Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics  (Read 47156 times)

• Liked: 19
Re: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics
« Reply #285 on: September 30, 2020, 06:00:37 PM »
I've had this email sent from the home office.

Due to the volume of correspondence we may be unable to locate your application without this reference and your correspondence may be returned to you.

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

In line with Government advice on essential travel, social distancing and other restrictions related to COVID-19, for the safety of our customers and our staff, the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) locations where you would ordinarily submit your biometric details and provide any documents for scanning that you have not already uploaded yourself have been closed.
Some centres are now opening with limited capacity so you may now be able to get an appointment it is important you attend if an appointment is offered.

Alternatively, you may have already attended an appointment and submitted your biometric details. If this is the case, no further action is required.

If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work/study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Slightly getting nervous because I never received this email. My timeline is:

Submitted ILR application: June 26, 2020
Received email saying I qualify for the app: July 23 2020
Submitted all docs via UKVCAS site: July 29 2020
Received invitation to use app: Aug 28 2020
Submitted biometrics info via IDV app: Aug 29 2020

I understand I very much fall within the date range of people still awaiting decisions, but seems like nearly everyone has received the generic email mentioned in previous comments. Maybe this is just me worrying because all of this is incredibly stressful and the silence from the home office is deafening.

I swear I check this thread five times a day in hopes someone who used the app for their biometrics has received a decision email.

« Reply #286 on: September 30, 2020, 06:30:37 PM »
I submitted my ILR 18th of May, and submitted biometrics via the IDV app 28th of August and I've had no communication from the home office whatsoever. Just looking at other immigration boards, I've seen several people get decisions that applied/submitted after me, so I don't think they are going in date order. My app is very straightforward, so I'm not sure what to think really.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It doesn't cost a thing to treat others with kindness.

« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2020, 06:33:49 PM »

I swear I check this thread five times a day in hopes someone who used the app for their biometrics has received a decision email.

I saw at least one person who has gotten a decision after using the app, they applied in April I think. That was on either reddit or a Facebook group. I think they were either FLR or naturalisation. It just seems to be moving soo slowly!

• Liked: 70
« Reply #288 on: September 30, 2020, 06:38:54 PM »
I saw at least one person who has gotten a decision after using the app, they applied in April I think. That was on either reddit or a Facebook group. I think they were either FLR or naturalisation. It just seems to be moving soo slowly!

Yes, I've seen a couple move through on reddit for ILR via the app but the vast majority have no movement. We've also had nothing since the final IDV app submission at the end of August. Trying our best not to think about it, really! :)

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2020, 07:10:01 PM »
When we were waiting I always used to tell myself, ignorance is bliss!  :)

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2020, 07:11:43 PM »
I also relied on the old faithful, no news is good news quite a lot!  ;D

« Reply #291 on: September 30, 2020, 07:31:41 PM »
Yes, I've seen a couple move through on reddit for ILR via the app but the vast majority have no movement. We've also had nothing since the final IDV app submission at the end of August. Trying our best not to think about it, really! :)
Well I've just checked reddit and have seen several people now who've had decisions, applied/submitted via Idv app. All of them applied sort of june/July, and one or 2 are ILR and the rest are other types of visas. So they are definitely not processing these in date order, which is a bit annoying. Its going on 6 months for me now.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #292 on: September 30, 2020, 08:04:08 PM »
Which subreddit are you guys following for this news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »
Which subreddit are you guys following for this news?

r/ukvisa. There's a thread for applications made inside the UK, and a separate thread for those made outside the UK.

• Liked: 85
« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2020, 08:43:15 PM »
I submitted my ILR 18th of May, and submitted biometrics via the IDV app 28th of August and I've had no communication from the home office whatsoever. Just looking at other immigration boards, I've seen several people get decisions that applied/submitted after me, so I don't think they are going in date order. My app is very straightforward, so I'm not sure what to think really.

We are the same we applied for ILR 14th May and did the biometrics via the IDV app on 29th Aug as well.  We have not heard anything from the home office but we have made a free appointment at our local core center for the end of Oct in case we have not heard anything by then.  Hope we here soon!

Online Application Spouse Visa - 27 Jan 2015
Visa Received - 16 Feb 2015
FLR(M) In-Person  (Approved)- 4 Jan 2018
ILR (M) Approval - 23 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) - 28 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) APPROVED!!!!! - 10 Feb 2021
Citizenship ceremony - 10 June 2021

• Liked: 71
« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2020, 10:24:35 PM »
I did contact my MP,  who responded within 48 hours with a thoughtful and suitable email. While I have been waiting twice as long as the typical eight weeks, I have not waited the six months it can sometimes take to process an ILR during normal (non-COVID) times. I need to try to sit tight until January (six months since my application was submitted) although I still plan to attend the appointment on Oct 16 if I don't hear anything. I just have to hope my US family stays healthy.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 08:45:21 AM by Heidi1961 »
Met online: 12 Feb 1997
Met in person: 8 July 1997
Married in the US: 10 Aug 1999
Submitted online Spousal Visa application: 26 March 2015
Visa received: 22 April 2015
Left US on 7 July 2015; arrived in the UK: 8 July 2015
FLR(M) application approved: 13 Jan 2018
BRP received: 17 Jan 2018
ILR(M) application submitted online: 11 June 2020
ILR(M) approved: 12 Nov 2020
BRP received: 17 Nov 2020
Naturalisation submitted (Nov 21); confirmed (Nov 23)
Biometrics: 21 Dec 2020
UK Citizenship email: 29 March 2021
Citizenship ceremony: 14 June 2021

• Liked: 257
« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2020, 10:31:00 PM »
I did contact my MP,  who responded within 48 hours with a thoughtful and suitable email. While I have been waiting twice as long as the typical eight weeks, I have not waited the six months it can sometimes take to process an ILR during normal (non-COVID) times. I need to try to sit tight until November (since months since my application was submitted) although I still plan to attend the appointment on Oct 16 if I don't hear anything. I just have to hope my US family stays healthy.
Out of curiosity what was the response from your MP?

Type of Application: FLR M
Country applying from: UK, London
Nationality: US Citizen
Online application: 12th June 2020
Sopra Steria Doc Upload: TBC
Biometrics: Awaiting to book appointment
FLR M Received/New BRP: Awaiting

• Liked: 71
« Reply #297 on: October 01, 2020, 08:47:17 AM »
This was the response:

Thanks for your email.  I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’ve been experiencing and I’m pleased you now have an in-person appointment scheduled for 16 October which I hope will help to move things along. 

The Home Office published service standards for processing Indefinite Leave to Remain applications is six months I’m afraid, so whilst I can well appreciate your frustration I am unlikely to receive any positive response from the Home Office to enquiries at this time.  If however, there is a particular reason why your application needs to be expedited, such as medical needs, then please do send through the evidence and I would be happy to raise this with the Home Office.  Your email mentions the renewal of your US passport so again if you can send through that evidence, such as a scan of the documents, I can write to the Home Office on your behalf.

Met online: 12 Feb 1997
Met in person: 8 July 1997
Married in the US: 10 Aug 1999
Submitted online Spousal Visa application: 26 March 2015
Visa received: 22 April 2015
Left US on 7 July 2015; arrived in the UK: 8 July 2015
FLR(M) application approved: 13 Jan 2018
BRP received: 17 Jan 2018
ILR(M) application submitted online: 11 June 2020
ILR(M) approved: 12 Nov 2020
BRP received: 17 Nov 2020
Naturalisation submitted (Nov 21); confirmed (Nov 23)
Biometrics: 21 Dec 2020
UK Citizenship email: 29 March 2021
Citizenship ceremony: 14 June 2021

• Liked: 257
« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
Looks like the emails are seriously delayed.
Our application was approved a few days ago and we already received the BRP this week (note we went down the appointment route instead of the app)

This morning my wife received this email (which I am guessing we can just ignore)

Dear X

RE: Incident Information for Reference # XXXXXX-XXXXXX//XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX/00

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your application is still being assessed, however please be assured that it will be dealt with as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a timeframe for completion.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffice.gov.uk/s/2DT8W/

Please be advised that due to the current Covid19 situation, various UK and overseas offices are closed for the foreseeable future and as such, delays may be incurred. You are advised to consult the GOV.UK website to check for any resumption of business.

***** PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT reply to this email address, unless requested. ALL responses will be immediately deleted ***

Kind Regards,

Home Office Logo
C Kelly
Administrative Officer – Correspondence Team
Visas and Citizenship, UK Visas and Immigration
Level 4 Vulcan House Iron| 4-6 Millsands| Sheffield | S3 8NU

Type of Application: FLR M
Country applying from: UK, London
Nationality: US Citizen
Online application: 12th June 2020
Sopra Steria Doc Upload: TBC
Biometrics: Awaiting to book appointment
FLR M Received/New BRP: Awaiting

« Reply #299 on: October 01, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »
Thanks all so much for your responses, I am glad to hear I am not alone and that several of us have not received any correspondence, even a generic email. I also really appreciate you sharing the reddit threads you are following and the fact that you have indeed seen some decisions come through those that have applied with the app.

While it's a relief, I still recognize the immense stress this is putting on each and every one of us. This site in general is a great community, and this thread has really been helping me to not feel alone and like I am drowning in all of this. Thanks everyone for your candor!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab