Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 264330 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Non-priority March April May
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 08:15:20 AM »
I called before I applied priority because the website says that you can't apply retroactively.

I was trying to help AmericanMom in her other thread yesterday and I couldn't find the part on the VFS global website where it said that you can't apply retroactively. I did see it earlier when you were trying to upgrade. Can you remember where it was?
I was wondering if they had maybe removed that statement now.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 08:28:33 AM »
I was trying to help AmericanMom in her other thread yesterday and I couldn't find the part on the VFS global website where it said that you can't apply retroactively. I did see it earlier when you were trying to upgrade. Can you remember where it was?
I was wondering if they had maybe removed that statement now.

It's in the FAQs:

Can I purchase Priority Visa Service/Settlement Priority Visa Service if I have already submitted my application at the UKVI?

No, you cannot purchase the Priority Visa Service/Settlement Priority Visa service once you have submitted your application to the respective UKVI Consulate for processing.

See: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/frequently_asked_questions.html#1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 08:34:27 AM »
It's in the FAQs:

Can I purchase Priority Visa Service/Settlement Priority Visa Service if I have already submitted my application at the UKVI?

No, you cannot purchase the Priority Visa Service/Settlement Priority Visa service once you have submitted your application to the respective UKVI Consulate for processing.

See: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/frequently_asked_questions.html#1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!  ;D
 I had hoped they had changed it back to make things easier again for everyone who wishes they'd used priority in the first place!

• Liked: 253
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »
Uh-oh, we used one e-bank statement that we printed and didn't certify this time around. However, I sent in a letter from DH's employer, every single page of his contract, and pay slips plus corresponding bank statements (every single page in color!) for the past six months. From my rejection letter the two things I was missing were bank statements and a letter from his employer. If I had sent those in we would have been approved despite him not having had a job for six months.

I'm super bummed because we had planned a surprise vacation for the kids in July and it looks like we'll miss it. I didn't want to mess around my kid's school year but now I wish I had...this is just ridiculous.

I'm not sure how the e-statement will go, but I'm hoping for the best for you! And same. Basically, we just needed the two pieces of paper. I digress.

That stinks, but now we all are wiser for the experience.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 17
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »
Spouse visa non priority
Application finished: March 6
Biometrics: March 20
Shipped via VFS: March 27
Arrived in Sheffield: March 29
Confirmation email: March 31
Decision: Pending

• Liked: 75
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »
I called before I applied priority because the website says that you can't apply retroactively. But, the woman I spoke with at UKVI said that it wasn't a problem and to just mail in the receipt. I also had my husband hand deliver it in an address envelope just to make sure it arrived.

Since we applied priority so late, I was presently surprised at how easy and fast this was compared to the rest of the application process.

Do you happen to know the number you called? I can't seem to get through.
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »
Spouse visa non priority
Application finished: March 6
Biometrics: March 20
Shipped via VFS: March 27
Arrived in Sheffield: March 29
Confirmation email: March 31
Decision: Pending

Welcome!
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

• Liked: 24
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 04:36:21 PM »
Do you happen to know the number you called? I can't seem to get through.

I believe it was this one: 1 5866970792

It does charge you per minute :(

• Liked: 75
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »
I believe it was this one: 1 5866970792

It does charge you per minute :(
thank you, had DH call and they said we can't do the upgrade. They did mention that they're processing within 60 day - 92% of all applications and we could call back if we needed updates.
Married December 8, 2007
1st Application Submitted: February 8, 2017
1st Application Decision: February 16, 2017: (refused due to missing information)
-
2nd Online application submitted April 30, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK May 4, 2017
UPS Tracking Delivered to Sheffield May 8, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield May 15, 2017
Retroactive Upgrade to Priority*: June 2, 2017
Decision Made on Tracker: July 1, 2017
Decision Made Email: July 3, 2017

• Liked: 84
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »
AntoniaAllegra (or anyone who tried to upgrade to priority retroactively), when you did it, did the priority receipt say it was for settlement? And did you have to mail it in?

Thanks!
Documents sent 10 April
Received: 13 April
Decision email: 22 May

• Liked: 24
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 07:19:17 PM »
AntoniaAllegra (or anyone who tried to upgrade to priority retroactively), when you did it, did the priority receipt say it was for settlement? And did you have to mail it in?

Thanks!

After purchasing through user pay services, the receipt actually had a paragraph about visitor visas, which is confusing.

"The Home Office will expedite the processing of your visa application and return of your documents. Customers may request this service if they are applying for a visitor visa (excluding student visas) and have traveled without difficulty in the last five years to one of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or a Schengen country."

We sent a copy of the receipt to the same address we sent the original application to. My partner also dropped off a copy of the receipt in an addressed envelop to the Sheffield office.

• Liked: 84
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 07:43:22 PM »
Ah, okay, great.  I've decided to take a gamble and just do it - and when I was buying it, it had that same line about the visitor visa thing, so I was thrown off!

Well, it's been purchased.  $700 is big chunk of change, and even if it doesn't work, I've resigned myself to it.  Just won't be shopping for anything in the next month or so... :)
Documents sent 10 April
Received: 13 April
Decision email: 22 May

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 10:43:02 PM »
Let us know if you get any confirmation about if it works. I don't know if anyone else did, but I'd be interested to find out.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »
Ah, okay, great.  I've decided to take a gamble and just do it - and when I was buying it, it had that same line about the visitor visa thing, so I was thrown off!

Well, it's been purchased.  $700 is big chunk of change, and even if it doesn't work, I've resigned myself to it.  Just won't be shopping for anything in the next month or so... :)

Or the next 6 years, sadly. Two more visas, ILR, and then citizenship. :(
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 537
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 11:18:42 PM »
Or the next 6 years, sadly. Two more visas, ILR, and then citizenship. :(
It's only 5 years. You can apply for citizenship as soon as you have ILR.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab