Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 266401 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #3030 on: February 20, 2018, 10:36:04 AM »
Omg omg omg i just got my “decision made” email! Now anxiously awaiting for my documents back.

I am so nervous because I made some glaring mistakes in our application  :-\\\\

Yay!

Fingers crossed for you :).

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3031 on: February 20, 2018, 10:36:10 AM »
Omg omg omg i just got my “decision made” email! Now anxiously awaiting for my documents back.

Good luck! x  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3032 on: February 20, 2018, 02:05:01 PM »

Try not to worry (easier said than done).  And remember that about 95% of visa applications from the USA are approved.  :)

• Liked: 5
« Reply #3033 on: February 20, 2018, 02:48:45 PM »
I got the email too! We’ll both be holding our breaths for a couple days!
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa from USA (non priority)
Met husband: Jun 2005
Applied for and refused a UK fiance visa based on not enough time living together: Nov 2009
Got married: 11 Feb 2012
Online application: 14 Nov 2017
Biometrics: 24 Nov 2017
Application received email: 27 Nov 2017
Application mailed: 6 Dec 2017
Application received in Sheffield: 8 Dec 2017
Request for Appendix 2: 8 Dec 2017
Appendix 2 Emailed: 13 Dec 2017
Decision email received: 20 Feb 2018
Refusal received: 22 Feb 2018

• Liked: 59
« Reply #3034 on: February 20, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »
Oh my goodness, congrats and good luck to you all who got the decision email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

« Reply #3035 on: February 20, 2018, 04:12:08 PM »
I got the email too! We’ll both be holding our breaths for a couple days!

Yay!  :)

• Liked: 68
« Reply #3036 on: February 20, 2018, 04:42:00 PM »
I think this is the February flurry. I have my fingers crossed that I'll hear about a decision before the end of the week, but who knows. I sent the extra documentation last night... really hoping for an answer before the end of the week.
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

« Reply #3037 on: February 20, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »
I think this is the February flurry. I have my fingers crossed that I'll hear about a decision before the end of the week, but who knows. I sent the extra documentation last night... really hoping for an answer before the end of the week.

Fingers crossed that you do!  :)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3038 on: February 20, 2018, 05:54:52 PM »
Hi,

I have received an email today says that "The document bundle you provided in support of your UK visa application does not include an international courier account number or airway bill (AWB)". Unfortunately we are unable to dispatch your documents unless an international courier customer account number/AWB is supplied"

What does it mean? It means the Decision has been made and they could not dispatch because the AWB is missing?

Anyways I created the AWB from vfsglobal and sent to them. I am not sure when they are going to dispatch or it will get delayed?

I talked to my lawyer why he didnt keep the AWB. He said he kept return envelop cover and normally they would send in that. I dont want to take any chance and hence i created AWB and responded to them. Now the real wait begins! I hope the decision has been made.

Online application submitted:  17 Nov, 2017
Biometrics Done: 21 Nov 2017
Document sent to my lawyer in UK: 21 Nov 2017
Lawyer forwarded my documents to Home Office after verification: 27 Nov 2017
Documents Received at Home Office: 29 Nov 2017
Email from Sheffield that AWB is missing: Dec 4, 2017
Lawyer responded on: Dec 4 2017 and responded like "Return stamped Envelope was provided with lawyer's address"
Email ack: none
Decision made email: none
Email Response from Sheffield: Feb 20, 2018. Unable to Dispatch since the AWB is not available and asking us to provide AWB.
Responded with AWB: Feb 20, 2018
Documents Dispatched:
Passport Received:

• Liked: 68
« Reply #3039 on: February 20, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
Hi,

I have received an email today says that "The document bundle you provided in support of your UK visa application does not include an international courier account number or airway bill (AWB)". Unfortunately we are unable to dispatch your documents unless an international courier customer account number/AWB is supplied"

What does it mean? It means the Decision has been made and they could not dispatch because the AWB is missing?

Anyways I created the AWB from vfsglobal and sent to them. I am not sure when they are going to dispatch or it will get delayed?

I talked to my lawyer why he didnt keep the AWB. He said he kept return envelop cover and normally they would send in that. I dont want to take any chance and hence i created AWB and responded to them. Now the real wait begins! I hope the decision has been made.

Online application submitted:  17 Nov, 2017
Biometrics Done: 21 Nov 2017
Document sent to my lawyer in UK: 21 Nov 2017
Lawyer forwarded my documents to Home Office after verification: 27 Nov 2017
Documents Received at Home Office: 29 Nov 2017
Email from Sheffield that AWB is missing: Dec 4, 2017
Lawyer responded on: Dec 4 2017 and responded like "Return stamped Envelope was provided with lawyer's address"
Email ack: none
Decision made email: none
Email Response from Sheffield: Feb 20, 2018. Unable to Dispatch since the AWB is not available and asking us to provide AWB.
Responded with AWB: Feb 20, 2018
Documents Dispatched:
Passport Received:

I don't know if that means that a decision has been made or not, but it means at the minimum that someone has had their hands on your application and gone through all of the documents that you sent (which is a good thing).
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

« Reply #3040 on: February 20, 2018, 06:08:14 PM »
Hi,

Yeah, it means they have checked the package for the VFS shipping label back to the US and they couldn't find it, so they have asked you to send one to them so they can return your documents.

Since it has been a couple of months since you mailed the application, and they obviously didn't receive the shipping label when they first asked for it, I imagine they have now made a decision and are waiting on the shipping label from you so they can ship the package back.

They cannot return your visa or documents back to your lawyer in the UK - they have to ship everything back to your home address in the US... so it should really have been something for you to sort out anyway, back when they first asked for it in December.

I assume you've purchased the UPS shipping label from VFS Global for $141, and emailed it to them?

« Reply #3041 on: February 20, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »
I imagine they have now made a decision and are waiting on the shipping label from you so they can ship the package back.

In that case, I am so happy. I am also thinking that the decision has been made. fingers crossed for me!

They cannot return your visa or documents back to your lawyer in the UK - they have to ship everything back to your home address in the US... so it should really have been something for you to sort out anyway, back when they first asked for it in December.

I was telling the same thing to my lawyer. In fact I was pushing him to send AWB on that day itself. But he said AWB is not required. He filed couple of applications for people in US without AWB and it worked for them. He was receiving their documents from Home office. I had to believe him as he is my uncle's friend :(

I assume you've purchased the UPS shipping label from VFS Global for $141, and emailed it to them?

Yes. I purchased the same thing. Hope everything will go smooth now. Any idea how long it will take them to ship in this situation?

« Reply #3042 on: February 20, 2018, 06:24:47 PM »
I don't know if that means that a decision has been made or not, but it means at the minimum that someone has had their hands on your application and gone through all of the documents that you sent (which is a good thing).

Yeah not sure! I hope the decision has been made since I am completing 56 business days today. Fingers crossed for me!

« Reply #3043 on: February 20, 2018, 06:30:12 PM »
In that case, I am so happy. I am also thinking that the decision has been made. fingers crossed for me!

Yep, fingers crossed :).

Normally what happens is one (or both) of the following:

1) When the package arrives in Sheffield, they check it for a return shipping label and if it's not there, they email you to ask for one. When they receive it, it gets put with your documents in the line.

and/or

2) When they are processing the visa and are ready to make a decision, if they see there's no shipping label, they will email you to ask for it. When they receive the label they can then send out the Decision Made email and ship it back to you :).

I was telling the same thing to my lawyer. In fact I was pushing him to send AWB on that day itself. But he said AWB is not required. He filed couple of applications for people in US without AWB and it worked for them. He was receiving their documents from Home office. I had to believe him as he is my uncle's friend :(

I've been on the forum 11 years and I've only ever seen I think 2 instances (out of thousands) where the documents have been returned to the lawyer in the UK. However, I believe it was only the documents returned because the passport and visa cannot be delivered to a UK address (since you have to be outside the UK to apply).

One person's documents made it to their lawyer, but their passport and visa got 'mislaid' in Sheffield for a couple of extra weeks because there was no US address/shipping label to send it to. They had to contact Sheffield and ask them to find their passport.

Yes. I purchased the same thing. Hope everything will go smooth now. Any idea how long it will take them to ship in this situation?

Cool - that's pretty much your only option :).

Hopefully, if they have made a decision and are just waiting on the shipping label, it'll shipped in the next couple of days :). Fingers crossed you'll receive the decision made email shortly :).

Also, if you have the UPS tracking number from the shipping label, you can check it to see if the package has been picked up (UPS usually pick up the packages about 4pm UK time each day)

« Reply #3044 on: February 20, 2018, 07:13:26 PM »

I've been on the forum 11 years and I've only ever seen I think 2 instances (out of thousands) where the documents have been returned to the lawyer in the UK. However, I believe it was only the documents returned because the passport and visa cannot be delivered to a UK address (since you have to be outside the UK to apply).

One person's documents made it to their lawyer, but their passport and visa got 'mislaid' in Sheffield for a couple of extra weeks because there was no US address/shipping label to send it to. They had to contact Sheffield and ask them to find their passport.

Yes I know you all very well as I check this forum everyday. You guys are awesome! :)

Cool - that's pretty much your only option :).

Hopefully, if they have made a decision and are just waiting on the shipping label, it'll shipped in the next couple of days :). Fingers crossed you'll receive the decision made email shortly :).

Thanks so much! I wish luck to myself and everyone who waiting for the decision!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab