Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - Deadline Query  (Read 1802 times)

• Liked: 0
ILR - Deadline Query
« on: August 26, 2019, 02:38:18 AM »
Evening all

I have a few queries regarding ILR and eligibility. My wife was issued a spousal visa VAF4A for 2.5 years, the:

- Date of issue was 4th Dec 2014
- Entered the UK 21st March 2015
- Renewed her Visa FLR(M), issue date 7th August 2018 (again for 2.5years)
- Expires 5th March 2020

The question I have is regarding when she can apply for ILR, when I read the set of guidance notes for Indefinite leave to remain from the HM Gov site (which can be found here - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/791067/Calculating-continuous-leave-v18.0.pdf [nofollow] )

There is a paragraph stating the following:

'The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period. Any absences between the date of issue and entry to the UK are considered an allowable absence. This period will count towards the 180 days allowable absence in the continuous 12-month period. The applicant does not need to provide evidence to demonstrate the reason for delayed entry.'

Now if I've read that correctly, that would mean technically she should be able to apply for ILR on the 4th December 2019. I presume technically she is also allowed to apply up to 28 days earlier, as there is a grace period for the officer in question looking at the application I believe too.

Can I also confirm that if and when she applies for Citizenship, as far as I have read she would of needed to be IN the UK for 5 years at least. So that would technically mean she can't apply for citizenship until 21st March 2020?

Finally, the first time she entered the UK 21st March 2015, she went through the Irish border transit, which meant she never got her passport stamped to state date of entry, however when we asked the UKBA they informed us that proof of the flight/a booking of my wife entering would be needed, can I confirm is there anything else that is missing in terms of evidence?

I realise this is a long post, apologies and thank you for reading!

Kind regards

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR - Deadline Query
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:30:33 AM »
Evening all

I have a few queries regarding ILR and eligibility. My wife was issued a spousal visa VAF4A for 2.5 years, the:

- Date of issue was 4th Dec 2014
- Entered the UK 21st March 2015
- Renewed her Visa FLR(M), issue date 7th August 2018 (again for 2.5years)
- Expires 5th March 2020

The question I have is regarding when she can apply for ILR, when I read the set of guidance notes for Indefinite leave to remain from the HM Gov site (which can be found here - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/791067/Calculating-continuous-leave-v18.0.pdf)

There is a paragraph stating the following:

'The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period. Any absences between the date of issue and entry to the UK are considered an allowable absence. This period will count towards the 180 days allowable absence in the continuous 12-month period. The applicant does not need to provide evidence to demonstrate the reason for delayed entry.'

Now if I've read that correctly, that would mean technically she should be able to apply for ILR on the 4th December 2019. I presume technically she is also allowed to apply up to 28 days earlier, as there is a grace period for the officer in question looking at the application I believe too.

Can I also confirm that if and when she applies for Citizenship, as far as I have read she would of needed to be IN the UK for 5 years at least. So that would technically mean she can't apply for citizenship until 21st March 2020?

Finally, the first time she entered the UK 21st March 2015, she went through the Irish border transit, which meant she never got her passport stamped to state date of entry, however when we asked the UKBA they informed us that proof of the flight/a booking of my wife entering would be needed, can I confirm is there anything else that is missing in terms of evidence?

I realise this is a long post, apologies and thank you for reading!

Kind regards

The document you linked to does not pertain to the spouse visa.

This section tells you which categories of leave are covered by this guidance. The following categories are covered by this guidance:
• representative of an overseas business (paragraph 150 of the Immigration Rules)
• UK ancestry (paragraph 192)
• retired person of independent means (paragraph 269)
• domestic workers in private households (paragraph 159G)
• the following sub-categories of the points-based system:
o Tier 2 (General) (paragraph 245HF)
o Tier 2 (Sportsperson) (paragraph 245HF)
o Tier 2 (Minister of religion) (paragraph 245HG)
o Tier 2 (Intra-company transfers) (ICT) granted under the rules in place
before 6 April 2010 (paragraph 245GF)
o Tier 5 (International agreement) – private servants in diplomatic households
granted entry under rules in place before 6 April 2012 only (paragraph 245
ZS)
• PBS dependent partners (paragraph 319E) and PBS dependent children
(paragraph 319J)
• Appendix W partners (paragraph 319E) and Appendix W children (paragraph
319J)
It covers the following routes which allow accelerated settlement:
• Innovator (Appendix W)
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) (paragraph 245DF)
• Tier 1 (Investor) (paragraph 245EF)
• Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) (paragraph 245BF)

The reason you have the shortfall in the time to ILR is because she delayed her entry to the UK by more than 3 months. However, because she can apply for ILR from 28 days before the date she entered the country, she will just have enough leeway and will not be required to apply for another FLR(M)

To be eligible for citizenship as the spouse of a UK citizen,  she must first hold ILR and also must have been physically present in the UK on the date exactly 3 years before the date of her citizenship application.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 06:36:27 AM »
Regarding the missing stamp, this is how you would prove without doubt when she entered the UK and it's why the initial entry should not have been  through the common travel area but if you don't have it, you don't have it. All you can do is submit what you have. The boarding pass would be better than the reservation as it proves she actually took the flight but provide both if you have them.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 10:47:55 AM »
Just adding (as a few people more recently weren't aware and had to resolve more last minute with pressure and stress) she also needs to pass the Life in the UK test prior to both if she hasn't already.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 11:17:53 PM »
Hi all

I just had 2 further questions to my original post regarding dates as applying for SET(M) is date sensitive. So as my wife entered the uk March 21st 2015, I make that March the 19th 2020, being exactly 5 years (as 2016 and 2020 were leap years). As her biometric expires on the 5th March 2020 the date range should be as follows as to when I can apply.

24th Feb 2020 - March 4th 2020 - Can someone else confirm this just to make sure a 2nd pair of eyes agrees or have I missed a day/week etc

The second question I have which is critically important is, when I start the online application, does that date count as the time of me applying OR
Is it when I submit the application? OR
Is it when my Biometric Appointment is (as I assume thats when I will be handing over supporting documents as well).

Can someone confirm? Would so for example should I at least start the online application now (but not submit the form or set a biometric date yet), and that wouldn't count as a application date. As I need to be in the window of 28days from the expiration of my biometric card which is 5th March :)

Thank you so much in advance!

Kind regards

• Liked: 3596
ILR - Deadline Query
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 11:30:31 PM »
Apologies, I misread your post.

Edited:

Hi all

I just had 2 further questions to my original post regarding dates as applying for SET(M) is date sensitive. So as my wife entered the uk March 21st 2015, I make that March the 19th 2020, being exactly 5 years (as 2016 and 2020 were leap years). As her biometric expires on the 5th March 2020 the date range should be as follows as to when I can apply.

24th Feb 2020 - March 4th 2020 - Can someone else confirm this just to make sure a 2nd pair of eyes agrees or have I missed a day/week etc

No, the 5 years is calculated by exact date.

If she entered 19th March 2015, then she reaches 5 years on 19th March 2020.

So, the absolute earliest date she can apply is 28 days before 19th March 2020, which is February 20th.

The latest she can apply is March 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:32:49 PM by ksand24 »

ILR - Deadline Query
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 11:34:43 PM »
The second question I have which is critically important is, when I start the online application, does that date count as the time of me applying OR
Is it when I submit the application? OR
Is it when my Biometric Appointment is (as I assume thats when I will be handing over supporting documents as well).

Can someone confirm? Would so for example should I at least start the online application now (but not submit the form or set a biometric date yet), and that wouldn't count as a application date. As I need to be in the window of 28days from the expiration of my biometric card which is 5th March :)

The application date is the date the online application is submitted.

So, she just has to submit the online application sometime between Feb 20th and March 5th.

Then she can attend biometrics at any date after that, even if the BRP has already expired.

All documents are now scanned and uploaded instead of being submitted in person. So, you can either upload them yourself at home or pay about £100 for a biometrics appointment where they will scan the documents for you.

Or you can also pay £800 for a premium appointment to get a 24-hour decision (though it sometimes takes longer than 24 hours).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 11:36:47 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »
Is there an expiration date on when I start the application form? As on the gov site it says I can save and come back later? The reason I ask is because I assume when I start the application, it would tell me what supporting documents I need, and I'd like to know in advance i.e. 3months as in some cases preparing all docs can take time due to companies/3rd party providers being slow.

Also the premium appointment, is that the same process though in terms of submitting an application online and submitting the supporting documents online? The only real difference is that they’ll come back with an answer within 24hours?

i.e. there is no change in the method of applying.

Kind regards
Kind regards

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »
I just had 2 further questions to my original post regarding dates as applying for SET(M) is date sensitive. So as my wife entered the uk March 21st 2015, I make that March the 19th 2020, being exactly 5 years (as 2016 and 2020 were leap years).

Apologies, I misread your post.

Edited:

No, the 5 years is calculated by exact date.

If she entered 19th March 2015, then she reaches 5 years on 19th March 2020.

So, the absolute earliest date she can apply is 28 days before 19th March 2020, which is February 20th.

The latest she can apply is March 5th.

Just to clarify, kfansa's wife entered on the 21st of March, so she will complete five years in the UK on 21 March, 2020.

Twenty-eight days before five years (and the first day she can apply) is 22 February 2020.

The latest she can apply is her BRP expiration date of 5 March 2020.  So her window is 22 February to 5 March, 2020.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 11:37:14 AM »

Just to clarify, kfansa's wife entered on the 21st of March, so she will complete five years in the UK on 21 March, 2020.

Twenty-eight days before five years (and the first day she can apply) is 22 February 2020.

The latest she can apply is her BRP expiration date of 5 March 2020.  So her window is 22 February to 5 March, 2020.

Thanks.

Oh, man - I'm really not reading posts properly at the moment... I read the wrong part of the post and saw the 19th date and not the 21st.

But then again, I also though it was 19th April and wrote a whole reply about how their visa would expire before they could apply for ILR... but then when I went back and checked it after posting, I realised it said March, not April and I had to rewrite the entire thing!

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 12:08:25 PM »
Is there an expiration date on when I start the application form? As on the gov site it says I can save and come back later? The reason I ask is because I assume when I start the application, it would tell me what supporting documents I need, and I'd like to know in advance i.e. 3months as in some cases preparing all docs can take time due to companies/3rd party providers being slow.

Also the premium appointment, is that the same process though in terms of submitting an application online and submitting the supporting documents online? The only real difference is that they’ll come back with an answer within 24hours?

i.e. there is no change in the method of applying.

Kind regards
Kind regards

You can start it at any time, it may expire eventually, I think I read at 6 months somewhere, but then you would just start another.

But.. do not rely on the online application to tell you which documents you need. From what we've heard here, it can and does leave out vital information sometimes. So you need to take the initiative based on what you already know from your prior applications. She will need the life in the UK test certificate in addition. Also, the financial evidence must be dated within 28 days of the date you submit the online application.

It's the same online form whether or not you choose premium.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 12:10:26 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 08:01:18 PM »
Hi Lara et all

I was going to ask, is there a good source of guidelines of what supporting documents I should provide, I did the FLR(M) previously so I know what you mean about providing everything, but I had guidance notes which were provided by the gov at least, and then used my own common sense n initiative to make sure no stone was unturned in terms of what they could ask for evidence, is there nothing similar for when applying for SET(M)?

Best I've found so far is this - https://www.indefiniteleavetoremain.online/set-m-document-checklist/ [nofollow]

Also you mentioned about my financial documents needing to be no longer than 28days from when I submit the application, I'm thinking to myself what exactly? As all the financial information I give are bank statements which are back-dated from 6months (from when I apply) and pay slips and so on...

- Do I really need to provide a 'housing report' of my accommodation? They need to know that the flat I live in is suffice, I didn't need to do that for my previous applications, before I provided a form which stated the attributes of the property when I originally bought it, I figured that would be enough, I don't need to bring in a chartered surveyor as proof surely :S

I'm just going to type my steps for the applying process here and tell me if I'm wrong please:

- Start the application form on gov site (slowly but sure fill in all the fields correctly etc)
- Will wait until say 24th/25th Feb and finally submit
- I'm assuming once submitted an option for the 'Biometric' appointment will come up for me to choose then?
- I'm also assuming that if I've opted for the premium option it won't give me a priority for a biometric appointment in the future but just for the answer.
- I go to the biometric appointment and provide my prints and so on, along with my supporting documents/online form (printed off) and they package all together and send it off to Immigration?
- Wait for an answer the next 2 working days (premium option + delivery)

Anything I've got wrong/missed off?

Hope you all had a great new years btw :)

Kind regards

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 08:31:00 AM »
Hi Lara et all

I was going to ask, is there a good source of guidelines of what supporting documents I should provide, I did the FLR(M) previously so I know what you mean about providing everything, but I had guidance notes which were provided by the gov at least, and then used my own common sense n initiative to make sure no stone was unturned in terms of what they could ask for evidence, is there nothing similar for when applying for SET(M)?

Best I've found so far is this - https://www.indefiniteleavetoremain.online/set-m-document-checklist/

Also you mentioned about my financial documents needing to be no longer than 28days from when I submit the application, I'm thinking to myself what exactly? As all the financial information I give are bank statements which are back-dated from 6months (from when I apply) and pay slips and so on...

- Do I really need to provide a 'housing report' of my accommodation? They need to know that the flat I live in is suffice, I didn't need to do that for my previous applications, before I provided a form which stated the attributes of the property when I originally bought it, I figured that would be enough, I don't need to bring in a chartered surveyor as proof surely :S

Unfortunately there is no one size fits all list as everyones situations are different. It's best if you come up with your own list, post it when you're ready and we'll let you know if you are missing anything or if there is anything which you can remove.
Think in terms of the requirements when you are making it.. so financial, accommodation and relationship. And because it's ILR the life in the UK test will be needed in addition.

The 28 days pertains to the most recent of each of the financial documents. So your most recent pay slip, bank statement and the employers letter.
It's explained here.https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence.

A housing report is not required unless you are living in a house of multiple occupation type situation (also one of the reasons it's best to stick with just the official guidance). 
If you own, you will need the land registry document and if you rent you will need the lease in both your names or the lease and a letter of permission from the landlord. They are now asking for the council tax bill too, for rented accommodation.

Re: ILR - Deadline Query - [UPDATED] - Evidence Checklist
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 01:51:20 PM »
Hi all, it’s getting close to d-day of submitting my application, I will be submitting my application either 26th/27th or 28th. That way I will be within the range of 5yrs -28days (applicants can apply 28 days before). What I wanted to cross by you experts is what evidence I have prepared / will be submitting. As you know most of the evidence will be submitted online via scanned images/documents of the evidence, and the hard copy (originals) that need to be handed when I go to my Biometric Appointment. I will mention all, please please anyone do let me know if you think I’ve missed a piece of evidence off.

Physical evidence to provide at the appointment:

Old passport (which shows the stamp I received in transit in Dublin 21st March 2015, amongst other trips)
New passport
Current Biometric ID card
Spouse’s Passport
Daughters British passport (she is a British citizenship so there are no dependants in this application, however I believed this would strengthen the case to them)
Spousal consent form (Partner’s relationship declaration)

Submitted evidence online:

Accommodation:

Land registry documents - Stating the previous owner and then my spouse who owns it with the date and address visibly shown.
Mortgage statements - Clearly showing my husbands name, account, mortgage amount going out and so on.
Service charge statement - My husband owns the property but still pays service charge and we receive those statements (thought I’d include the as further proof)

Financial proof:

Backstory, my husband started a new job in Nov 2019, so therefore that means he will need to provide 12months worth of payslips from the submitted date of the application, so my husband won’t receive his Feb payslip in time, so it’ll be:

Jan 2020 - Feb 2019 payslips (shows my name/address, NIN amongst other things)
12 Bank statements showing the money entering on the specified day shown on the 12 payslips each month
3 P60’s (2017/18/19)
2 reference letters showing that he was employed by his previous company, showing the type of job, my title, the salary, the period & then his current company. (1 for previous employer, 1 for his current employer)

Proof of Entry in the UK:

Not sure if some of you are aware, but if you travelled from USA to the UK via Dublin (transit) you would not need to go through border control at Heathrow airport. We confirmed at the time with the UKBA officer and they advised me to retain my boarding cards/booking information of my flight into the UK as proof when applying for ILR. So the following evidence to prove when I entered into the UK is:

Old passport (Stamped in Dublin showing 21st March 2015)
2 boarding tickets, one from Chicago -> Dublin the other Dublin -> London
Booking confirmation of the flight details

Proof of English requirement:

Masters degree which was awarded by Westminster University last year.

Proof of Marriage:

Marriage certificate stating our names, the date and so on.

I did have one question around this, because if I scan this document it will show up in the background as ‘VOID’ all across the document because obviously it’s not meant to be photocopied, yet they won’t be asking me to submit it physically so I’m not sure what to do here?

Proof of Correspondence (i.e. where I’ve been living for the past 2.5 years):

Joint address:

Joint savers account - clearly shows both our names and it’s an annual statement summary so it’s from 2019 Jan - 2020 Jan
Joint invoice receipts/billing of nursery fees, which shows both our names and our address 3 statements Nov, Dec 2019 and Jan 2020.
Council tax annual summary lettered to us both, only our names are abbreviated with the First letter but the same address so it should be fine too 2019-2020

We only have 3 joint proof of address/living documents so we have the following proof per person:

Myself:

Driving License (received this in 2019)
Main Bank statement (Jan 2020)
Daughters Birth Certificate (which states the address of the mother i.e me, she was born in 2018 Sept so it’s within the 2.5 year range)
Solo savers bank account (Dec 2019)
Payslips from my job (Nov, Dec 2019 and Jan 2020) showing my name and address,NiN etc.
Letter from my GP surgery following an appointment I had over my eyes, states my name and address (2019)
HMRC tax refund (2019)
Pension account summary (2019)

Spouse:

Main bank statements (any month in 2019 or Jan 2020, they are the same statements I’ll be using to show financial proof of the payslips)
Gas bill (2019)
Water bill (2019)
Payslips (2019/2020)
HMRC tax refund notification (2019)

I think that is more than enough to provide, none the less I’ve added in more just incase one of you state that this evidence is not valid as proof etc….

Life in the UK test:

This is part of the application itself, where you enter the ID in the application form, however I have the letter showing my pass physically and can also upload it if they ask.

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK:

Cover letter (in this letter I have mentioned my husbands name and my own, given a back story to how we met and how our relationship advanced, mentioned regarding my partners financial status along with the accommodation and our future plans etc…)

If you feel there is something I need to mention by all means let me know.

Other:

Other things I’m aware about is there is no need now to provide passport photos of myself or my spouse, think they changed this in 2018 November? Anyway thought I’d mention it just to make sure I’ve not missed a requirement.

I appreciate anyone and particular the experts for looking at this checklist of documents preparation I’ve done, it’s just me being super cautious and wanting to make sure I have done the due diligence. As mentioned previously in this topic, we also calculated our the time of submitting application can not be earlier than 22nd of March, we will be applying for the 27th or 28th of Feb most probably, with super priority and any other added expense to advance the biometric appointment.

If we do apply on the 27th of Feb or 28th Feb this would mean she has sufficed the 5 years in the UK MINUS 28 days, (it’s explained in a post by jfKimberly above) which I was excited really grateful for :3

Anything I’ve missed and I mean ANYTHING guys please state don’t mind how small it is.

Thank you once again

Kind regards

Re: ILR - Deadline Query - [UPDATED] - Evidence Checklist
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 02:24:54 PM »
Physical evidence to provide at the appointment:

Old passport (which shows the stamp I received in transit in Dublin 21st March 2015, amongst other trips)
New passport
Current Biometric ID card
Spouse’s Passport
Daughters British passport (she is a British citizenship so there are no dependants in this application, however I believed this would strengthen the case to them)
Spousal consent form (Partner’s relationship declaration)

All of this must be uploaded online before you attend the appointment.

Some of them are uploaded in the Application documents section (your passports, your BRP,  applicant's declaration, sponsor's declaration) and some in the Other section (sponsor's passport, marriage certificate, daughter's documents).

It won't just strengthen the application, it's mandatory.

For ALL children you and your partner have, either together or from previous relationships, you MUST provide:
- their passport
- their birth certificate
- a letter dated in the last 3 months confirming their address (usually obtained from their school or GP).

Accommodation:

Land registry documents - Stating the previous owner and then my spouse who owns it with the date and address visibly shown.
Mortgage statements - Clearly showing my husbands name, account, mortgage amount going out and so on.
Service charge statement - My husband owns the property but still pays service charge and we receive those statements (thought I’d include the as further proof)

For accommodation you need to send:
- Land Registry document
- Latest mortgage statement
- Latest council tax bill

Financial proof:

Backstory, my husband started a new job in Nov 2019, so therefore that means he will need to provide 12months worth of payslips from the submitted date of the application, so my husband won’t receive his Feb payslip in time, so it’ll be:

Jan 2020 - Feb 2019 payslips (shows my name/address, NIN amongst other things)
12 Bank statements showing the money entering on the specified day shown on the 12 payslips each month
3 P60’s (2017/18/19)
2 reference letters showing that he was employed by his previous company, showing the type of job, my title, the salary, the period & then his current company. (1 for previous employer, 1 for his current employer)

You DO need to send:
- 12 FULL MONTHS of payslips (usually 13 payslips to show you are covering all 365 days)... so you will likely need to send January 2019 as well
- 12 FULL MONTHS of bank statements (usually 13 months are sent to make sure you cover all 365 days)... so you will likely need to send January 2019 to mid-Feb 2020 (or whatever you need to show the January payslip deposit)
- employer letter confirming current employment, and authenticating every payslip (if payslips have been printed from online)
- current job contract
- 2019 P60

You MUST make sure that the latest payslip, bank statement and employer letter are dated NO EARLIER than 28 days before you submit the online application.

You DO NOT need to send:
- 2017 or 2018 P60s
- reference letters from past employers

Proof of English requirement:

Masters degree which was awarded by Westminster University last year.

If you are a US citizen, you do not need to send anything at all for this, because you are exempt from meeting the English Language Requirement.

Your US passport will show you are exempt.

Proof of Marriage:

Marriage certificate stating our names, the date and so on.

I did have one question around this, because if I scan this document it will show up in the background as ‘VOID’ all across the document because obviously it’s not meant to be photocopied, yet they won’t be asking me to submit it physically so I’m not sure what to do here?

Just scan it and don't worry about it. There's nothing you can do.

You can always take it to your appointment as well so it can be rescanned if they question it.

Proof of Correspondence (i.e. where I’ve been living for the past 2.5 years):
Joint address:

Joint savers account - clearly shows both our names and it’s an annual statement summary so it’s from 2019 Jan - 2020 Jan
Joint invoice receipts/billing of nursery fees, which shows both our names and our address 3 statements Nov, Dec 2019 and Jan 2020.
Council tax annual summary lettered to us both, only our names are abbreviated with the First letter but the same address so it should be fine too 2019-2020

We only have 3 joint proof of address/living documents so we have the following proof per person:

Myself:

Driving License (received this in 2019)
Main Bank statement (Jan 2020)
Daughters Birth Certificate (which states the address of the mother i.e me, she was born in 2018 Sept so it’s within the 2.5 year range)
Solo savers bank account (Dec 2019)
Payslips from my job (Nov, Dec 2019 and Jan 2020) showing my name and address,NiN etc.
Letter from my GP surgery following an appointment I had over my eyes, states my name and address (2019)
HMRC tax refund (2019)
Pension account summary (2019)

Spouse:

Main bank statements (any month in 2019 or Jan 2020, they are the same statements I’ll be using to show financial proof of the payslips)
Gas bill (2019)
Water bill (2019)
Payslips (2019/2020)
HMRC tax refund notification (2019)

I think that is more than enough to provide, none the less I’ve added in more just incase one of you state that this evidence is not valid as proof etc….

Okay, you need to organise all this into 5-month spacing, between August 2017 and February 2020, and then pick 1 document in each name (either joint or individual) from each of the required months. You need at least 3 different sources (bank statements, bills, letters from government agencies etc.).

If you are applying in Feb 2020, then you need documents from each of the following months:
August 2017
January 2018
June 2018
November 2018
April 2019
September 2019
Optional extra: February 2020

From the documents you listed above, you have nothing at all from 2017 or 2018, and you don't mention which months in 2019/2020 any of your documents are dated, so unfortunately, when I try to work out what you can use for each required month, I have nothing:

August 2017
1. Applicant: ?
1. Sponsor: ?

January 2018
2. Applicant: ?
2. Sponsor: ?

June 2018
3. Applicant: ?
3. Sponsor: ?

November 2018
4. Applicant: ?
4. Sponsor: ?

April 2019
5. Applicant: ?
5. Sponsor: ?

September 2019
6. Applicant: ?
6. Sponsor: ?

Optional extra: February 2020
7. Applicant: ?
7. Sponsor: ?

Suitable documents you can use for this are:
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

Life in the UK test:

This is part of the application itself, where you enter the ID in the application form, however I have the letter showing my pass physically and can also upload it if they ask.

I'd probably just scan it anyway before your appointment - I imagine it goes in the Application Documents section.

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK:

Cover letter (in this letter I have mentioned my husbands name and my own, given a back story to how we met and how our relationship advanced, mentioned regarding my partners financial status along with the accommodation and our future plans etc…)

If you feel there is something I need to mention by all means let me know.

You do not need to write a cover letter and you should not be including any kind of backstory to your relationship, finances, accommodation or future plans... that is only required for the initial spousal visa, when you are still living abroad.

For this part of the application they are trying to find out what ties you have to the US vs. the UK and whether or not, if your visa was refused, you would have strong reasons for HAVING to stay in the UK, because your life would be in danger or you would not have the means to survive if you had to return to the US.

So, reasons to stay in the UK would be things like:
- your UK citizen daughter whose life would be severely disrupted if you had to return to the US without her
- your personal safety... i.e. your life would be in danger due to war, terrorism, famine or natural disasters if you had to return to the US
- your ties, or lack of, to the US... i.e. if you had no living family members or support system in the US and so staying in the UK would be your only option because you would end up homeless and penniless if your visa was refused and you had to go back

Other:

Other things I’m aware about is there is no need now to provide passport photos of myself or my spouse, think they changed this in 2018 November? Anyway thought I’d mention it just to make sure I’ve not missed a requirement.

Nope, passport photos are not required.

This section is used to upload:
- marriage certificate
- sponsor's passport
- your daughter's birth certificate
- you daughter's passport
- letter confirming daughter's address
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:28:03 PM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab