Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: All Things Beer!  (Read 63918 times)

• Liked: 584
Re: All Things Beer!
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2012, 03:19:18 PM »
I could be wrong... it could have been something with a similar name (but I'm sure it was Bullion), but I think I had that at New Year when I was in the Lake District.

Phoenix Double Gold in my local tonight... or so I've been promised by the cellarman.  I don't know if I've had this before, but I normally like Phoenix beers, so I'm looking forward to it.

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2012, 08:15:59 AM »
The Phoenix Double Gold was YUK.  >:(

But the Yates' Bees Knees made up for it!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2012, 09:23:20 PM »
Brakspear Triple. 7.2% abv. Mmmm, tastes yummy as well!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »
My boyfriend and our pals are taking a trip on Saturday through to Musselburgh to an excellent wee pub, where they've been promised various strong, dry, pale, hoppy, citrus-y ales , such as Magic Rock Highwire, Oakham's Scarlet Macaw and Bishop's Farewell, Hawkshead USPA.
But I'm going to a funeral instead.
Strong ale to follow, I'm sure.   :\\\'(

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2012, 04:16:58 PM »
Strong ale to follow, I'm sure.   :\\\'(

:\\\'( :\\\'( :\\\'(
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2012, 01:45:35 PM »
Ugh.
Had a lot of really poor beer at the weekend.  Several pints of warm Pipers Gold and Jarl...I drank loads of it, but didn't enjoy it at all.  They really need to sort out the temperature in the cellar... we tell the guy every time we are in there, but so far, no change.  I think it won't change until we start refusing to drink in there, but the boys like the pub and the staff, so they suffer the beer temp.  A Pictish beer, Siren, which was disgusting.  The German bier fridge at the Ally Arms had a poor selection.  There were a couple of pints of Loddon Summer Snowflake, which were reasonable, but the barrel went off quickly.  1 pint of Tempest Into The Light, which was too young/not ready and was awful.

>:(

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2012, 02:05:40 PM »
Just read this thread in full!

Nose Over Tail, did you get a chance to try your Belgian White Beer before you left?  I'm wondering how it turned out.

If I hadn't sold all my equipment years ago, I would be seriously tempted to try brewing again  (handy enough, I live 5 minutes walk from the brewing shop!) ...  oooh, just had a look online and spotted a very basic starter kit for £35 including delivery!  (maybe i can talk HB into getting it for me... something to amuse myself with while he is in Germany this week, instead of painting the lounge!) 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:42:57 PM by Tracey »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »

Nose Over Tail, did you get a chance to try your Belgian White Beer before you left?  I'm wondering how it turned out.

If I hadn't sold all my equipment years ago, I would be seriously tempted to try brewing again  (handy enough, I live 5 minutes walk from the brewing shop!) ...  oooh, just had a look online and spotted a very basic starter kit for £35 including delivery!  (maybe i can talk HB into getting it for me... something to amuse myself with while he is in Germany this week, instead of painting the lounge!) 

Neat.  I hope you can try!  I've been wanting to try beer brewing myself.

I have been enjoying some 'Elbow Build a Rocket Boys' beer lately.
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2012, 06:33:52 AM »

Neat.  I hope you can try!  I've been wanting to try beer brewing myself.

I have been enjoying some 'Elbow Build a Rocket Boys' beer lately.

I had to Google that...it's a Robinsons beer!

I've determined, though, that brewing is NOT in my future... at least as long as I live in this poxy flat with only 12x12 inches of worktop space in the kitchen.  Also in the last couple of days, I have been reading lots of brewing forums/discussion boards, and I know I would not want to brew from a kit... I would want to brew from grains & hops, which requires extra equipment, time, money and hassle.  None of which I have.

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2012, 11:49:36 AM »

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2012, 12:08:05 PM »
Sorry, but an icy cold michelada on a hot summer day is HEAVEN!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2012, 01:02:49 PM »
I'm trying to envision myself in a situation where the weather was hot enough to make me want to drink something like that, and... it's just not coming to me.  If it was that hot, I would probably just be lying in my bed in a darkened room, wilting!  ;)

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »

Sorry, I've been so busy lately that I'm only just seeing this now!

I didn't get to try it, unfortunately. It went to pot along with the relationship!  ;D I know just the brewing shop you're talking about as well. Great wee place. I would love to take up brewing again, and just may when I've got a bit more money to get the equipment. I've got a friend here in New Jersey who is a brew master, so I've got a good resource!
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2012, 07:08:29 PM »
I'm gutted!
I got a new phone, which I love, but my old phone had an app on it that was a beer database... I entered the brewery, beer, ABV, date, place and comments of each new beer I've drunk since the beginning of the year... there were 92 entries at last count!  :)

Just realised it's missing from the info that was transferred over to my new phone, but there's no way of getting the info back, as my old phone was swopped for Argos vouchers, and has been sent for recycling by Vodafone.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
On no Tracey, that sucks!
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links