Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tired of Interviewing for Jobs  (Read 7357 times)

• Liked: 113
Re: Tired of Interviewing for Jobs
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »
Thanks evyf!

I was contacted by a recruiter a couple days ago for an entry level job 40 mins outside of Edinburgh. £22k + benefits. I turned it down because I felt rather insulted. I already have 15+ years experience in my field. But then I started questioning myself too if I was being too picky. It’s always easier to find a job while you’re employed. If a similar opportunity were to present itself should I take it just to get my foot in the door (in my industry)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 955
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »
Thanks evyf!

I was contacted by a recruiter a couple days ago for an entry level job 40 mins outside of Edinburgh. £22k + benefits. I turned it down because I felt rather insulted. I already have 15+ years experience in my field. But then I started questioning myself too if I was being too picky. It’s always easier to find a job while you’re employed. If a similar opportunity were to present itself should I take it just to get my foot in the door (in my industry)?

I would first look to see if there are any qualifications or online training you can do to get some more boxes checked on applications. Much like visas, employers here are too focused on pieces of paper and less on what you've done. But even a local coffee shop job could possibly help because it shows you're legally able to work here.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2018, 02:34:04 PM »
Thanks evyf!

Yes, I really think so if you can afford the salary hit.  Employers here are very focused on your last role.  Even if it's just a year or so, if they are your second employer then they don't have to be scared of visas and there's a local reference they can call.  You'll be an easier hire after that.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab