Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Student Visa's processing timetable  (Read 10688 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Student Visa's processing timetable
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010, 12:08:52 AM »
Does anyone know about the Chicago Consulate? Thanks for any advice you could give me, I would appreciate ANYTHING!

Well, it's not much, but here's the complaint email for the Chicago consulate: zzvisacomplaints@fco.gov.uk

(LA: complaintslavisa@fco.gov.uk
NYC: Visa_ComplaintsNY@fco.gov.uk
in case anyone else needs these)

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/ [nofollow] this website might be helpful.

it does say they'll respond to emails within 20 days but they emailed me back within 24 hours when i asked a simple questions about why i'd received a confirmation email and my dependant hadn't.

Good Luck!

• Inspirohost
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »
I got my visa for graduate studies the same day at the NY consulate. It was really easy and the consular people were very nice. I used premium service through Worldbridge since my flight's in 3 weeks.
Moving to UK on September 25!

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2010, 04:05:16 PM »
Is it too late to upgrade to premium? I've already sent out my visa application but didn't know about this option.
If I was to use the premium option this week... can I chose which day to go in and get my visa?
Sept 2010 to Oct 2013 - T4
* 2014 *
Oct 8 - Applied for Fiancé Visa
Oct 20 - Sent forms
Nov 18 - Refused! (Mistake on financial req')
Dec 16 - Sent appeal
* 2015 *
Jan 15 - Fiancé visa approved
Jan 26 - Received Fiancé visa!
Feb 19 - Flight to UK
Apr 9 - Married!
May 2 - Sent FLR(M)
May 12 - Ack' letter
May 21 - Biometrics taken @PO
June 16 - FLR(M) granted! Woot woot! :)

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2010, 04:06:53 PM »
Is it too late to upgrade to premium? I've already sent out my visa application but didn't know about this option.
If I was to use the premium option this week... can I chose which day to go in and get my visa?

Once you've sent it out that's it.

The only way is to withdraw your application, lose your fees that you've already paid, reapply, pay again, do biometrics again and then schedule the premium appointment.

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2010, 04:13:17 PM »
Once you've sent it out that's it.

The only way is to withdraw your application, lose your fees that you've already paid, reapply, pay again, do biometrics again and then schedule the premium appointment.

That sucks, I wish I would've known sooner or read the worldbridge website much more thoroughly.

Thanks for the reply.
Sept 2010 to Oct 2013 - T4
* 2014 *
Oct 8 - Applied for Fiancé Visa
Oct 20 - Sent forms
Nov 18 - Refused! (Mistake on financial req')
Dec 16 - Sent appeal
* 2015 *
Jan 15 - Fiancé visa approved
Jan 26 - Received Fiancé visa!
Feb 19 - Flight to UK
Apr 9 - Married!
May 2 - Sent FLR(M)
May 12 - Ack' letter
May 21 - Biometrics taken @PO
June 16 - FLR(M) granted! Woot woot! :)

« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2010, 09:36:51 PM »
Wednesday, August 11, mailed applications (student and dependant) to LA around 2pm
Thursday, August 12, UPS confirmed delivered
Friday, August 13, We have received your application at the UK Border Agency in Los Angeles and it is currently being processed.

Waiting, waiting, anxiously waiting!
Scheduled to leave September 10, might squeak through!

Sweet relief! The email confirmation has arrived. Still a little nervous about the "UPS tracking number will not be activated for at least another 1-2 business days" because I'm supposed to leave New Mexico on Friday and Denver on Monday but it seems everyone else has gotten their stuff overnight.

Wheee!

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »
ohh congrats to you!!! You must be so excited!! Very happy for you, hope you have a enjoyable trip and arrival.
Biometrics- Aug. 23rd
Premium appt. in NYC - Aug 25th
Fiancee and I were told that processing was expected to take longer than usual
Approval Email...??
Visa in mail...??

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2010, 09:58:12 PM »
ohh congrats to you!!! You must be so excited!! Very happy for you, hope you have a enjoyable trip and arrival.

Thanks Jessi! I have my fingers crossed that yours shows up ASAP!

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2010, 09:09:40 AM »
Aug 31st - Sent Tier 4 Student Visa for LSE (not priority nor premiere service)
Sept 1st - Los Angeles office received documents
Sept 3rd - Los Angeles UKBA office sent email confirming documents are under process.

WorldBridge states processing time in Los Angeles, assuming no problems, is 10 days after receipt.  UKBA states 5-15 working days on average. 

Does anyone know from personal experience how long the visa process is taking at this time of year for Los Angeles Consulate?  I know every situation is different -- but I guess I am just looking for a ray of light or some positive stories to hold onto.

Many Thanks.   

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2010, 09:12:25 AM »
I received mine non-priority through LA in thirteen business days, but that was a few weeks ago.  I'm not certain if they're more backed up now. 
"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2010, 02:33:42 PM »
Today is business day 12 for our "premium" service exceptional visa applications. No news yet. Last Tuesday they told us we can expect a decision by the end of the week. That week came and went. Still waiting. The course starts on Friday.  >:(
Biometrics- Aug. 23rd
Approval Email...??
Visa in mail...??

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2010, 04:02:42 PM »
Hi all,

New to the forum and waiting for my student visa.  Just thought I'd write in to commiserate and see if anyone has any sage advice.  My application arrived in LA on August 26th, which I believe makes today day 12 of waiting.  I didn't choose premium service, which was stupid.  I'm now in DC, so in retrospect I should have just gone up to NYC, paid for a premium appointment, and done this in person.  Oh well...

When I submitted the forms, I didn't have access to my old passport, but I've since been able to get it out of storage, so I'm sending it to the consulate today.  Maybe that will speed things up.

My flight is on the 19th, and enrollment is on the 21st, so I'm really hoping I get my passport back this week.

Has anyone found a way to actually contact the LA consulate?  I'd like to at least find out if there's a problem with my application.  I guess there's no reason to assume there is, but it would be nice to know.

Thanks!

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2010, 04:05:07 PM »
Has anyone found a way to actually contact the LA consulate

In my experience so far, Ive found the best way to contact the consulates is via fax. I'd check thier website for the fax #.
Biometrics- Aug. 23rd
Approval Email...??
Visa in mail...??

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »
I sent them a fax early last week explaining that I want to send them this old passport and advising (very politely) that my course begins extremely soon.  No response...

I applied the day my CAS was made available, so honestly I'm not sure what else I could have done.

I sounded to me like someone here was able to call the consulate to find out that there was a problem.  Is that wrong?

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2010, 04:14:42 PM »
For me so far the only way I have been able to get ahold of the NY consulate is via fax. Ive tried calling thier number but when I press "5" as instructed to speak with someone, I am looped back around to the initial greeting message. Frustrating at best. Im sure LA or Chicago is not much different. Good luck though.
Biometrics- Aug. 23rd
Approval Email...??
Visa in mail...??

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab