Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 265798 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #4350 on: November 05, 2019, 07:35:21 PM »
Am I the only person waiting for a Non-Priority Visa. We are trying to stay "normal" but each day gets harder and harder.

Here is our timeline:

Submitted online application: 06 Sept 2019
Biometrics appointment: 13 Sept 2019
Shipped documents to NYC: 16 Sept 2019
Documents received in NYC: 18 Sept 2019
Email that documents were received in Sheffield: 11 Oct 2019
Email that decision has been made:
Visa mailed:
Visa received:

Wish us luck. We hope to spend Christmas (and our 4 year anniversary) together!

Best of luck!  Hopefully you get your wish!  :)

• Liked: 424
« Reply #4351 on: November 05, 2019, 10:04:47 PM »
I know it’s hard, but stay strong! You are well within the time frame....been there, done that. It’s stressful and horrible, but if you submitted everything required, you will be approved and with your family where you belong.

• Liked: 19
« Reply #4352 on: November 07, 2019, 12:06:59 AM »
Am I the only person waiting for a Non-Priority Visa. We are trying to stay "normal" but each day gets harder and harder.

Here is our timeline:

Submitted online application: 06 Sept 2019
Biometrics appointment: 13 Sept 2019
Shipped documents to NYC: 16 Sept 2019
Documents received in NYC: 18 Sept 2019
Email that documents were received in Sheffield: 11 Oct 2019
Email that decision has been made:
Visa mailed:
Visa received:

Wish us luck. We hope to spend Christmas (and our 4 year anniversary) together!

I'm waiting, too! :) Today is WD 31 for me, and I'm hoping to be back in the UK to spend Christmas and my second wedding anniversary with my wife.

I know it's hard. I was relieved for about a week after I sent in my application and then went through about two full weeks of absolute panic and depression, just positive that we were going to be refused. I'm feeling better the last few days, and I'm trying to be patient and hopeful.

The good news is that I've seen two Americans on other boards get their approvals pretty early this week: one on WD 43 and the other on WD 44. Hopefully, our turn is coming very soon.

Hang in there!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #4353 on: November 07, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »
I'm waiting, too! :) Today is WD 31 for me, and I'm hoping to be back in the UK to spend Christmas and my second wedding anniversary with my wife.

I know it's hard. I was relieved for about a week after I sent in my application and then went through about two full weeks of absolute panic and depression, just positive that we were going to be refused. I'm feeling better the last few days, and I'm trying to be patient and hopeful.

The good news is that I've seen two Americans on other boards get their approvals pretty early this week: one on WD 43 and the other on WD 44. Hopefully, our turn is coming very soon.

Hang in there!

I went through the same thing. After we sent off the package I was feeling much better, then when we got the email saying it was being reviewed I felt happy that something was finally happening, but it's been a month since then so staying positive is getting harder and harder to do. Thank you so much for letting me know that others are getting it as quickly as 43-44 WD. Hopefully we will get an answer by Thanksgiving!

Stay positive, DetUK! It will happen for us! Hopefully sooner rather than later because waiting is a nightmare.

« Reply #4354 on: November 21, 2019, 02:33:17 PM »
I got my decision made email!!!

54 WD since biometrics appointment!

47 WD since my package arrived in NYC!!

We did overnight shipping so hopefully we know something by tomorrow!

« Reply #4355 on: November 21, 2019, 04:17:13 PM »
I got my decision made email!!!

54 WD since biometrics appointment!

47 WD since my package arrived in NYC!!

We did overnight shipping so hopefully we know something by tomorrow!

Hoorah!!!  :D. Fingers crossed! 

« Reply #4356 on: November 22, 2019, 02:07:48 PM »
So it has been over 24 hours since I got my email, and I am not able to track my UPS shipping label. Does this mean my passport has not been sent out yet or is this normal? We paid for overnight shipping so I was hoping I would get my passport back today.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4357 on: November 22, 2019, 02:44:04 PM »
So it has been over 24 hours since I got my email, and I am not able to track my UPS shipping label. Does this mean my passport has not been sent out yet or is this normal? We paid for overnight shipping so I was hoping I would get my passport back today.

That's normal - it can take up to a couple of days from receiving the email for them to issue the visa and mail it back to you.

Sheffield are the ones who make the decision and send the email, but your passport is in New York, so the people at the scanning hub in New York have to put the visa vignette into your passport and package the documents, and then UPS has to pick up the package from them... so how long it takes to be mailed will depend on how quickly New York get everything ready and when the courier makes their pick-up.

« Reply #4358 on: November 22, 2019, 02:50:53 PM »
Thank you! That makes me feel better. I hope we hear something soon. eeek!

« Reply #4359 on: November 22, 2019, 05:02:14 PM »
I got my Decision Made email this morning. No attachments (for those who care). I paid for UPS Next Day Air, but I don't know if it delivers on Saturdays and I haven't gotten any notice about it shipping back yet.

Timeline:

Standard
Online App: 9/20/19
Bio Appt: 9/24/19
Arrived in NY: 9/26/19
ECO email: 10/18/19
Decision Made email: 11/22/19

43 Working Days since Bio, 41 since package arrived in NY.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 05:04:19 PM by DetUK »

« Reply #4360 on: November 22, 2019, 06:03:04 PM »
I got my Decision Made email this morning.

Great news! Good luck!  :)

« Reply #4361 on: November 22, 2019, 06:16:14 PM »
I got my Decision Made email this morning. No attachments (for those who care). I paid for UPS Next Day Air, but I don't know if it delivers on Saturdays and I haven't gotten any notice about it shipping back yet.

Timeline:

Standard
Online App: 9/20/19
Bio Appt: 9/24/19
Arrived in NY: 9/26/19
ECO email: 10/18/19
Decision Made email: 11/22/19

43 Working Days since Bio, 41 since package arrived in NY.

Awesome! I am sure we will hear something soon. I am hoping the Thanksgiving holiday doesn't delay it. I have been checking UPS tracking non-stop to see if my package has been scanned. Nothing yet.

« Reply #4362 on: November 22, 2019, 07:01:19 PM »
Awesome! I am sure we will hear something soon. I am hoping the Thanksgiving holiday doesn't delay it. I have been checking UPS tracking non-stop to see if my package has been scanned. Nothing yet.

Good luck! I have no info on my package yet either. I hope it arrives no later than Tuesday since I paid for Next Day Air, but who knows?

My wife is arriving on Tuesday to celebrate Thanksgiving with me. I hope I have my visa in hand by then!

• Liked: 10
« Reply #4363 on: November 22, 2019, 09:20:55 PM »
We got our decision made email on Mon morning (UK time), paid for Next Day Air delivery and the UPS tracker only updated at around midnight on Wed (UK time). Not really sure what the hold up was since we know people who got their decision email later than us received their passport a day earlier, but just wanted to reassure you guys that it’s normal! Once UPS had the package it was delivered very close to their estimated delivery time :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4364 on: November 22, 2019, 09:31:24 PM »
We got our decision made email on Mon morning (UK time), paid for Next Day Air delivery and the UPS tracker only updated at around midnight on Wed (UK time). Not really sure what the hold up was since we know people who got their decision email later than us received their passport a day earlier, but just wanted to reassure you guys that it’s normal! Once UPS had the package it was delivered very close to their estimated delivery time :)

Yeah, it all just depends on how fast they can get each visa issued and picked up by UPS. Could just be something as simple as the person packaging up your documents having more visas in their pile to get through than the person who is packaging up someone else’s documents.

Remember, the timing on the shipping service you’ve paid for only starts once the courier has picked up the package from the scanning hub.

If it takes the scanning hub a few days to get the package ready to be picked up yet, then you’ll be waiting a few days for your passport.

Usually they’re pretty good at getting it ready within a day or so of the decision made email, but sometimes it can take longer.

For those who have just received their decision email today, I would allow until maybe middle of next week to get your passport back (but hopefully it will arrive sooner).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab