Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 314335 times)

• Liked: 26
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #1245 on: February 15, 2018, 08:37:28 PM »
@Lovepaperwork , we're on the same timeline! I hope we both get good news soon!

Any idea why the confirmation email was sent so far after the documents arrived? When do you count the Bd from?
Biometrics: Fri., Feb. 02, 2018
Documents Rcvd email: Wed., Feb. 07, 2018
Decision Made email: Fri., Mar. 16
Business Days: 28
Documents Received: Mon., Mar. 19
Decision: Approved!

• Liked: 39
« Reply #1246 on: February 15, 2018, 08:40:03 PM »
It was really nice he was able to come out. We hadn't seen each other since Thanksgiving.

They don't explain what isn't straight forward, other than their not straight forward email that is. Ugh.  We do have several factors, filing under the armed forces appendix, I'm moving with my 15 yr old son and I had a very minor pocession charge back in 1994, misdemeanor even. We gone over and over to try and figure it out.

He did contact the MP last week and he has been very responsive and has put in an inquiry. Apparently there is a special line for MPs. We basically have asked if he can find out what is the delay. No answer yet, but we are super hopeful. This process sucks.
Submitted Dec. 22, 2017
Biometrics and sent  Dec. 27, 2017
Received in Sheffield Dec. 29, 2017
Confirmation email Jan. 3, 2018
Application not straight forward email January 25, 2018
Decision email: March 29, 2018
Decision received: April 2, 2018
APPROVED!!!!!

• Liked: 22
« Reply #1247 on: February 15, 2018, 08:41:20 PM »
And to you as well! Where are you applying from? I miss my dogs so much.

@Lovepaperwork , we're on the same timeline! I hope we both get good news soon!
Met husband: April 2013
Married: June 2016
Applied Online: Jan. 16th 2018
Biometrics: Jan. 26th
Documents sent: Feb. 2nd
UPS tracking: received Feb. 5th
Confirmation email: Feb. 7th
Decision email: March 9th
Passport back: March 12th
Decision: Approval!!!

• Liked: 22
« Reply #1248 on: February 15, 2018, 08:45:05 PM »
I have a misdemeaner possession charge from 2009, so a lot more recent, but based on their rules about “spent” convictions, it shouldn’t be considered in my application. That said, I’m so weary that issue is what is going to need up making my application take ages.

I would think armed forces and families with children would be done faster than normal civilians. What a disruption for your son! I hope your MP can get things sorted soon. X

It was really nice he was able to come out. We hadn't seen each other since Thanksgiving.

They don't explain what isn't straight forward, other than their not straight forward email that is. Ugh.  We do have several factors, filing under the armed forces appendix, I'm moving with my 15 yr old son and I had a very minor pocession charge back in 1994, misdemeanor even. We gone over and over to try and figure it out.

He did contact the MP last week and he has been very responsive and has put in an inquiry. Apparently there is a special line for MPs. We basically have asked if he can find out what is the delay. No answer yet, but we are super hopeful. This process sucks.
Met husband: April 2013
Married: June 2016
Applied Online: Jan. 16th 2018
Biometrics: Jan. 26th
Documents sent: Feb. 2nd
UPS tracking: received Feb. 5th
Confirmation email: Feb. 7th
Decision email: March 9th
Passport back: March 12th
Decision: Approval!!!

« Reply #1249 on: February 15, 2018, 08:50:50 PM »
Well good to know I'm not the only one! Lol. I didn't include any paperwork on the pocession charge because it was over 20 years ago and I haven't had so much as a speeding ticket since. I didn't think it would matter. Now I'm worried that because I didn't it is causing problems. For my son I included the court order showing I have full parental responsibility for him and the parenting plan which references how he and his father will communicate after the move, not that his father bothers with him now. But both court documents reference the move so it shows both his father and the courts are aware. For the AF Appendix we had to fill out a second hand written application.
I really feel like they took one look at ours and thought "way to much" ad stuck it at the bottom of the pile. It's very fraustrating when people who applied after us are getting their approvals. We are happy for everyone but so incredibly fraustrated.
Submitted Dec. 22, 2017
APPROVED!!!!!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #1250 on: February 15, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »
We gone over and over to try and figure it out.

I really wouldn't spend any time thinking about it. The majority of people who have received the 'non-straightforward' email have a normal, straightforward application.

It is literally just a tactic to buy time so that they don't have to guarantee processing within 12 weeks and so that they don't have to include the processing time in their monthly statistics.

From an article published in October 2017, about spousal visas processed in Sheffield (http://www.mcgillandco.co.uk/Blog/2017/10/6/long-visa-delays-at-ukvis-sheffield-decision-making-centre):

This is resulting in more and more applications being piled on to Sheffield who are clearly struggling to cope.  Every single visa application I have seen that has gone to Sheffield in the last few months has received a response such as:

"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible."
(This is the standard line for all family-type applications for entry clearance, regardless of complexity).

and

These are just a sample of the type of messages emanating from Sheffield, all of which result in stress and anxiety for the clients who receive them, and a difficult job for their representatives trying to reassure them that something has not been done wrong or incorrectly on their part, it is simply a backside-covering exercise by UKVI.

It would be far more honest if UKVI simply said "We're sorry, we're awfully busy at the moment and it might take a long time to even look at your application, here's a number you can call for an update on how far along the queue your application is ... "

I'm not sure the MP can do anything because you are still within normal processing times for priority applications. By definition there has been no delay yet. You aren't supposed to contact the MP unless you have been waiting at least 12 weeks.

I would think armed forces and families with children would be done faster than normal civilians. What a disruption for your son! I hope your MP can get things sorted soon. X

It will literally make no difference at all. They won't even know that it is a military application until the day the decision is made anyway... while it is sitting in line (basically the entire processing time), all the applications are lumped together, with no way of knowing what type of application each one is.

« Reply #1251 on: February 15, 2018, 08:57:12 PM »
Denver, Colorado, US.
I have two cats I'll be bringing along. What a process! And the expense! Omg!

And to you as well! Where are you applying from? I miss my dogs so much.

« Reply #1252 on: February 15, 2018, 08:58:01 PM »
We thought couldn't hurt to see if the MP could find out the reason for the delay. Figured worst thing he would say is not yet, try again at 60 days. But he was willing to look into it and see if he could find out if there are any issues.
We did figure it was just a stall tactic. But how screwed up is it that they mess people around like this? Our lives are on hold basically until this comes through.

I'm fully aware that my emotions are running high because I just put him on a plane and I will likely be back to waiting as calmly as possible in a couple of days. I really appreciate being able to vent. Friends and family don't get the stress of waiting.
Submitted Dec. 22, 2017
APPROVED!!!!!

« Reply #1253 on: February 15, 2018, 09:00:48 PM »
@Jacks15. I'm in Aurora! Do you use Norwegian when you fly?
Submitted Dec. 22, 2017
APPROVED!!!!!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #1254 on: February 15, 2018, 09:02:59 PM »
I really feel like they took one look at ours and thought "way to much" ad stuck it at the bottom of the pile. It's very fraustrating when people who applied after us are getting their approvals. We are happy for everyone but so incredibly fraustrated.

Please, please, please stop worrying about this. It is not worth it. We checked your application documents and there was nothing missing. In fact, I'd bet anything that no one has even seen your application yet, let alone looked at your documents, and that it's still just sitting in the line, waiting to be picked up and looked at.

Everyone's application is different and it means absolutely nothing that other applications are getting processed before yours. That's just the way it works and it has nothing to do with anything, other than it being poor organisation on Sheffield's part.

I have applied for US visas at the Embassy in London where I have arrived early in the morning and sat there for 4-6 hours waiting, while everyone else around me gets seen within 2 hours and gets their visas approved and my number hasn't even been called yet.

The reason? I have a conviction, which means my application gets processed in a different pile to everyone else's and there's only one person is working through that pile, which takes the entire day. It's so disheartening to see someone who turned up 3 hours after me getting their visa and going home before I do, but there's nothing I can do about it.

« Reply #1255 on: February 15, 2018, 09:05:30 PM »
Thank you ksand24! I just needed to vent. As you clearly know this process is enough to drive someone to the other side of crazy!
Submitted Dec. 22, 2017
APPROVED!!!!!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1256 on: February 15, 2018, 09:34:21 PM »

So glad to hear that.  Hopefully he can give some insight soon.

• Liked: 33
« Reply #1257 on: February 15, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »
BD 32 for us and I just dropped my husband off at the airport so he can return home. I continue to wait for a decision. Today sucked. It gets more and more difficult to watch him leave.  :\\\'(

Southernbetty
I'm in a similar situation. I just said goodbye to my husband last Friday. Our timelines are quite similar too. We are on business day 34 and business day 18 since the not been straightforward email was received. I just finally calmed down emotionally since he left. I've been a sad wreck. I do hope we hear back soon along with everyone else who is waiting. Although it is so difficult, it gives me comfort finding this forum and knowing we are all on the same boat.  ::)

« Reply #1258 on: February 15, 2018, 09:43:25 PM »
@KFdancer I really hope he can supply some insight. It would just be nice to know.

@simonplead. Looks like we both sent our paperwork in on the 27th of December. I'm hoping we other hear soon! Please keep us posted!
Submitted Dec. 22, 2017
APPROVED!!!!!

« Reply #1259 on: February 15, 2018, 10:43:49 PM »
@southernbetty , that's wild! My British fiancé has family in Aurora and that's where I grew up.
We should grab coffee sometime!
I do fly Norwegian. Generally, I love them. You CANNOT beat a roundtrip ticket from Denver to London for $440.00!! It's only too bad they don't carry live cargo, otherwise my cats could fly with me whenever the visa comes through (fingers crossed!)

@Jacks15. I'm in Aurora! Do you use Norwegian when you fly?

Sponsored Links