Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: All Things Beer!  (Read 64199 times)

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
Re: All Things Beer!
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »
Went out last night and the place I went to already had Post Road pumpkin ale on tap. Normally, I don't do pumpkin things until September, but I then rationalized having one by saying 'Well, you did have to do without for 3 years, this is merely catching up!'  ;D

I've had the Post Road before, in bottles, and it's not my favourite, but the fact that it was readily available made up for it!
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2012, 10:18:01 AM »
It's never too early for pumpkin beer!  :) 

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Glenn's Sports Collection Want List
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
Woo hoo! Just scored 4 bottles of PBR, a jar of bread & butter pickles, a 2 bags of Tootsie Rolls from Lupe Pintos in Glasgow.

That's dinner planned.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2012, 06:13:17 PM »
What's PBR?

« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2012, 06:19:12 PM »
Pabst Blue Ribbon!!! Call yourself an American? Sheesh!! ;D

« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »
Tracey, PBR has become quite fashionable with the younger crowd here in the US. I met friends for drinks at a pub in DC and everyone under the age of 30 was drinking it. Who knew??

« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
 :o  :o  :o

I have a vague memory of Pabst being like a cheap, crappy old-man's beer. Like the kind of beer drunk by the weirdo hermit who lived next to my parents.

Wow.  Changed times.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:48:17 PM by Tracey »

« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »
See? Fashionable, younger crowd.

So there. Nyah, Nyah, nyah.

(yeah, that was real mature.....)

« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2012, 06:45:48 PM »
I'll try to haud myself back next time I'm in Lupe Pintos!

• Pajama Enthusiast
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »
Tracey, PBR has become quite fashionable with the younger crowd here in the US. I met friends for drinks at a pub in DC and everyone under the age of 30 was drinking it. Who knew??

Yeah, it's definitely a 'thing'. If my friends and I (late 20s - early 30s) are going to drink swill on the cheap, it's PBR all the way. When it comes down to it, it's actually not a bad beer when compared to terrible stuff like Coors or Miller Lite or some other yuck-inducing cheap light beer.
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2012, 04:13:31 PM »
Ahh, I used to drink PBR in uni, well before it was 'cool' (I guess I'm a trendsetter, hahahahahahahhaah  ;)  :P )  that and Meister Brau.  Two beers that were dirt cheap and didn't give you (too) horrible of hangovers.  But when you're young you dont care.  Nowadays give me some proper beer please!   
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »
Just saw an advert in the CAMRA beer magazine for a new beer by Theakstons called Lightfoot... meant to taste of peaches and honey, so I love the idea of it!
Anyone tried it yet?

It's nice but I wouldn't describe it as new. They had it in Masham when we went in April and I've had it in bottles prior to that.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:56:35 AM by TykeMan »
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
Had a great birthday week in Bruges, Belgium. Highly recommend it....tried plenty of wonderful beers but I think it spoiled me as I got home, had a 5% ale and thought it didn't taste too strong!
On Saturday though had another birthday session in Sheffield.....tried the latest outlet of Ossett Brewery's The Hop and very nice it was too.....their Hop Monster was very much like an American IPA.

On another note - went shopping to our local Tescos (not been in for a while) and they had Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, Goose Island Pale Ale and Brooklyn lager. Ranged from about £1.80 to £2.30 a bottle. I might get a selection for the NFL opening games. They also had big soft Philly-style pretzels which DW couldn't resist!
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2012, 12:21:38 PM »
It's nice but I wouldn't describe it as new. They had it in Masham when we went in April and I've had it in bottles prior to that.

Weird.  Maybe they're just trying to jog peoples memories?  Or maybe it's 'new' to different areas/markets... never seen it in Glasgow.

« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »
Had a great birthday week in Bruges, Belgium. Highly recommend it....tried plenty of wonderful beers but I think it spoiled me as I got home, had a 5% ale and thought it didn't taste too strong!
A belated happy birthday!  I love Belgian beers!

On Saturday though had another birthday session in Sheffield.....tried the latest outlet of Ossett Brewery's The Hop and very nice it was too.....their Hop Monster was very much like an American IPA.

Been to the Ossett 'Hop' in Leeds, but not yet to the one in Sheffield.  Haven't tried Hop Monster yet... but usually enjoy Ossett, particularly Excelsior and Silver King.

Where else did you go in Sheffield?  There are some fab pubs there!

Sponsored Links