Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410890 times)

• Liked: 676
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #6135 on: October 12, 2018, 01:07:56 PM »
1. Sitting in Starbucks listening to terrible French pop and drinking cold coffee. I'm waiting for my car to get fixed at the garage next door,  and have been here 3 hours because I can't be arsed get a bus home and then back up again to collect car later.

2. Stitches coming out today!
3. Back to work on Monday.
4. Sick of hearing about the weather.  Shut up, put a jaikit oan and deal with it, people!!*
5. Might go to Costco on Saturday for protein shakes and vitamins.

* not specifically directed to anyone here, just people in general. Sick hearing folk moan about the 'bad' weather, and it's only October!!

How are you feeling?

(PS I love windy, rainy weather! I grew up in a desert. This is much nicer!)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #6136 on: October 12, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »
How are you feeling?

I feel absolutely fine, thanks !
Just have to get used to my new limitations.  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6137 on: October 12, 2018, 05:35:03 PM »
Glad recovery is going well Albatross!

Good luck with the work issues PB. Must have a crossed a line for you to finally involve HR. :(

And I hope you recover from the travel soon Ksand. I have been surprised by how warm it still is and don't want to jinx it!

Mine are about the last 24 hours...
1. My brother in law was in town so we went down to the inlaws yesterday to get everyone together, which was nice.... Sorta.

2. MIL doesn't understand allergies. Also won't let me help cook so I get to read the labels on anything she adds. Meaning at best I'm itchy, at worst I'm reaching for an epi pen when I eat her food. Thankfully this time it was just itchy but it feels like Russian roulette :(

3. They kept asking what my plans for a job were. I said it was difficult because of the attitudes towards disability here, and how sick I've been. I'll keep looking but my future is uncertain until I get lucky and find one. Then made snide comments about how they had disabled people (physical disabilities) working at the hospital when they were there, so of course there's no discrimination against *real* disabilities in the UK so I should have no trouble. Ummm. Not going to talk about how that made me feel, or the current research showing the opposite.

4. I finally had fish n chips! In all of my visits I'd never bothered to track down a gluten free shop, but there was one not far from them. Yum!

5. Its going to take the rest of the weekend to recover from that trip because they forgot multiple times and sprayed air freshener. :( I slept in the conservatory on an air mattress and drove home with a migraine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 114
« Reply #6138 on: October 12, 2018, 06:19:06 PM »
Happy Friday!

1. It's been such a pleasant, pleasant week at work.  Our line manager has been on leave and everyone has been so relaxed in her absence.  "When the cat's away," and all that.

2. I am working overtime tomorrow, which is practically unheard of in our department. One of the payroll teams has been down a number of employees this month and are struggling to stay afloat, so the boss lady asked us if we wanted to come in for overtime.  She's lovely, and I feel inclined to help her, and I know it will be a more relaxed atmosphere as we're not open weekends.  We won't have to answer the phones!  Hurrah!

3. *puts on nerd hat* The Ender dragon fight on my Minecraft server is happening tonight.  Ready your swords! *puts nerd hat away*

4. A new Italian restaurant opened up in our town this week, so we now have a total of two whole Italian restaurants!  We are hoping to try them out on Saturday evening.  The other restaurant (run by an Italian family) has set the bar high, so this place has a lot to live up to!

5. I must, must, MUST file my FBAR this weekend.  The deadline is Monday!  Gah, that really snuck up on me. *grumble grumble*

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 250
« Reply #6139 on: October 12, 2018, 06:42:27 PM »
My Friday Five!

1. I'm getting married tomorrow! (Again. This is the official "wedding")
2. My family is finally in town!!!!
3. Spent the day in Rochester, one of my favorite British towns
4. Had my Hen Party last night and got drunk. It was Harry Potter themed. Best Hen Night ever
5. Finally ready to stop planning the wedding and actually doing the wedding!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6140 on: October 12, 2018, 07:04:56 PM »

You have to post a picture (when the dust settles).  Have fun tomorrow!  Enjoy it!

And enjoy tomorrow night.  ;D

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6141 on: October 12, 2018, 07:05:27 PM »
My Friday Five!

2. My family is finally in town!!!!
3. Spent the day in Rochester, one of my favorite British towns
4. Had my Hen Party last night and got drunk. It was Harry Potter themed. Best Hen Night ever
5. Finally ready to stop planning the wedding and actually doing the wedding!!!

Awww! Happy wedding eve :) I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #6142 on: October 12, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »
Margo, I cannae believe your MIL won't let you look at food labels or anything. That's horrifying.  You could point out to her about the recent cases with Pret with food allergies.  I am not sure how you are even able to eat at the house!!! 
As for invisible illnesses and disabilities,  yeah, totally, there is huge discrimination and issues with accommodation for work. There is the law and then companies who find loopholes around the law. 

TeamTollie, hehehe , Happy Wedding Day and even better, Happy Wedding Evening!!!  ;) :D

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6143 on: October 12, 2018, 08:13:09 PM »

Happy Wedding Evening!!!  ;) :D

Here, TT is gonna get laid!  Yes, I have the maturity of a 15 year old!!!

• Liked: 250
« Reply #6144 on: October 12, 2018, 08:15:34 PM »
Omg you guys

Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6145 on: October 12, 2018, 08:23:37 PM »
Omg you guys

Poor Tom

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #6146 on: October 12, 2018, 08:36:57 PM »
Have "Reader Rabbit"
  There's a blast from the past!  I loved Reader Rabbit, used to do it with my daughter. 

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #6147 on: October 12, 2018, 09:11:38 PM »
3. *puts on nerd hat* The Ender dragon fight on my Minecraft server is happening tonight.  Ready your swords! *puts nerd hat away*

5. I must, must, MUST file my FBAR this weekend.  The deadline is Monday!  Gah, that really snuck up on me. *grumble grumble*

I am so envious!  I haven't played on a survival server in ages!  Fun times!

Meanwhile, I get an FBAR break this year.  But I expect this is the last time I won't do one. No more visas = more money piling up.  Oh, darn.  ;)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 114
« Reply #6148 on: October 12, 2018, 09:23:00 PM »
I am so envious!  I haven't played on a survival server in ages!  Fun times!

Meanwhile, I get an FBAR break this year.  But I expect this is the last time I won't do one. No more visas = more money piling up.  Oh, darn.  ;)
Come join us if you want. I think we have a few spaces left as we're trying to stay capped to around 20 on the whitelist.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6149 on: October 12, 2018, 09:23:44 PM »
  There's a blast from the past!  I loved Reader Rabbit, used to do it with my daughter.
So did I with my daughter. I remember her being 3 and her little hand moving that mouse around like a little pro.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links