Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) First FLR questions  (Read 13531 times)

• Liked: 6116
Re: FLR(M) First FLR questions
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 05:50:29 PM »
Hi guys, we started the form today but need to get some info for some of the questions like about family and friends in the USA. Not sure of my wife's uncle's middle name, etc. I take it, so long as we don't breach the 28 day rule with our supporting paperwork, we can come back to this tomorrow or the day after without issue?

Yes, you can save as you go.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 05:51:50 PM »
Yes, you can save as you go.

Thanks you! :) That's a load off my mind.

• Liked: 35
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 08:01:30 PM »
Thomas1990.....The "US National Identity Card" is one of the new-ish schemes those "wonderful" (cough cough lol) reps in DC thought up a few years ago when there was the decision that any US citizen living in any state that bordered Canada but who was employed & travelled over the border to work in Canada need "something" to prove themselves.

They had a choice between getting a passport to show at the border everyday or getting an identity card.  I was born & raised in a Detroit suburb & had friends & knew people who drove the bridge everyday to work in Canada.  Never a problem then suddenly they're scrambling for identity besides a license.

If you check out the "get a" or "renew a" passport website you'll see it listed as an option (maybe a different name but I'm sure it says "card" in it).  I think it's just like a driving license with pic & all details.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »
Thomas1990.....The "US National Identity Card" is one of the new-ish schemes those "wonderful" (cough cough lol) reps in DC thought up a few years ago when there was the decision that any US citizen living in any state that bordered Canada but who was employed & travelled over the border to work in Canada need "something" to prove themselves.

They had a choice between getting a passport to show at the border everyday or getting an identity card.  I was born & raised in a Detroit suburb & had friends & knew people who drove the bridge everyday to work in Canada.  Never a problem then suddenly they're scrambling for identity besides a license.

If you check out the "get a" or "renew a" passport website you'll see it listed as an option (maybe a different name but I'm sure it says "card" in it).  I think it's just like a driving license with pic & all details.

Very interesting, thanks for this information. I never knew about that :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 04:28:34 PM »
Hi all, we are hoping to complete the online form today. I have heard rumors that the supporting documents have to be scanned now at a Sopra Steria Centre after completing the online form, is this true or can they be posted to UKVI? I am just a little confused  ???

The mention of Sopra seems to have been overlooked in replies so far, but it is really crucial for applicants now and in the future.  Taking all supporting documents to a 'digital processing centre' by applicants in the UK for uploading by staff for a fee is a whole new ball game.  I am trying to learn about it now, and i would like anybody's thoughts and opinions on this big change.  Here is a link - [/url]https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal[/url]   Hope that works.  By the way, supporting documents don't "have to be scanned at a Sopra Steria Centre", they can be scanned at home before attending the appointment, but on a domestic printer that might take hours !  The other big change seems to be that the Biometrics will be done at the new centres as well, but i am not 100% sure about any of it yet.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:34:43 PM by crazyatweekends »

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 04:35:15 PM »
The mention of Sopra seems to have been overlooked in replies so far, but it is really crucial for applicants now and in the future.  Taking all supporting documents to a 'digital processing centre' by applicants in the UK for uploading by staff for a fee is a whole new ball game.  I am tying to learn about it now, and i would like anybody's thoughts and opinions on this big change.  Here is a link - https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal   Hope that works.  By the way, supporting documents don't "have to be scanned at a Sopra Steria Centre", they can be scanned at home before attending to appointment, but on a domestic printer that might take hours !

My thought on that is that I'd rather spend the extra time and do it myself at home, knowing that it was done correctly, than trust it to anyone else!  :)

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 09:05:31 PM »
I hear there is still the option to post the printed form and supporting documents, does anyone know if this is true, or wishful thinking?

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 09:32:55 PM »
I hear there is still the option to post the printed form and supporting documents, does anyone know if this is true, or wishful thinking?

Yes, you can still apply by post. And that would save you the additional in person fee too.

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 09:47:53 PM »
Yes, you can still apply by post. And that would save you the additional in person fee too.
Oh perfect, good to know, thanks  :)

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 09:59:27 PM »
Could I just double-check, last time we worked out my income, we used 12 month's wage slips and included overtime, because I was below £18,600 base pay for some of the months until my pay went up. Now I have earned over this for six months, I believe this time we just go by the base salary. When working out the income, you take the gross income, this is before pension as well as tax, correct? I am just a bit concerned if six months is right for us because my "taxable pay" is just under £18,600 per year, but my Basic Pay (and Total Pay) is over £18,600 per year for every month in the last six months. My "Total" pay and Full Time Annual Salary on my wage slips is also over £18,600 per year (not including overtime etc) for the last six months. It's the pension that brings down taxable pay. However last time we used the "total" pay for every wage slip and it was approved.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 12:05:48 AM by Thomas1990 »

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »
Could I just double-check, last time we worked out my income, we used 12 month's wage slips and included overtime, because I was below £18,600 base pay for some of the months until my pay went up. Now I have earned over this for six months, I believe this time we just go by the base salary. When working out the income, you take the gross income, this is before pension as well as tax, correct? I am just a bit concerned if six months is right for us because my "taxable pay" is just under £18,600 per year, but my Basic Pay (and Total Pay) is over £18,600 per year for every month in the last six months. My "Total" pay and Full Time Annual Salary on my wage slips is also over £18,600 per year (not including overtime etc) for the last six months. It's the pension that brings down taxable pay. However last time we used the "total" pay for every wage slip and it was approved.

You use your total pay before any withholding.  You're good!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2019, 11:36:35 AM »
From what i've read recently no, it is not possible to use the paper form any longer, but i am no expert, just another sufferer!  It seems to me that the current state of play is that each applicant will only really know the Options available for their application when they reach the end of the online form.  At that point the various routes and levels of service can be chosen.  Anbody help with this who has recently been through it ?

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 11:40:08 AM »
My thought on that is that I'd rather spend the extra time and do it myself at home, knowing that it was done correctly, than trust it to anyone else!  :)
You would actually be there while the scanning is going on and there is no need to fear the process - i hope!  With copy-pages of all passports and piles of post and other documents, my printer/scanner would be running red hot for hours - and don't forget that with a poor internet connection uploading to their website would take for ever!

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 11:50:58 AM »
From what i've read recently no, it is not possible to use the paper form any longer, but i am no expert, just another sufferer!  It seems to me that the current state of play is that each applicant will only really know the Options available for their application when they reach the end of the online form.  At that point the various routes and levels of service can be chosen.  Anbody help with this who has recently been through it ?

There is no paper form anymore, but I believe you can still print your online form and post the documents to Sheffield, which is what was being asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 06:07:52 PM »
Thanks for the help guys, I feel much better. Does anyone have any ideas in regard to this:
Your family or friends
What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?
Please provide details of these family and friends, for example, their names, relationship to you and where they live.

I can't work out how much detail they want, do they want just the major family members and close friends? Not sure if they want addresses, or even just the State. There is a family member who my wife's family never speak to even though he is very closely related, however we're not even sure if he lives in the US any more, I suppose this can just be explained, we have 1000 characters to answer in.

Sponsored Links