Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!  (Read 2725 times)

• Liked: 768
Re: FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 12:01:28 PM »
Hi forum,
I received a letter today requesting additional info on my application, specifically to provide proof that both my children live at home with me and my partner. This can be in the form of a letter from our surgery, nursery, health visitor, etc. I think I vaguely recall seeing other posts on this, but this requirement definitely wasn't on the application checklist and I don't remember seeing it in the guidance notes.  I'm still slightly paranoid since my application seems to be handled differently from others, so I'm just wondering if this really is a requirement and I just missed it? We will of course provide the info ASAP.
Thank you,
ChiK

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yes, it is a requirement.  And it is in the guidance and would have been on the checklist based on the answers you provided. You would have had to hit the I agree to provide this information button while going through that section.

The positive is they are providing you the opportunity to provide the information.

• Liked: 32
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 12:15:24 PM »
Thank you for the reassurance. This whole process is still beyond stressful.

Btw, I did look back at the checklist and it's not there. I did have to agree to provide evidence of when my child's other parent live on the checklist, but not where my kids live. I just mention for the benefit of anyone else reading this.

Thank you again for responding!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2020, 12:31:14 PM »
Thank you for the reassurance. This whole process is still beyond stressful.

Btw, I did look back at the checklist and it's not there. I did have to agree to provide evidence of when my child's other parent live on the checklist, but not where my kids live. I just mention for the benefit of anyone else reading this.

Thank you again for responding!

How old are your kids?

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2020, 12:50:15 PM »
2.5 and 4 months. They are both british citizens so they are not applying with me on the application. (Which is why I thought it was odd that I needed to prove that they live with me.)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2020, 12:54:37 PM »
2.5 and 4 months. They are both british citizens so they are not applying with me on the application. (Which is why I thought it was odd that I needed to prove that they live with me.)

It's been a requirement that you prove where they live for about 2 years now - before the online application was introduced - by way of a letter addressed to them/confirming their address, dated in the last 3 months (usually from their GP or school if they are school-age).

Unfortunately, the online application isn't  very well designed and doesn't always list all the documents you actually need to send (and also sometimes it lists extra documents you don't need to send). Pretty sure with the paper form, it wasn't a requirement to prove where the other parent lives, but apparently the online form asks for that now... yet it doesn't always ask for the more important proof of where the child lives!

The good thing is that they have contacted you to ask you to provide it :).

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 01:09:27 PM »
Yes, agree with you both, that luckily they are requesting the extra info (and that the system is badly designed!).

Thanks again.
K

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 01:29:16 PM »
It's been a requirement that you prove where they live for about 2 years now - before the online application was introduced - by way of a letter addressed to them/confirming their address, dated in the last 3 months (usually from their GP or school if they are school-age).

Unfortunately, the online application isn't  very well designed and doesn't always list all the documents you actually need to send (and also sometimes it lists extra documents you don't need to send). Pretty sure with the paper form, it wasn't a requirement to prove where the other parent lives, but apparently the online form asks for that now... yet it doesn't always ask for the more important proof of where the child lives!

Longer than that, I'm sure.  I had to provide it for ILR and I've been a citizen for over 2 years (so my ILR would have been a good bit before).  Sorry it caught you by surprise ChiKristin.  Absolutely nothing to worry about.  :D

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 04:28:50 PM »
Longer than that, I'm sure.  I had to provide it for ILR and I've been a citizen for over 2 years (so my ILR would have been a good bit before).  Sorry it caught you by surprise ChiKristin.  Absolutely nothing to worry about.  :D

Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly - I remembered you had to provide it for your ILR but couldn't remember how long ago that was.

• Liked: 404
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2020, 06:16:42 PM »

noting this Ksand -
I am doing my FLR(M) application right now - (checklist on another thread) - there is/was no requirement to provide evidence of our children living with us.  Should I get the school to write a letter and include it ?

Matt
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:26:49 PM by mbmoffat »
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 01:15:44 AM »
noting this Ksand -
I am doing my FLR(M) application right now - (checklist on another thread) - there is/was no requirement to provide evidence of our children living with us.  Should I get the school to write a letter and include it ?

Matt

I would, just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 92
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2020, 10:58:09 PM »

Wow not great. I have 3 kids with British dad / my spouse/ sponsor therefore citizens and they didn’t ask for any mail addressed to them anywhere on the application or checklist for me either. I gave copies of birth certificates as they asked, and copied in their passport photo page from UK passport but that’s all. Well, hope they ask me for mail because I had bunches of it saved up, just never knew it was required. Wait and see I guess. 😕
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

• Liked: 248
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2020, 07:24:29 PM »
Our biometric appointment is on Thursday (priority appointment).

I've listed the documents on the Forum and got the OK - so hit the apply button.

Ours should be fairly straightforward.  We are using savings, have no children, own our own house.  We have bought the confirmation of our house from the Land Registry  I also have the electronic print out of the deeds.  The deeds and the Land Registry document doesn't state how big the house is (that is it big enough to accommodate us).  I am slightly panicking over this as for our spousal visa they came back and asked us for a property report.  At that time I owned a flat in the UK and submitted the original deeds so it came as a surprise that they wanted more (this was not an application in the USA).

I will list the documents on a covering page to go with the application (they are scanning at the appointment)

As sponsor, do I need to write a letter?

If they do need more information - will they give us time for this?

Can you hear the panic in my voice?

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2020, 07:27:29 PM »
Wow not great. I have 3 kids with British dad / my spouse/ sponsor therefore citizens and they didn’t ask for any mail addressed to them anywhere on the application or checklist for me either. I gave copies of birth certificates as they asked, and copied in their passport photo page from UK passport but that’s all. Well, hope they ask me for mail because I had bunches of it saved up, just never knew it was required. Wait and see I guess.
They will surely ask if it's required. Try not to worry. (Easier said than done, I know!!!)

FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2020, 07:40:48 PM »
Our biometric appointment is on Thursday (priority appointment).

I've listed the documents on the Forum and got the OK - so hit the apply button.

Ours should be fairly straightforward.  We are using savings, have no children, own our own house.  We have bought the confirmation of our house from the Land Registry  I also have the electronic print out of the deeds.  The deeds and the Land Registry document doesn't state how big the house is (that is it big enough to accommodate us).  I am slightly panicking over this as for our spousal visa they came back and asked us for a property report.  At that time I owned a flat in the UK and submitted the original deeds so it came as a surprise that they wanted more (this was not an application in the USA).

I will list the documents on a covering page to go with the application (they are scanning at the appointment)

As sponsor, do I need to write a letter?

You do not need proof of number of rooms or a property inspection report. I’m surprised they asked you for one last time, as I’ve never heard of that happening before, but it may have been because you were applying from a different country.

You do not need to write a sponsor letter.

I don’t think you will need a covering letter either, but you can include it if you want.

If they do need more information - will they give us time for this?

No idea.

Can you hear the panic in my voice?

Don’t panic :). I’m sure you have nothing to worry about.

Just post a list of everything you are including here and we can check it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 404
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2020, 07:52:05 PM »
They will surely ask if it's required. Try not to worry. (Easier said than done, I know!!!)

Firstly Hi ChiKristin, I think I remember you from the applications 2.5 years ago?
So KSand - my brother got asked for a property report on his initial spouse visa.  His wife is Canadian.  No idea what triggered this.  not the postcode because he was staying in is a great area so not that. I am wondering if it is a random check.

Also everyone else... we all worry about this process disproportionately. Yes it is a really important process and the batch of people doing the FLR(M) now are those who were initially applying during that summer when the massive delays hit so we there's definitely a Pavlovian response .

However I bet KSand or Larrabee will be able to tell us ballpark how many FLR(M)s get approved. I guarantee it is close to 100% ... this is a binary process, if you satisfy the requirements you will be approved. 

Having this forum and these awesome experts guide us is invaluable  -  don't worry - it will happen!

Matt

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 08:04:36 PM by mbmoffat »
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab