Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving abroad in the media...  (Read 2149 times)

• Liked: 533
Re: Moving abroad in the media...
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 04:30:10 PM »
Let's not forget The Curious Case of Jimbo and the Body Lice!
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 533
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 04:34:26 PM »
And the instructional The Many Uses of the Bidet.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2018, 06:04:02 PM »
Who can find Jimbo dresses up as a 7 foot dog and scares all the children? 

That's a classic

• Liked: 537
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 07:13:58 PM »
Because you must be a citizen automatically now, right?  ;D

Exactly!
If only...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2018, 08:06:55 PM »
Yes, and we have 'old timers' on here when you could seriously just show up at the airport and get your marriage visa for the UK on the spot.   

Back in the 80's, when it was getting toward the end of my 6 months, I used to get on a bus to Glasgow airport and go to the 'immigration desk' to get my visa extended.  For free.

• Moving to London area late 2019 - early 2020
    • Our band - Ockham's Razor
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2018, 06:43:15 PM »
I have a similar pet peeve when I see radio DJ's portrayed in movies/tv (having been a Dj at 3 radio stations over 12 years).  They always so the DJ or talk show host sitting in the studio talking to a caller on-the-air but they are not wearing headphones. You HAVE to wear headphones to hear everything that goes on because the studio itself has to be soundproof when the mic is on because otherwise if the callers voice was going over the speakers in the studio, the mic would pic THAT up as well and thats what causes feedback.

I know. Way too nerdy technical nit-picking and it doesn't look as good to have everyone with big ugly headphones on but... still annoying. I also went to school for video and film production so it annoys me when I see things like reflections of camera trucks in the sides of cars or the shadow of the camera helicopter on the side of the mountain during a car chase or continuity issues. haha

OK, see, I got too worked up over this. haha That's it, I'm moving to England now. Like.. NOW now. See you in 10 hours.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab