Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 316040 times)

• Liked: 24
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #855 on: January 12, 2018, 02:06:41 PM »
I got my decision email!  I'm so anxious, I pray it's an approval!  Also today is my birthday so I'm hoping that's some extra luck!! ;)

Docs Received Email: 8 Jan
Decision Email: 12 Jan

Good luck! Mine is only 2 days after yours so I am hopeful to hear back soon! Fingers (and toes and eyes) crossed that its an approval! :)
SECOND APPLICATION- Spousal Visa:
Applied online:21 April 2018
Bio-metrics and Docs mailed: 01 May 2018
Arrived in Sheffield (via UPS): 08 May 2018
Email confirmation from Sheffield: 08 May 2018
Decision made: 15/06/2018
Docs returned: 17/06/2018
Decision: Approved

FLR(M)
Applied:16/02/2021
Biometrics: 16/03/2021
Decision made email: 18/03/2021
BRP received: 25/03/2021

ILR:
Life in the UK Test:27/03/2021 Passed
Application made: 12/06/2023
Biometrics - Std (free): 25/06/2023
Approval: 03/08/2023

• Liked: 4
« Reply #856 on: January 12, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »
Congrats to people who got their visas! I am still waiting since the 8th December. I'm confused as to why some of us have been waiting so long and others are hearing so quickly. It seems like a very unfair system. I know I'm a little different as my hubby is Costa Rican and we applied via the Colombia office but it seems a little unfair for those who are still waiting.

We actually found a number to call in Colombia and they told us we would hear within 15 working days. That was last Wednesday, so hopefully this month! I'm 28 weeks pregnant and decided to stay with my husband in Costa Rica in case I wasn't able to fly and in case his Visa took a while or was denied. I can fly up to 36 weeks, which of course I would prefer to fly sooner than later.

I hope all those that have been waiting for more than a month hear really soon! Good luck everyone!

Applied online:1st December 2018
Bio-metrics and Docs scanned in Panama City: 6th December
Arrived in Colombia: 8th December
Email confirmation from Colombia: 8th December
Decision made:
Docs returned:
Flight to UK:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:17:22 PM by Emilie »

• Liked: 77
« Reply #857 on: January 12, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
Congrats to people who got their visas! I am still waiting since the 8th December. I'm confused as to why some of us have been waiting so long and others are hearing so quickly. It seems like a very unfair system. I know I'm a little different as my hubby is Costa Rican and we applied via the Colombia office but it seems a little unfair for those who are still waiting.

We actually found a number to call in Colombia and they told us we would hear within 15 working days. That was last Wednesday, so hopefully this month! I'm 28 weeks pregnant and decided to stay with my husband in Costa Rica in case I wasn't able to fly and in case his Visa took a while or was denied. I can fly up to 36 weeks, which of course I would prefer to fly sooner than later.

I hope all those that have been waiting for more than a month hear really soon! Good luck everyone!

Decision made:
Docs returned:
Flight to UK:
Unfair indeed. And very unpredictable. Hope you hear soon!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Applied from Sin City, USA
Submitted online priority spouse visa Nov 2nd
Biometrics appointment completed Nov 6th
Package mailed to Sheffield Nov 6th
Received in Sheffield & e-mail received Nov 8th
Decision e-mail received Dec 5th
Approved or denied?    Approved!  Received Dec 7th

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #858 on: January 12, 2018, 02:38:21 PM »

Decision made:
Docs returned:
Flight to UK:

I hope it comes through in time for you. Good luck Emilie.

• Liked: 48
« Reply #859 on: January 12, 2018, 03:05:14 PM »
Whilst unreservedly pleased for those who are having their decisions come through so quick, I have to say it is somewhat annoying that those who applied earlier continue to wait!!

• Liked: 79
« Reply #860 on: January 12, 2018, 03:09:54 PM »
That's kinda the thing though .. it's why I asked how many applications each agent gets .. because if the time get a stack and only work on one at a time then they must have a pile of straightforward apps because getting a random pile there's no way they could go though so fast but maybe I'm wrong ...

Though I hope we all get quick responses
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

« Reply #861 on: January 12, 2018, 03:14:24 PM »
Yeah. I REALLY wish that they had one main pile and each ECO just picked the next one in line, from that one main chronological pile, when they were ready for another case!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #862 on: January 12, 2018, 03:15:03 PM »
That's kinda the thing though .. it's why I asked how many applications each agent gets .. because if the time get a stack and only work on one at a time then they must have a pile of straightforward apps because getting a random pile there's no way they could go though so fast but maybe I'm wrong ...

Though I hope we all get quick responses
There's no way for us to know how UKVI balances work flow without actually being employed there, and even then whistle-blowers are saying they are not giving any priority to spouse visas in favor of other more profitable visas that are easier to process. It seems they like to twist their numbers by processing a bunch received a few days earlier at random and then a flurry of older apps done within a week. Hopefully everyone waiting has their decisions soon!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #863 on: January 12, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »
There's no way for us to know how UKVI balances work flow without actually being employed there, and even then whistle-blowers are saying they are not giving any priority to spouse visas in favor of other more profitable visas that are easier to process.

See, for US applications, it can't be the case that they prioritise non-settlement visas because:

- Settlement visa applications (fiance, spouse, child dependant)  are processed in Sheffield, UK

- ALL other visa applications (student, work, visitor etc.) are processed in New York City, USA

So, it is physically impossible for Sheffield to give priority to non-settlement US applications over US settlement applications without all the Sheffield staff abandoning their office and flying to New York.

As far as I am aware, Sheffield is a hub for settlement visas, while other visa type are usually processed at application centres in other countries.

« Reply #864 on: January 12, 2018, 03:41:02 PM »
Am I correct in thinking that decision emails can come through over the weekend too? If so how does that work when it’s not a working day,or so I understand!

« Reply #865 on: January 12, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
Am I correct in thinking that decision emails can come through over the weekend too? If so how does that work when it’s not a working day,or so I understand!

Yes, they can literally come at any time. A combination of Sheffield working overtime at busy periods and a delay in the email arriving perhaps.

« Reply #866 on: January 12, 2018, 03:52:15 PM »
And one other if I may, my wife is applying with her dependant son under appendix armed forces as I’m serving in the Army. Would this be classed or processed in any way different than any other straightforward spouse application? In terms of time etc.

« Reply #867 on: January 12, 2018, 03:56:07 PM »
And one other if I may, my wife is applying with her dependant son under appendix armed forces as I’m serving in the Army. Would this be classed or processed in any way different than any other straightforward spouse application? In terms of time etc.

It shouldn’t make a difference, no.  :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #868 on: January 12, 2018, 04:05:21 PM »

Nope, not in any way.

The actual decision only takes 1-2 hours to make, and the rest of the processing time is your application sitting in line waiting to be picked up... and they won't know what type of visa it is until they pick it up and make the decision.

The only difference between an Armed Forces spousal visa and a regular spousal visa is the length of time the visa is granted for.

Regular spousal visa = valid for 33 months only

Armed Forces spousal visa = valid for 5 years, or until the end of the HM Forces member's length of service, whichever is shorter

• Liked: 7
« Reply #869 on: January 12, 2018, 05:21:13 PM »
Just got an email saying they’ve made a decision! I’m so nervous. It seems way too soon, and I’m worried that some of my documents (particularly the bank details) weren’t in the correct format  :-\\\\

Application submitted: Dec 21
Biometrics: Dec 29th
Documents Sent: Jan 2
Docs Arrive in Sheffield: Jan 8
Confirmation Email: Jan 9
Decision Email: Jan 12

I hope the fast processing means it was a straightforward yes rather than a straightforward no. Now more waiting and feeling incredibly anxious  :-\\\\ 

Sponsored Links