Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 513636 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #8010 on: June 19, 2018, 02:27:04 PM »
Our delivery drivers (any of the stores) call and ask if they can come early. It's annoying that he didn't.

Yeah, when I used to use Ocado (miss them so much!  I wish they'd expand to my part of Wales!), and up 'til now with Tesco, they would phone if they were running early to make sure it was okay.  I'm sorry yours didn't, Karlee.  That repeated knocking and yelling is really rude!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8011 on: June 20, 2018, 12:13:27 PM »
Tomorrow I'm off to Ladies Day at Ascot with a group of girlfriends.

Just found out the bosses (husband/wife owners of the company) will also be there... in the same enclosure...  I like them, of course.  But dude - it's my day off! 

I have a strict two drink max rule at work functions.  But it's not a work function... so, all bets are off (I guess?).   ::)

« Reply #8012 on: June 20, 2018, 12:20:10 PM »
Tomorrow I'm off to Ladies Day at Ascot with a group of girlfriends.

Just found out the bosses (husband/wife owners of the company) will also be there... in the same enclosure...  I like them, of course.  But dude - it's my day off! 

I have a strict two drink max rule at work functions.  But it's not a work function... so, all bets are off (I guess?).   ::)

I'm beginning to think you're right... you do not have a charmed life (food truck lies, long queues, etc.).  Despite this disadvantage,  you're doing well for yourself.  But, man... you can't catch a break, can you?  :(

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8013 on: June 20, 2018, 12:26:27 PM »
I'm beginning to think you're right... you do not have a charmed life (food truck lies, long queues, etc.).  Despite this disadvantage,  you're doing well for yourself.  But, man... you can't catch a break, can you?  :(

Meh, I catch lots of breaks.  I just like to moan about anything other than perfection here.  :D

« Reply #8014 on: June 20, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »
I was just about to make a post about my Tesco saga, saying that two days later I have had not a peep from Alan or the Tesco team in response to my angry letter, and it seemed my husband would have to write them (getting him to do that would've been about as easy as getting KF's husband to sort out rebuilding a garden fence).  But as I was writing that update post, I received email from a different Customer Engagement agent...

Dear Kimberley*

Thank you for your recent email.

I am sincerely sorry for the further problems you have had however, I have today arranged for a refund to be processed.

I have also issued you a £5 gesture coupon which will be with you in the next 2 hours for you to use on your next online shop.

Again thank you for taking the time to contact me and if there is any more I can do please let me know and I will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards

Kim Anderson

Grocery Customer Service

Tesco Customer Engagement Centre

Result!  I'm not 100% convinced that my own money back and a £5 voucher are enough to undo the damage they've done.  But while we were trying to sort out how to deal with Tesco being dead to me, my husband and I decided we would do one monthly shop with whatever chain I could stomach, where I would buy all the dry goods, and then on my day with the car each week, I would shop locally for all of our fresh ingredients.  I think we'll continue with that plan.  Which means Tesco just lost a lot of our business... possibly all of it.  I need to cancel my Delivery Saver!

Man, I wish I lived near a Costco.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #8015 on: June 20, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »

Man, I wish I lived near a Costco.

I need to get a membership!

Tonights somewhat scary IA... Driving home from a new place and somehow my GPS (Google maps) decided to use walking directions. Tried sending me places that didn't exist, through buildings etc until my husband managed to fix it.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #8016 on: June 20, 2018, 11:03:50 PM »

Tonights somewhat scary IA... Driving home from a new place and somehow my GPS (Google maps) decided to use walking directions. Tried sending me places that didn't exist, through buildings etc until my husband managed to fix it.
Make sure you qualify for a membership here. Next trip back home I'm going to get a US membership so I can shop here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #8017 on: June 20, 2018, 11:12:46 PM »
Make sure you qualify for a membership here. Next trip back home I'm going to get a US membership so I can shop here.

It says if you work in banking/finance you qualify for an individual membership. I'll be working for a lender so I think that would count? I don't know anything about the different levels.

« Reply #8018 on: June 20, 2018, 11:16:41 PM »
It says if you work in banking/finance you qualify for an individual membership. I'll be working for a lender so I think that would count? I don't know anything about the different levels.
It will probably count. I just know my industry isn't covered. Buy I may qualify after I move to the pharmacy. 

« Reply #8019 on: June 22, 2018, 06:11:13 PM »
Tfw you've been unhappy in a job and they ask you to interview your replacement to make sure they can do the job you do, and you also know you're a unicorn in the industry that learned the business/regulations before the corresponding technology. *sigh*

« Reply #8020 on: June 24, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »
How I feel today.

« Reply #8021 on: June 24, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »
How I feel today.

Same. Did too much yesterday triggering a severe migraine. Couldn't even keep down water until I got home and could take migraine meds again, and thank goodness they stayed down. Feeling almost human again.

• Liked: 676
« Reply #8022 on: June 24, 2018, 08:33:46 PM »

ooooo.  :o

And that is why I am addicted to paper maps.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #8023 on: June 25, 2018, 12:14:15 AM »
Would normally be f**ked off at this point but it’s been a lonnnnggg and trying day already...just go in about 20 mins ago from a long trek back from Brussels to find that I have to throw nearly everything in my fridge and freezes out....had a power cut as some point between Thursday and today. Freezer was up to 23c. Totally a first world problem but we just spent more than we anticipated on this trip with my parents where we’re already ready for pay day and now I have to replace a pretty penny’s worth of groceries we had in he freezer (more concerned about all that meat than anything in the fridge). Also, my Ben and Jerry’s - which isn’t cheap (again, if that’s the worst of my problems, I’m very very lucky). Back to work tomorrow for a week of half day’s and some grocery shopping to do to replace a f**ton of now off food.....but at least I’m in my own bed...
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #8024 on: June 25, 2018, 01:16:40 AM »
Would normally be f**ked off at this point but it’s been a lonnnnggg and trying day already...just go in about 20 mins ago from a long trek back from Brussels to find that I have to throw nearly everything in my fridge and freezes out....had a power cut as some point between Thursday and today. Freezer was up to 23c. Totally a first world problem but we just spent more than we anticipated on this trip with my parents where we’re already ready for pay day and now I have to replace a pretty penny’s worth of groceries we had in he freezer (more concerned about all that meat than anything in the fridge). Also, my Ben and Jerry’s - which isn’t cheap (again, if that’s the worst of my problems, I’m very very lucky). Back to work tomorrow for a week of half day’s and some grocery shopping to do to replace a f**ton of now off food.....but at least I’m in my own bed...

Oh no!!! That’s awful!!!  :(
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links