Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Name the one place in London you'd go see.....  (Read 3488 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Name the one place in London you'd go see.....
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2004, 06:44:19 PM »
Maybe we need a whole separate "Cascode" thread, but as was said in another part of the forum earlier, you do give the impression that you are peeved off at people or deliberately trying to irk people.  Whether you mean to come across that way is another matter - if not, then maybe you could think a bit more about what you're saying and how you're saying it before you post.  Otherwise don't be surprised if people respond accordingly.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2004, 06:49:49 PM »
For me, I finally had had enough of Cascode's covert hostility and bitterness seeping through the posts (not just on this thread, but several others), that I commented.
The topic was about visiting London, and he managed to get in his very strong opinion of London, which was not asked for, as if it were about him, instead of simply giving a recommendation.
And lest I be pointed at for making it about me, I will not post further about this.
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• Banned

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2004, 06:59:08 PM »
Maybe we need a whole separate "Cascode" thread, but as was said in another part of the forum earlier, you do give the impression that you are peeved off at people or deliberately trying to irk people.  Whether you mean to come across that way is another matter - if not, then maybe you could think a bit more about what you're saying and how you're saying it before you post.  Otherwise don't be surprised if people respond accordingly.

Don't know how often I have to say this.
I not peeved, angry, or irritated. I am neither hostile nor bitter.
I don't try to irk anyone. I do think quite carefully about what I post.
But if y'all accuse of me of things I am not, wouldn't you expect me to attempt to correct those erroneous assumptions ?

• Banned

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2004, 07:01:36 PM »
For me, I finally had had enough of Cascode's covert hostility and bitterness seeping through the posts (not just on this thread, but several others), that I commented.
The topic was about visiting London, and he managed to get in his very strong opinion of London, which was not asked for, as if it were about him, instead of simply giving a recommendation.

I gave SEVERAL recommendations. You seem to have ignored that point..... ;)

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2004, 07:05:20 PM »
Sigh. Ok so you're not angry with anyone. Good. Perhaps you could preface all your posts with such a statement because it is not always obvious.

I really hope vnice logs on soon and tells us where she's been today!!

• Banned

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2004, 07:15:48 PM »
Sigh. Ok so you're not angry with anyone. Good. Perhaps you could preface all your posts with such a statement because it is not always obvious.

I really hope vnice logs on soon and tells us where she's been today!!

OK. Just to help me present my posts in a better way, please can you explain, as simply as possible, what makes y'all yjink I am angry. Give examples.

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2004, 07:19:12 PM »
GIVE ME STRENGTH!! I may be at home with a baby but even I have better things to do on a Saturday night than teach you the art of polite conversation.

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2004, 07:25:31 PM »

I gave SEVERAL recommendations. You seem to have ignored that point..... ;)

Yes, you gave them AFTER it was pointed out to you that you were not being helpful, and you gave them in a "I don't understand it myself but some American rubes seem to like these tourist traps" tone.

• Banned

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2004, 07:27:20 PM »
GIVE ME STRENGTH!! I may be at home with a baby but even I have better things to do on a Saturday night than teach you the art of polite conversation.

Fine.
You, and others criticise me.
Is it unreasonable for me to try to address that and correct the problems that I am accused of ?
As a simple example you mention polite conversation. I thought I had been polite. Show me where I was not if I wasn't.

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2004, 07:29:15 PM »
This seems to have got waaaaaaay off topic; I'm going to lock the thread overnight.
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2004, 06:20:39 AM »
This was turning into something of a bunfight last night - far, far off the original topic.  I'm keeping the thread closed at present as it's run its course with suggestions for London and the surrounding areaa. Please read nothing into the exact point at which it was closed except to note that it was just after we got back from the "Oriental Aroma" ;-). If Vnicepeeps (the original poster) wishes to add a report back I can gladly reopen it. A separate thread would be an equally welcome alternative.

I wrote (and deleted without posting) a number of further paragraphs during the night; not happy with how any of them panned out as I read them back.  There were subjects raised that are worthy of further discussion, but they're only indirectly linked to "Travel and Transport". I'll comment further elsewhere. On "Name the one place in London .....", thank you all for your suggestions - every one of them valued. There's just so much to do - from the Zoo to Dirty Dick's, from Walking on the South Bank to the museums, and from Brick Lane to Concerts .... a city I was brought up in, and I still love to go back from time to time.
-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

Sponsored Links