Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance visa refusal  (Read 18087 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Fiance visa refusal
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 06:10:46 PM »
I've been quiet as I don't know anything about the English requirements.

But I really hope you can speak with your fiance's MP Katie and see if they can speak with someone competent.  This seems like it *should* be able to be fixed without a lengthy and expensive appeal process.  But I am unfamiliar with the different stages of the appeal and if this could, in fact, be over turned very early on....

That’s what I’m hoping can be done... maybe the MP can pull some strings and get them to look at the application again without having to lodge an appeal.

In regards to appeal timings, I believe when you lodge an appeal, the application first goes back to Sheffield where it is reviewed again and a senior ECO/manager will determine whether they can overturn the refusal, or if it should go to tribunal.

If they overturn it, the visa will be issued at that point. They have a certain amount of time within which Sheffield must make this decision, however, I believe it’s either 8 weeks or 12 weeks... so it still could take about 3 months for this part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 06:38:44 PM »
That’s what I’m hoping can be done... maybe the MP can pull some strings and get them to look at the application again without having to lodge an appeal.

In regards to appeal timings, I believe when you lodge an appeal, the application first goes back to Sheffield where it is reviewed again and a senior ECO/manager will determine whether they can overturn the refusal, or if it should go to tribunal.

If they overturn it, the visa will be issued at that point. They have a certain amount of time within which Sheffield must make this decision, however, I believe it’s either 8 weeks or 12 weeks... so it still could take about 3 months for this part.

I would put money on 12 weeks, as that's usually the service standard target.   :-\\\\

• Liked: 46
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 10:29:36 AM »
Good morning everyone. First of all my fiance and I would like to thank you all for the support and recommendations. It is very very helpful.

I am still puzzled, what can be wrong with the test I submitted. But I can't find anything that ECO couldn't like.

1) we are sending a very big letter to MP tomorrow morning
2) I am thinking to place a complaint that the UKVI breached their Customer Charter by making mistake and inaccurate decision
3) Do you think it is worth sending a response to the email from which I received the rejection (Sheffield)?
4) Still wondering if I am going to get any documents from TLS Contact Paris? In my application status in TLS Contact, nothing changed.
5) Appeal just to erase this rejection from my file. Can we both appeal and make a new application based on the ground of marriage?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:55:27 AM by Katie_France »
Application#1(Fiance)
Bio-metrics Appointment and scan: 16th Nov
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 17th Nov
Decision Made E-Mail: 19th January 2018
43 business days, Rejection
Application #2 Spouse (from France)
Bio-metrics Appointment and docs scan 08 March 2018
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 05 April 2018
Decision made email from Visa center: 25 April 2018
32 business days

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 10:33:12 AM »
I would put money on 12 weeks, as that's usually the service standard target.   :-\\\\

I am sure it will be at least 12 weeks, taking into account what is happening
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »

The only hope is MP. IELTS can be only right or wrong, there is nothing else in the middle. I understand that mine is right. There is nothing ambiguous in IELTS, as it can be found in other documents, like relations approval and financial requirements approval.

My personal feeling - ECO decided to punish me after I started escalating my case
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 10:45:14 AM »

@Katie_France, whether you choose to appeal or reapply is up to you. There are drawbacks to both, only you can decide which is the least worst option. It really sucks for you, I hope you can get things sorted out ASAP.

Thanks, @historyenne . There are drawbacks for both... It is really unacceptable what they are doing with people's life...
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 10:54:05 AM »
I submitted the same IELTS Academic certificate as the first time and now am terrified for the outcome. The visa officers' incompetency is outrageous.

So sorry Katie_France for what happened! Be strong, my thoughts are with you.

@RussianLady, I have no words really about their incompetence, but in the very end, we are punished... I applied from Paris. Have you decided to apply with priority even after refusal? If we marry in USA, I don't know what to do - to apply with priority or not. On TLS Paris web site they do not recommend to buy priority if you had a visa rejection
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

• Liked: 3595
Fiance visa refusal
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 10:57:42 AM »
The only hope is MP. IELTS can be only right or wrong, there is nothing else in the middle. I understand that mine is right. There is nothing ambiguous in IELTS, as it can be found in other documents, like relations approval and financial requirements approval.

My personal feeling - ECO decided to punish me after I started escalating my case

I don’t think it’s anything about your certificate at all.

And it won’t be anything to do with escalation either... they aren’t allowed to use personal feelings or prejudice in the application. It’s a tick box visa... you either tick all the boxes and get the visa, or you don’t and the visa is refused.

It’s probably just the case of the ECO who had your application sadly not knowing what they were doing.

Since it is a tick box visa... and I bet what happened was that the tick box said:

“Does the applicant have IETLS Life Skills A1 or A2 from an approved test centre?”

And the ECO ticked NO because yours says IETLS General Training and not Life Skills....

... not realising that the General Training is C1 and shows a higher understanding of English than A1/A2 and so is perfectly acceptable.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 11:03:10 AM »
Good morning everyone. First of all my fiance and I would like to thank you all for the support and recommendations. It is very very helpful.

I am still puzzled, what can be wrong with the test I submitted. But I can't find anything that ECO couldn't like.

1) we are sending a very big letter to MP tomorrow morning
2) I am thinking to place a complaint that the UKVI breached their Customer Charter by making mistake and inaccurate decision
3) Do you think it is worth sending a response to the email from which I received the rejection (Sheffield)?
4) Still wondering if I am going to get any documents from TLS Contact Paris? In my application status in TLS Contact, nothing changed.
5) Appeal just to erase this rejection from my file. Can we both appeal and make a new application based on the ground of marriage?

Have your fiancé schedule to meet the MP in person, or by phone if in person can’t happen this week.  A letter or email is easily pushed aside.

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 11:06:38 AM »
Should I get anything from Tls? Because the status is the same.

Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 11:11:29 AM »

It’s probably just the case of the ECO who had your application sadly not knowing what they were doing.

I still can't believe that I am in this situation. The whole process has stunk and felt like we were being milked for money and provided with a substandard and traumatic service. One that if were delivered in the private sector, would be reported to trading standards authorities and investigated by Watchdog. For the amount of money we pay, the ECO should have minimum knowledge of Immigration Rules.
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

• Liked: 0
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 04:00:53 PM »
newcomer link: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?action=profile;u=24970 [nonactive] Have you decided to apply with priority even after refusal? If we marry in USA, I don't know what to do - to apply with priority or not. On TLS Paris web site they do not recommend to buy priority if you had a visa rejection
we decided for priority even though they don't recommend it after refusals. We figured out that if there is even a small chance to speed up this process we should use it. Priority does put your application in front of non priority. From others timelines i saw that non priority can take really long time
Settlement Unmarried Partner
Applied from: Moscow, Russia
Priority: Yes (for both)

1st application
Biometrics given: 17.07.2017
Decision Made Email: 01.10.2017
Received Passport: 02.10.2017
Decision: rejection - financial evidence were not accepted (savings only route)

2nd application:
Biometrics given: 03.11.2017
Documents mailed to UK: 04.11.2017
Documents received by Sheffield: 07.11.2017
Decision Made Email: waiting (on 7.12.2017 through payed email support service received an email that the decision was made)
Received Passport: waiting

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2018, 04:07:28 PM »
we decided for priority even though they don't recommend it after refusals. We figured out that if there is even a small chance to speed up this process we should use it. Priority does put your application in front of non priority. From others timelines i saw that non priority can take really long time

That's probably the right move. Although it may take a little longer to look into the refusal as you say, you'll be seen quicker in the first place.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 08:08:41 PM »
Should I get anything from Tls? Because the status is the same.
they should return the originals of your documents. But they can keep the originals of the documents in case you did not attach simple copies when sending documents to Sheffield. When we were applying first time it took them about a week to return the originals. This time our lawyer has already received the originals back even though we still don't know the decision..
Settlement Unmarried Partner
Applied from: Moscow, Russia
Priority: Yes (for both)

1st application
Biometrics given: 17.07.2017
Decision Made Email: 01.10.2017
Received Passport: 02.10.2017
Decision: rejection - financial evidence were not accepted (savings only route)

2nd application:
Biometrics given: 03.11.2017
Documents mailed to UK: 04.11.2017
Documents received by Sheffield: 07.11.2017
Decision Made Email: waiting (on 7.12.2017 through payed email support service received an email that the decision was made)
Received Passport: waiting

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »
they should return the originals of your documents. But they can keep the originals of the documents in case you did not attach simple copies when sending documents to Sheffield. When we were applying first time it took them about a week to return the originals. This time our lawyer has already received the originals back even though we still don't know the decision..
@RussianLady, I submitted my application in Paris, as soon as I live in France. In Paris they scanned my documents and returned originals immediately. I also paid for the service to keep my passport with me.

As soon as everyone here receives decision made email with no answer, that’s what I am wondering about? Why did they inform me by mail only and are they going to pass me the rejection through TLS Paris as well?

Also the appeal form wasn’t attached in the refusal letter

Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days