Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What's for dinner?  (Read 10776 times)

• Liked: 585
Re: What's for dinner?
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2017, 06:11:51 PM »
Sauchihill (SP?) Street

Sauchiehall.  ;)
I joined their list, but I didn't get an email!

« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »
I had fritto misto from the chippy (scallops, prawns, calamari & a small bit of monkfish tail).  Really good, but they were a bit heavy-handed with the salt.

I am now swigging pumpkin spice Baileys straight from the bottle. The single life suits me!

• Liked: 674
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2017, 07:34:56 PM »
Sauchiehall.  ;)
I joined their list, but I didn't get an email!

Hey, I was close! ;)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
I had fritto misto from the chippy (scallops, prawns, calamari & a small bit of monkfish tail).  Really good, but they were a bit heavy-handed with the salt.

I am now swigging pumpkin spice Baileys straight from the bottle. The single life suits me!
That sounds delicious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2017, 09:26:40 PM »
Hey, I was close! ;)

You were!
It means 'willow grove' or 'willow meadow'.
My man thinks he's being hilarious when he calls it 'sausage roll street'.  ::)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2017, 03:43:43 AM »
Lemon spaghetti with shrimp and zucchini sauteed in garlic and butter.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »
Prepped some Buffalo Chicken last night to have buffalo chicken lettuce wraps tonight. We bought a few good looking marinades at Sainsburys the other day and I didn't want what seems to happen often to happen this time (we buy these marinades/sauces and then they sit there until they are almost or already out of date and then they get binned all because we forgot they were were..)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 68
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2017, 04:15:44 PM »
Pork meatball kebabs with wholemeal pita and tzatziki sauce here. I can't wait for dinner tonight!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
Pork meatball kebabs with wholemeal pita and tzatziki sauce here. I can't wait for dinner tonight!

We make a similar dish but use big leaves of lettuce rather than the pita.  Our kids who normally won’t eat lettuce will eat this for some reason.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2017, 05:55:20 PM »
We make a similar dish but use big leaves of lettuce rather than the pita.  Our kids who normally won’t eat lettuce will eat this for some reason.

Actually, that sounds nice with just lettuce. Ours will be filled with lettuce and tomatoes too, but something about it just being in a "lettuce boat" brings it a bit of novelty - perhaps why they eat it like that!

« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2017, 06:45:14 PM »
All the food from the freezer.
 :\\\'( :\\\'( :\\\'( :\\\'( :\\\'(
 [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif]

I accidentally switched the bastarn freezer off at the bastarn mains when I was cleaning last night, and didn't realise it till just now. I feel like crying... pierogis, burritos, and a tub of home-made marshmallow ice cream, all ruined.  The ice cream is already liquid, so I'm just dumping it, but I need to cook all the rest of the stuff or bin it as well.

• Tea And A Butty
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2017, 08:37:26 PM »
Tacos should be on the menu weekly! ;)

It usually is, actually! I'm surrounded by Texans so there's no way I can stop it!  [smiley=laugh3.gif]

Prepped some Buffalo Chicken last night to have buffalo chicken lettuce wraps tonight. We bought a few good looking marinades at Sainsburys the other day and I didn't want what seems to happen often to happen this time (we buy these marinades/sauces and then they sit there until they are almost or already out of date and then they get binned all because we forgot they were were..)

Buffalo chicken is something I should, in theory, LOVE since I am a chicken head but every time I have had it, I have not enjoyed it. First time was at an Applebys and I thought it may have just been them but I tried them again and still nope! lol

J refuses to eat tacos.  Not because of the taste, that's yummy, but because they're 'messy'.  He's all British and eats pizza and burgers with a knife and fork.

My dad eats pizza and burgers with a knife and fork too. I don't. I also like cold pizza, which wife finds gross apparently. There's nothing like leftover cold pizza for breakfast I say! :P

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »
My dad eats pizza and burgers with a knife and fork too. I don't. I also like cold pizza, which wife finds gross apparently. There's nothing like leftover cold pizza for breakfast I say! :P

Cold pizza, to me, is objectively gross.  The concept of it is completely disgusting.  BUT if I can get over the hurdle and take a bite, I usually love it and devour the hell out of it.  Because it actually turns out to be really nom.  Gawd, what I wouldn't give for a leftover $5 Little Caesar's large pepperoni in my 'fridge.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2017, 09:45:23 PM »
It usually is, actually! I'm surrounded by Texans so there's no way I can stop it!  [smiley=laugh3.gif]

Buffalo chicken is something I should, in theory, LOVE since I am a chicken head but every time I have had it, I have not enjoyed it. First time was at an Applebys and I thought it may have just been them but I tried them again and still nope! lol

Do not use Appleby's as your baseline for buffalo chicken!!!

I'm a snob and make my own Buffalo sauce. :) (after living in Buffalo for 15 years I should know how)

Dinner tonight is gonna be simple, just chicken and rice cuz I had a really severe reaction to a chocolate covered apple at work :( (I think it's a corn allergy based on other recent bad ones where I couldn't figure out exactly what it was)

Tomorrow is gonna be an apple cider braised pork shoulder if I feel better. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 116
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »
Tuna steaks with a side of gnocchi with tomatoes and pesto.  It was so nice--my husband cooked the tuna steaks with lime and chili flakes and it really worked.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab