Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!  (Read 2723 times)

• Liked: 248
Re: FLR(m) panic - reassurance needed!
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2020, 07:59:28 PM »
Thankyou everyone for the reassurance.

It has been said so many times - but this Forum is wonderful and has helped so many people.

Only another two and a half years to go!!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2020, 08:21:20 PM »
So KSand - my brother got asked for a property report on his initial spouse visa.  His wife is Canadian.  No idea what triggered this.  not the postcode because he was staying in is a great area so not that. I am wondering if it is a random check.

Normally a property inspection report is only required if the property is an HMO, where there are different people/families renting individual rooms in the same property.

So, if your brother was living in a house-share or flat-share at the time, he would have needed a property inspection report, but if he owned his own house or flat, or he was the sole tenant in a rented house or flat, he shouldn’t have needed one.

However I bet KSand or Larrabee will be able to tell us ballpark how many FLR(M)s get approved. I guarantee it is close to 100% ... this is a binary process, if you satisfy the requirements you will be approved.

As per the quarterly statistics released by UKVI, the approval rate for FLR(M) is about 95%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 404
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2020, 08:25:11 PM »
Normally a property inspection report is only required if the property is an HMO, where there are different people/families renting individual rooms in the same property.
So, if your brother was living in a house-share or flat-share at the time, he would have needed a property inspection report, but if he owned his own house or flat, or he was the sole tenant in a rented house or flat, he shouldn’t have needed one.

Ah yes - the mist clears - his own place was tenanted so during the initial application he was staying with our parents.
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

• Liked: 32
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2020, 08:52:50 PM »

Firstly Hi ChiKristin, I think I remember you from the applications 2.5 years ago?

Having this forum and these awesome experts guide us is invaluable  -  don't worry - it will happen!

Matt

<waves hello!>

Gosh, I was so green 2.5 years ago.  (Now I'm just tired.) Yes, I had a lot of help from this lovely bunch when I first applied. It's nice to see so many familiar names, and to know I'm in good hands and good company!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 248
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2020, 09:04:11 PM »
We were living and working in Saudi Arabia and our application for a Spousal Visa was processed in Riyadh and they insisted that we needed the property inspection report.  Of course it had to be on paper and not electronic.  They gave us ten days to get it done and to them.  Luckily a friend of mine was a Chartered Building Surveyor and he couriered it out to me. 

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2020, 09:47:46 PM »
We were living and working in Saudi Arabia and our application for a Spousal Visa was processed in Riyadh and they insisted that we needed the property inspection report.  Of course it had to be on paper and not electronic.  They gave us ten days to get it done and to them.  Luckily a friend of mine was a Chartered Building Surveyor and he couriered it out to me.

Ah, yeah, i couldn’t remember which country you applied from but i had a feeling it was out Middle East way. I imagine Saudi is considered a higher risk country for UK immigration, and they will likely scrutinise visa applications more thoroughly than in other countries (in some countries they require an in-person interview) and that’s probably why they asked for a property inspection report.

If the application had been lodged in the US, you would not have been asked to provide one.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2020, 10:22:41 PM »

<waves hello!>

Gosh, I was so green 2.5 years ago.  (Now I'm just tired.) Yes, I had a lot of help from this lovely bunch when I first applied. It's nice to see so many familiar names, and to know I'm in good hands and good company!!

I've been following all the FLR(M) threads because I'm right behind you. It's nice to see a few of us are still here. :)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »
Sooo, our GP surgery will not provide a letter.  They say they are there to provide healthcare, not letters for visa purposes. My youngest son is 4 months old so he is not registered with a nursery or dentist.  Health visitor office said to contact the surgery.

Any other suggestions? The home office letter I received said if we cant provide the requested info we need to explain why. I can of course say that no one will give us a letter, but that seems fishy and I'd like it to be our last resort.

Thanks, as always.

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2020, 07:36:12 PM »
Hmm, that’s annoying - surgeries will usually provide letters if you pay for them.

What about requesting a copy of his NHS number from the GP? Will they send/give you a letter with that information?

Or what about the hospital where he was born? Do they have a record of his/your address that they could confirm in a letter?

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2020, 08:00:10 PM »
Hmm, that’s annoying - surgeries will usually provide letters if you pay for them.

What about requesting a copy of his NHS number from the GP? Will they send/give you a letter with that information?

Or what about the hospital where he was born? Do they have a record of his/your address that they could confirm in a letter?

Requesting a copy of his NHS number might work. I'll try that. Do you think we just need something official with his name and address on it? I think we have his confirmation letter when we registered with the surgery. (He was born at home, so no hospital to request from.)

Our nursery is being a little funny about this too for our older son. Do you think including our most recent invoice would suffice?  I'm on them to give me a letter but I'm getting the run around there too.

• Liked: 404
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2020, 08:05:32 PM »
Sooo, our GP surgery will not provide a letter.  They say they are there to provide healthcare, not letters for visa purposes. My youngest son is 4 months old so he is not registered with a nursery or dentist.  Health visitor office said to contact the surgery.

Any other suggestions? The home office letter I received said if we cant provide the requested info we need to explain why. I can of course say that no one will give us a letter, but that seems fishy and I'd like it to be our last resort.

Hi ChiK -

You have a 2.5year old and a 4 month old so I'm guessing you're in the zone of sleep-deprived Mummy with the most demanding combination of toddler and newborn possible. The simplest tasks are a mission and you are like to worry dis-proportionately...

So let's figure this out...

Some ideas - I'm sure KSand and Larrabee will have an opinion:

1) I had a friend/neighbour who is a Magistrate write a letter confirming our kids live with us. Do you know someone who is in a position of authority - teacher etc who could do it - my thinking was to use someone along the lines of the people who can sign the back of a passport photo?
2) Another possibility if all else fails is write a letter explaining and take it to a solicitor who will stamp it as a statutary declaration. They will charge £5 (+ £2 per exhibit).  This is governed by the Statutory Declaration Law of 1835  - Intentionally making a false statement as a statutory declaration is a crime equivalent to perjury, and punishable by fines and/or a prison sentence of up to four years.
3) or as you mentioned requesting their NHS number is a great idea.

I honestly feel that if you show best efforts and intentions they will accept it (Ksand/ Larrabee?)

Hang in there and don't worry!!

Matt

p.s. the NHS worker who denied you this is a dick. As a Brit, Brits with this kind of attitude suck.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:08:46 PM by mbmoffat »
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2020, 08:11:51 PM »

p.s. the NHS worker who denied you this is a dick. As a Brit, Brits with this kind of attitude suck.

I agree!  I'd try again and look for someone else to ask. Go in person if you didn't the last time.

I also think the letter from the person of authority is a great idea, Matt.

All I could come up with was opening a savings account or buying premium bonds or the like for the child, I know this is not useful in this case though, were time is of the essence.

• Liked: 70
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2020, 08:31:47 PM »
You can (and possibly should: http://www.child-smile.org.uk/parents-and-carers/childsmile-at-the-dentist.aspx ) register your little one with a dentist even though it might be a while before they get a good set of gnashers! I had similar trouble with my old GP about getting a letter, but the dental practice was more than happy to provide one :)

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2020, 08:13:15 PM »
Thank you everyone, for your kind words of understanding, quick replies, and helpful suggestions.

My older son's nursery assures me they will give a letter tomorrow.  I have a dated letter for my younger son when we registered him with our GP. I am also pursuing a letter from our health visitor just in case. And we will get the dentist sorted, too.

We escalated the letter request to the head doctor at our surgery, adding additional context and asking for an exception. He has treated both of my kids, I've spoken with him directly a number of times, and felt like he would be reasonable about providing this. But alas, no - he had the same person call me back and tell me they would not do it. (This after in person request yesterday.)

TBH I'm incredibly frustrated with the surgery over this, and I'm considering changing practices over this. I might be overreacting, and Matt's right- I'm definitely tired! But it also feels very much like they just dont care, and I'm not sure I want that from our healthcare provider.

Rant over. Thanks again, everyone.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2020, 08:26:19 PM »

We escalated the letter request to the head doctor at our surgery, adding additional context and asking for an exception. He has treated both of my kids, I've spoken with him directly a number of times, and felt like he would be reasonable about providing this. But alas, no - he had the same person call me back and tell me they would not do it. (This after in person request yesterday.)

TBH I'm incredibly frustrated with the surgery over this, and I'm considering changing practices over this. I might be overreacting, and Matt's right- I'm definitely tired! But it also feels very much like they just dont care, and I'm not sure I want that from our healthcare provider.

Rant over. Thanks again, everyone.

That is so strange. Do they also object to writing sick notes or fit for work reports? I mean, those are not direct healthcare either, but an integral part of the job.
My practice has a price list in the waiting room for all of these little extra paperwork things, non NHS travel injections etc.

My first reaction too would have been to leave the surgery.. but before taking any such action make sure to do your research just to make sure you are not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Ultimately, it does matter that the medical care you sign up for is the best available.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab