Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 413199 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #6885 on: April 26, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »
Oh yeah! Sorry! 3. Pizza friday! (I nearly forgot about that lol)

Our weather is not conducive for outdoor pizza ovening, so I will live vicariously through your pizza Friday.  Go forth and nom.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6886 on: April 26, 2019, 10:52:59 AM »
Our weather is not conducive for outdoor pizza ovening, so I will live vicariously through your pizza Friday.  Go forth and nom.

Normally I'd say "THIS IS ENGLAND, GRAB AN UMBRELLA!" but I know you're in Wales where there may not be a similar motto.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
« Reply #6887 on: April 26, 2019, 11:25:37 AM »
Ahhh, KFDancer, nothing like a collection of cat poop!  ;D
HeyJay, hopefully you find a new job very soon and get out of the mess  [smiley=clover2.gif]
JFKimberly, yay free lottery  [smiley=clover2.gif]
 x0Kiss0fDeath, yay Costco and delicious carrot cake!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Friday!!

1.) Been actively recruiting for some new band members for key positions and I think I have lucked out this week. YAY! This should really help the band get better and improve. Feeling so happy!!!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] ;D :D  [smiley=guitarist.gif]

2.) Get to spend part of my weekend revising for a professional exam I am taking on the 7th May. [smiley=book.gif]  :-\\\\
(Everyt ime I think I want to go back to school and think I want to learn something, I need to remember how much I loathe my free time being taken up by hard work!) 

3.) Gardening loads this weekend, I hope  [smiley=daisy.gif]

4.) My desk at work is a nightmare. It needs properly cleaned. I cannot be arsed.  [smiley=help.gif]

5.) Been back in anger to the gym, finally after a bit of a disruption due to work travels and holidays. Consistency is feeling good.   Never thought I would love the gym in my life, but lifting heavy weights does so much good for my physical and mental health.  [smiley=mickey.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #6888 on: April 26, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »
You guys are triggering me with "blame the boy"! 

It is sooo obviously the girl. 

• Liked: 1894
Friday Five!
« Reply #6889 on: April 26, 2019, 11:43:02 AM »
Or possibly the cat himself, as JFKimberley suggested. Cats would do that, and big sisters would certainly do that.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:45:16 AM by jimbocz »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
« Reply #6890 on: April 26, 2019, 11:43:53 AM »

Yeah,because she doesn't want to go in there. She doesn't want anyone to find her secret stash  ;D

I could definitely agree with the theory of an open drawer, pooped, and accidentally shut, if there is one poop. But if there are multiple poops, hmmm......
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #6891 on: April 26, 2019, 11:49:49 AM »

He's been caught with his hands in the cat box playing with poop on more than one occassion.  Sorry Jimbo, it is an accurate "blame the boy".

Wasn't the cat.  Trust me.  He's beyond inbred and never pooped somewhere other than his box.

Wasn't the girl.  She thinks poop is gross.  Farts though - TOTALLY BLAME THE GIRL.  And boy....  <sigh>  Farts are very funny in our house.

« Reply #6892 on: April 26, 2019, 11:52:16 AM »
Normally I'd say "THIS IS ENGLAND, GRAB AN UMBRELLA!" but I know you're in Wales where there may not be a similar motto.

It's the up-to-60-mph winds that I'm worried about, mostly.

Oooh, good luck with your exam, PB!  I'm sure you'll do well, but I thought I'd send some well-wishes, anyway.

Farts though - TOTALLY BLAME THE GIRL.  And boy....  <sigh>  Farts are very funny in our house.

Aren't they funny in all houses?  Or is it just yours and mine?

« Reply #6893 on: April 26, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
Aren't they funny in all houses?  Or is it just yours and mine?

Probably *most* houses.

The boy is especially funny.  He leans over to fart.  He will also fart on command.

« Reply #6894 on: April 26, 2019, 12:10:58 PM »
Probably *most* houses.

The boy is especially funny.  He leans over to fart.  He will also fart on command.

He can already do that at (almost) two?!  I had no idea that skill was acquired so early.

« Reply #6895 on: April 26, 2019, 12:19:04 PM »
He can already do that at (almost) two?!  I had no idea that skill was acquired so early.

Oh yes!  You say the word fart and he does.  And laughs and laughs.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #6896 on: April 26, 2019, 06:46:49 PM »
Oh yes!  You say the word fart and he does.  And laughs and laughs.

My kid has always called farts trumps thanks to her English grandma. She also has come to know who Trump is. She thinks this is hilarious

• Liked: 681
« Reply #6897 on: April 26, 2019, 08:28:41 PM »
Right in after cat poop, farts, and Trump... hmmmm....

Friday  Five:

1) It's Friday. We had tea. It was nice, although raining now and then on the walk home. The Daughter bought a nice hand-knit sweater at the resale shop for only £10.

2) I still don't know if I have a job offer or not. They contacted my references (who promptly contacted me), but have not gotten back to me about the salary. They are offering about £730 a month for a 40% position. Which is actually reasonable for the duties involved, which are not strenuous. It would mean I'd have to take a £400 a month cut when my SS was cancelled for every month I worked for them, though, which I'm not going to do. The HR lady was supposedly negotiating with the hiring manager to see what they wanted to do. That was on Tuesday when we had that exchange. So far, nada. I am assuming they won't be able to come up to my magic £1,000 a month minimum number. I guess I'll hear next week.  We are going to be out of town all day on Monday, so if they contact me then for a 1st of May start, they're not going to get a reply until Tuesday (30 April). I'll drop her an email on Monday. This would be a "bird-in-the-hand" job, as it's scheduled to end at the end of January and I need to be working through a full year. Perhaps they can extend the job, or hopefully I'll be able to pick up something else for Feb - until.... It just has to be "meaningful employment"  - which, apparently, translates into £166 a week or higher, averaged over three months. I'm not going to push it - if this one comes through I'll take it and then make a go of the "employed for a year" thing. If not, I won't be spending much time looking for other positions.

3) I am off to Ikea tomorrow to buy a tabletop to put on top of the workbench so we can start filling the new aquarium. We are having trouble finding black sand substrate, though. It has to be not a sharp sand or it will hurt the corys' barbels. I am used to just going into an aquarium store and seeing dozens of options as far as colored sand. Not here, apparently! Got the small tank moved to my bedroom from the living room and all the occupants are still alive and seem relatively happy. They get more natural light back here, so that should be good for them. We also have to pick out plants that don't need a lot of light or a C02 diffuser.

4) The Daughter made a dahl (sp?) out of carmelized leeks and tomatoes and lentils. I was expecting it to be something I'd just have to choke down, but it was actually really good! Apparently the secret to lentils is soaking the beejeezus out of them, repeatedly, and then boiling them to oblivion.

5) Where do all these dust-bunnies come from? I had to move furniture a bit, to move the aquarium into my bedroom. Thick coatings of dust on my boxes of genealogy papers, on the floor behind the shelves, under the bed... I just vaccumed under the bed like last week! At least there is some continuity in the universe. It's run by Dust Bunnies. Speaking of, I got my notice that I am to vote in the EU elections in May. I have not got a freaking clue about any of that, so I guess I'll be doing a crash course in "which is the lesser of evils". Which, considering Brexit, is sort of a surreal thing. But, whatever.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:36:32 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #6898 on: April 26, 2019, 09:43:16 PM »
My Friday Five this week:

1. The countdown is on: 11 more days until I fly home (or only 10 days if you don’t count the morning I leave)... fingers crossed I’m not delayed this time!

2. Only 18 days until I fly to Italy :).

3. Still making good progress on my exercise challenge. I now have 80 km left to cycle and 10 km left to swim.

4. Getting excited about my trip to the US in June :). As I posted in a new topic the other day, the friend I was going to stay with in LA may not be able to put me up after all, so I’ve been booking back-up hotels and coming up with ideas for what to do if I do end up being on my own for the week :).

5. I’m seeing Avengers: Endgame on Sunday (can’t go tonight with the rest of the team because I’m working the night shift)... and it’s only £5 to go to the cinema here :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6899 on: April 26, 2019, 10:36:21 PM »
Farts are very funny in our house.

Farts are very funny in every house!

It's the up-to-60-mph winds that I'm worried about, mostly.

We've definitely been outside BBQing in some proper sh*t weather, I must admit...hahaha

My kid has always called farts trumps thanks to her English grandma. She also has come to know who Trump is. She thinks this is hilarious

I have never seen a kid laugh so hard as when I told my (then) 10 year old nephew that Trump meant fart in England. He literally couldn't breathe he was laughing so hard.

Ksand - I am SUPER envious that you're going to see Endgame!! I have to wait until Tuesday because it's Meerkat movies day on Tuesday....Just saw Captain Marvel last Tuesday (I think it's a brilliant superhero movie for little girls especially!) in preparation...
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab