ksand.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:05:29 PM by Aquila »

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 06:55:43 AM »
Hello All,

I have an issuing error, I received my passport back today with my visa.  I'm not intending on traveling to the UK until Jan 1st 2012 and am planning to get married June 8th 2012 and they decided to make my valid dates run from Oct 11 2011-April 11 2012.

I noticed that the first post on this thread gave an email to contact the NY Consulate, I was wondering if anyone knew if they are still the same, as the post is from 2009?

thanks!

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »
As far as I am aware, that is still the correct email.

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2011, 08:19:08 PM »
Grrrrrr,

I emailed the New York Office (as they are officially the only one issuing visas) on Friday about the wrong validity dates on the visa they just issued and I am yet to hear back.

What do I do?!

Can the Worldbridge toll line answer questions on this? I was under the impression that they only help with visa application, but now that mine has already been issued I wasn't sure if they can help.

Thanks

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2011, 02:23:07 AM »
Quote from: Fstetina link=topic=57518.msg1002166#msg1002166
I emailed the New York Office (as they are officially the only one issuing visas) on Friday about the wrong validity dates on the visa they just issued and I am yet to hear back.

What do I do?!

Can the Worldbridge toll line answer questions on this?

You wait. You're not travelling till Jan anyway so it's not like you're missing your flight next week. Irritating I know, but really nothing to get worked up about. Worldbridge cannot correct your visa for you, they cannot even answer visa related questions. They're not advisers, just a source of how to do an application - general information basically.

Nothing much you can do but wait it out and keep emailing. Eventually someone will get back to you.

Just be reminded that there's only an error if you specifically put your date of intended travel as January. If you didn't then your visa is correct and there's no error to correct.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:25:46 AM by WebyJ »

• Liked: 3
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2011, 04:33:37 PM »
Got my visa delivered today and noticed an error. The dates regarding validity are all in UK date format (dd/mm/yy), but my birthdate is wrong if it's also supposed to be in UK format (e.g. - for a birthdate of March 4th, instead of 04/03/yy they put 03/04/yy).

Is it imperative that this get corrected? Really annoying considering tomorrow is the start of a 4 day weekend for them. Bloody Thanksgiving...

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2012, 06:04:30 PM »
They left a number out of my passport number. I've emailed them. Has anyone heard back from the new York email address listed in the first post? Makes me wond if it till valid since they closed the other consulates.

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »
They left a number out of my passport number. I've emailed them. Has anyone heard back from the new York email address listed in the first post? Makes me wond if it till valid since they closed the other consulates.

You should also have an email when your visa was issued that says who to contact if you find an error on your vignette. Start with that one first and keep in mind it may take them a bit of time to get back to you (week or so).

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2012, 07:04:14 PM »
I only have the email that says it was issued. It doesn't have anything in it about errors. I've emailed the email address for the NY complaints as well as the email address that the emails come from and still nothing and its been 24 hours..

I over-nighted it back to them with a letter saying what was wrong and asking them to please fix it. They got it today according to my tracking.

I'm hoping that they open it today and send it back.  wanted to travel on monday but might have to wait till next monday.

I wish there was a phone number.

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2012, 10:22:35 PM »
Has anyone heard back from the new York email address listed in the first post?

My visa was issued back in August 2010, so upfront disclaimer, that was quite some time ago. 

I had an error and emailed the NY address.  I did hear back from someone who instructed me to mail my passport back to the Consulate to the attention of a specific person.  So, in my experience, I did get a response back. 

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2012, 08:19:26 AM »
Was that before or after the closure of all but New York? I think since they closed the other offices that NY is a lot busier. I emailed them Wednesday and Thursday and no response yet. I know that its took them two days to open my application after they received it. It also took them two days to approve my visa after I faxed them my criminal records from the courts that they requested.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2012, 08:41:27 AM »
Was that before or after the closure of all but New York? I think since they closed the other offices that NY is a lot busier. I emailed them Wednesday and Thursday and no response yet. I know that its took them two days to open my application after they received it. It also took them two days to approve my visa after I faxed them my criminal records from the courts that they requested.

That's actually really fast, especially as you did not use priority - the NY consulate is currently processing applications at the fastest rate I've seen in the last 5 years!

Back in 2010 when Aquila applied (before the LA and Chicago consulates closed), non-priority applications could take a week or two to be opened and with previous refusals/criminal convictions it could take up to 3 months for processing. In August/September 2010, straightforward (non-priority) applications were taking 30-45 working days, with an extra 2-3 weeks added if you had criminal convictions or previous refusals. As it was, your visa was opened in 2 days and processed in just 17 working days... that's an extremely fast turnaround time considering your immigration record.

Thing is, if you sent your passport back without first confirming that they would accept and correct it and without addressing it to the specific person who will be dealing with it, then I'm not sure that it will actually get sorted out, at least not quickly.

Normally you need to wait for a response from them to find out if you have permission to send it back (whether they are willing to correct it), how to send it, who to address it to and how long it will take for them to correct it.

Sponsored Links