Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 264336 times)

• Liked: 84
Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« on: May 15, 2017, 10:04:12 PM »
Hi guys,

Since our timeline seems to be really different from the the priorities, I figrued it might be useful to have all our info on one thread!

I sent documents on 10 April.
Received notification email from Sheffield 13 April.

Come on guys, good luck to all of us!  And if anyone has already received theirs, do let us know!!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:15:57 AM by TravelingFrog »
Documents sent 10 April
Received: 13 April
Decision email: 22 May

• Liked: 75
Re: Non-priority March April May
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:38:24 PM »
I got a super fast refusal back in February, and now I'm panicking and trying to figure out if I can upgrade to priority retroactively.

2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

• Liked: 253
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 10:43:27 PM »
I was literally just thinking "I wish there was a thread for non-priority apps". I felt kind of alone just stalking the non-priority Feb one.

Application finished: April 15
Biometrics: April 18
Shipped via VFS: April 19
Arrived in Sheffield: April 21
Confirmation email: April 24
Decision:
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 84
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 12:29:37 AM »
So just us three huh???  Well, good luck everyone!!!
Documents sent 10 April
Received: 13 April
Decision email: 22 May

• Liked: 24
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 01:25:38 AM »
I got a super fast refusal back in February, and now I'm panicking and trying to figure out if I can upgrade to priority retroactively.

I applied for priority retroactively the same way that you would apply priority normally, but you have to send in the receipt to the Sheffield office so they know your application has been upgrade. I applied beginning of April non-priority, upgraded to priority beginning of May, and I just received my acceptance today. So, it put me in the same spot in the queue as if I'd applied priority straightaway.

However, isn't not advised to apply priority if you have previously been rejected?

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 01:31:23 AM »
I applied for priority retroactively the same way that you would apply priority normally, but you have to send in the receipt to the Sheffield office so they know your application has been upgrade. I applied beginning of April non-priority, upgraded to priority beginning of May, and I just received my acceptance today. So, it put me in the same spot in the queue as if I'd applied priority straightaway.

However, isn't not advised to apply priority if you have previously been rejected?

From what has been said, technically (edit) Sheffield does not advise it- because it can cause a delay thus making their timings for priority-visa turnarounds delayed.

However, there's nothing to stop someone from doing it. As such, it does not appear that anyone who was rejected and re-applied via priority has gotten an email saying "well we can't process your application as a priority because of your previous rejection." Or at least no one that I've seen on here.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 01:35:12 AM »

Thanks, I've actually been following your posts! Did you speak to anyone before upgrading or did you just go ahead and pay?

Someone here mentioned that it's not advised because the process takes longer, but you still get to jump the line. I'm debating if it's worth it. Even if I can make the process 2 weeks quicker, I would at this point. I was rejected because I completely goofed up and didn't send enough evidence to fulfill financial requirement especially because DH had been working less than 6 months at that point in the UK. Hopefully makes it a little bit more painless. We've been married 10 years and have two children, one of whom was born in the UK!
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 01:36:41 AM »
So just us three huh???  Well, good luck everyone!!!
Good luck to you too, and I love your username, one of my favorite songs!
Married December 8, 2007
-

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 01:45:26 AM »
AmericanMom, I'm in a similar situation.

I was rejected in January because we were missing one payslip and one bank statement was a copy cause my SO hadn't been working the full six months. And I understand the struggle :( Though without the kid aspect, which I can't imagine is too much fun.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 01:50:17 AM »
Thanks, I've actually been following your posts! Did you speak to anyone before upgrading or did you just go ahead and pay?

Someone here mentioned that it's not advised because the process takes longer, but you still get to jump the line. I'm debating if it's worth it. Even if I can make the process 2 weeks quicker, I would at this point. I was rejected because I completely goofed up and didn't send enough evidence to fulfill financial requirement especially because DH had been working less than 6 months at that point in the UK. Hopefully makes it a little bit more painless. We've been married 10 years and have two children, one of whom was born in the UK!

I called before I applied priority because the website says that you can't apply retroactively. But, the woman I spoke with at UKVI said that it wasn't a problem and to just mail in the receipt. I also had my husband hand deliver it in an address envelope just to make sure it arrived.

Since we applied priority so late, I was presently surprised at how easy and fast this was compared to the rest of the application process.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 02:50:50 AM »
I'm debating if it's worth it. Even if I can make the process 2 weeks quicker, I would at this point.

That was our reasoning for choosing priority even though we suspect our visa will take longer to process. We don't have any prior refusals, criminal convictions, or typical complications for a visa application, but we do have some extenuating/unusual circumstances. We figured that skipping a few weeks in line was worth it, even if the actual visa took longer to process. Since we got a confirmation email the same day as at least one or two others here (who are also priority), we can see whether we actually get priority timing or if our application lags behind (hope not!).

Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 210
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 02:53:04 AM »
P.S. For us, it came down to simple economics. We have to pay rent, utilities, food, gas, insurance, etc. etc. for two separate households while we wait for my visa. (I don't have family or friends to take me in locally.) So the cost for priority was worth it, even if it only meant saving a couple of weeks in the waiting line. If you have similar pressing circumstances, it may be worth it for you.
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 05:54:16 AM »
AmericanMom, I'm in a similar situation.

I was rejected in January because we were missing one payslip and one bank statement was a copy cause my SO hadn't been working the full six months. And I understand the struggle :( Though without the kid aspect, which I can't imagine is too much fun.

Uh-oh, we used one e-bank statement that we printed and didn't certify this time around. However, I sent in a letter from DH's employer, every single page of his contract, and pay slips plus corresponding bank statements (every single page in color!) for the past six months. From my rejection letter the two things I was missing were bank statements and a letter from his employer. If I had sent those in we would have been approved despite him not having had a job for six months.

I'm super bummed because we had planned a surprise vacation for the kids in July and it looks like we'll miss it. I didn't want to mess around my kid's school year but now I wish I had...this is just ridiculous.

Married December 8, 2007
-

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 05:56:39 AM »
P.S. For us, it came down to simple economics. We have to pay rent, utilities, food, gas, insurance, etc. etc. for two separate households while we wait for my visa. (I don't have family or friends to take me in locally.) So the cost for priority was worth it, even if it only meant saving a couple of weeks in the waiting line. If you have similar pressing circumstances, it may be worth it for you.

I'm lucky to be with my parents and I'm trying to reason it out like it's extra time my youngest will have with his grandparents - when will he ever get this much time with them again? I'm going to try and contact UKVI though and see if I can pay, kind of feeling like a bad mom for leaving one kid behind (although she's settling in and thank God for facetime!)
Married December 8, 2007
-

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 08:10:00 AM »

ksand24 mentioned that in your other thread. Just to let you know, because you've only just found us, you can believe everything she tells you. She is awesome!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:35:55 AM by larrabee »

Sponsored Links