Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Latest Shows You've Started?  (Read 46448 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Latest Shows You've Started?
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2017, 04:44:57 PM »
American Vandal

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80117545

This has already been added to my list because it looks hilarious.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 533
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
It could be described as one 8 hour long sophomoric joke. But it really captures the surrealness of the High School experience.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »
It could be described as one 8 hour long sophomoric joke. But it really captures the surrealness of the High School experience.

I'm definitely okay with that.

There was one time I got blamed for drawing a dick on a mousepad in the computer lab in high school and it wasn't me. I was totalllyyy framed for it and I had to go to the vice principle's office and everything. I was like "yeahhh sure. It was me...Not one of the 10 dick-obsessed boys in that same room who have dicks doodled all over their stuff!". True story.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2018, 12:56:02 AM »
This post is because I just finished a series and needed to say something to someone about it...

Early last week I checked out Halt and Catch Fire on Amazon Prime.  All 4 series are available on Prime, so you can watch the whole thing without waiting.  By the end of it, I felt emotionally attached, so be prepared for that if you're susceptible.  Anyway, check it out.

And while I'm naming series I've enjoyed lately, Good Girls Revolt (Amazon Prime) is quite good, but only one series is out so far.

The Marvelous Ms. Maisel (Amazon Prime) surprised me, too.... again, just one series so far.

On Channel 4 (Hulu if you're in the US), The Handmaid's Tale was uncomfortably good, and I'm looking forward to the next series (25 April, according to Google, but that's probably the US Hulu release date... I don't know when we'll get it over here).

Over on Netflix, I enjoyed Alias Grace, even if it was a bit ... uh... weird.  And, of course, The Crown was very good.  I have not enjoyed Victoria quite as much because it seems a bit melodramatic, and the characters seem rather binary to me.  But if there's nothing else and you want to chill... *shrug*

And, finally, The Good Place is back!  There's a new episode Friday (January 26), and another on February 2.  That might be the end of series 2, I don't know.  But those two are showing up, and I'm looking forward to watching them... and I think the most recent episode available now is new...?  Anybody else know?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:09:44 AM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2018, 08:48:29 AM »

And, finally, The Good Place is back!  There's a new episode Friday (January 26), and another on February 2.  That might be the end of series 2, I don't know.  But those two are showing up, and I'm looking forward to watching them... and I think the most recent episode available now is new...?  Anybody else know?

There should be more than 2 out but those are the only two showing as unavailable. You are right in that it means there's only 2 episodes until the end of series 2. I'm gutted as I love that show SO much haha (Not sure what direction they will/can take with season 3 where it still works and works well.

Last week we marathoned through "End of the F***ing World". It was REALLY good. It's based on a graphic novel. Is channel 4 (or Netflix). I would say episode 1 & 2 are a bit slow/weird and might start to turn you off, but try to make it through to episode 3!!! Literally I wasn't sure I wanted to watch anymore UNTIL I hit episode 3 (as did my husband) and we were like OMG YES! ONE MORE EPISODE! They are quite short as well. We watched another show based on a Manga called Erased. That's on netflix. If you don't mind awkward dubbing and REALLY uncomfortable content, it was actually a pretty good show. We enjoyed it. I liked when the Japanese dub ended up being odd (like they all shouted CONGRATULATIONS! while clapping after singing happy birthday). It does get pretty messed up though so is probably not something the majority would enjoy.

Other than that, I've been watching animes I've already seen in the past and Friends since they were all added on Netflix. It makes for good background noise :) I'm WFH today so will see what I can pick that won't impact the hubster.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2018, 09:22:24 AM »
We've just gotten into Hunted on Channel 4.  Series 1 and 2 are On Demand right now and Series 3 is 3 episodes in.

It's a reality show. 

The premise is 10ish people are told that the clock has started and they are being hunted.  They are supposed to be on the run for 28 days.  Former MI5 agents are hunting them and using available technology to track their every move and catch them.  It's VERY eye opening into how much access into our lives the government has.  Within minutes, they have playbacks of the phone calls that people have made.  It's unbelievable.  I hate the hunters and am ALWAYS rooting for the person on the run.  As I'm sure is what everyone else is doing!   ;D

« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2018, 09:26:35 AM »
We've just gotten into Hunted on Channel 4.  Series 1 and 2 are On Demand right now and Series 3 is 3 episodes in.

It's a reality show. 

The premise is 10ish people are told that the clock has started and they are being hunted.  They are supposed to be on the run for 28 days.  Former MI5 agents are hunting them and using available technology to track their every move and catch them.  It's VERY eye opening into how much access into our lives the government has.  Within minutes, they have playbacks of the phone calls that people have made.  It's unbelievable.  I hate the hunters and am ALWAYS rooting for the person on the run.  As I'm sure is what everyone else is doing!   ;D

Oh! I've seen this! I was yelling at the people on the run when they were making rookie mistakes! haaha
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1892
Latest Shows You've Started?
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »
I'm definitely okay with that.

There was one time I got blamed for drawing a dick on a mousepad in the computer lab in high school and it wasn't me. I was totalllyyy framed for it and I had to go to the vice principle's office and everything. I was like "yeahhh sure. It was me...Not one of the 10 dick-obsessed boys in that same room who have dicks doodled all over their stuff!". True story.
Excellent post!  Did you offer to draw a dicks for them so they could compare styles?  I'd bet it's a lot like a signature, difficult to forge.

« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2018, 10:19:39 AM »
Excellent post!  Did you offer to draw a dicks for them so they could compare styles?  I'd bet it's a lot like a signature, difficult to forge.

I've finally watched it now and it was HILARIOUS. It highlights how it would be hard to forge a dick drawing! WHAT IF YOU FORGET THE BALL HAIRS?!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2018, 12:29:47 PM »

It's a reality show. 

Oooh, is that what it's about?  I had seen that it was really popular, but I knew nothing about it and didn't investigate.  I will check that out.  It'll make my spidey-sense paranoia about government intrusion go all tingly.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 116
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2018, 01:03:41 PM »
So The Good Place surprised me again. Looking forward to season 3.

Hunted is good. I dont like the two singer guys so i hope they get caught but normally i want the contestants to win.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2018, 05:37:58 PM »
So The Good Place surprised me again. Looking forward to season 3.

Hunted is good. I dont like the two singer guys so i hope they get caught but normally i want the contestants to win.
I just watched it last night too!

Oh, I love The Good Place. I don't want to wait for next season. Haha
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2018, 09:52:41 AM »
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH We won't get to watch the last episode until tonight!!

I AM please to see that you both can see this going into season 3 as I was afraid it was going to run out of ideas by the end of this season but I love it and did not want that to happen haha
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 537
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2018, 06:43:43 PM »
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH We won't get to watch the last episode until tonight!!

I AM please to see that you both can see this going into season 3 as I was afraid it was going to run out of ideas by the end of this season but I love it and did not want that to happen haha

Oh. People in America are obsessed! And the seasons have only been 13 episodes (right?) so I definitely see a 3rd in the future.That was no way to wrap up a final season! Haha. I won't say anymore. 😁
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2018, 09:17:21 AM »
Oh. People in America are obsessed! And the seasons have only been 13 episodes (right?) so I definitely see a 3rd in the future.That was no way to wrap up a final season! Haha. I won't say anymore. 😁

Are they?! I feel like I've had to tell all the people I knew in the US! I literally begged my sister to watch it and she was like mehh...I don't know...then watched it and LOVED it!

Finally watched it! I can definitely see now how they are leaving a season 3 open :D I am so excited!  It's soo good!

Last night we watched a movie on weird/funny names called The Strange Name Movie. I know I was suppose to learn about how to not giggle at people's names but yeah. That was excellent.

Trying to start watching Better Call Saul again as we never made it through season 2 or 3 (can't remember) but I end up just watching Friends or anime.... Oops. I keep adding things to my watch list and then never getting the time to watch them.
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab