Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410893 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #8295 on: November 05, 2021, 04:39:33 PM »
My Friday Five:

1. My boss tested positive for Covid yesterday… and I was in the office with her for 9 hours on Monday! I did an at-home PCR test this morning… just waiting for the results now. The lateral flow test I did last night was negative so fingers crossed for the PCR.

2. Luckily I only have 2 night shifts to work (Sun and Mon), at least one of which I can work from home, and then almost a week of leave, so if I do have to self-isolate, it hopefully won’t affect things too much (we’re really short-staffed at the moment)

3. I’m a bit annoyed though because I was just expressing my concern to the boss on Monday about us working day shifts in the office again while cases are so high and scientists are recommending working from home again, and saying that I would be more comfortable working from home… and she was telling me all the reasons why working in the office if we can is beneficial, all the while potentially giving me and half the team Covid!

4. In better news, I decided to extend my December trip to Disneyland Paris by a day, so I’ll be there 5 nights/6 park days instead of 4/5… of course, that’s assuming the trip can still go ahead and I don’t have to cancel it!

5. I finally changed to a winter duvet and caved and put the heating on during the day this week… I held off as long as I could, but it’s actually getting cold now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #8296 on: November 05, 2021, 04:57:50 PM »
YAY for all the good things KF!  :)

3.) Brewing some beer this weekend after a few months hiatus! O0

What are you brewing?!  ;D

5. I finally changed to a winter duvet and caved and put the heating on during the day this week… I held off as long as I could, but it’s actually getting cold now

We've been fighting against it but we also just changed the duvets literally last night and the heating has been on for a week or so but at the bear mimimum (fighting to turn it up any higher but it's a challenge! LOL) 

Fingers crossed your all good with your PCR test and your boss recovers without too many other people being impacted. Maybe your boss will think twice now about allowing people to WFH...

Not done a Friday 5 in a while so here we go...

1. Loving my new job - both the actual job, the company, and the people I work with. Will hit my 6 months in December (I believe) and my manager said on my 1-2-1 today that - to be transparent - that is all good and he'll be getting HR to sort the paperwork out (which means I will also be getting a pay rise as we agreed I'd get a certain rate once I passed my probation). WOO!

2. Speaking of work, we went to a place in Wandsworth called Gravity yesterday at the end of the day (we being my team at work) for our "social" and had such a good time. We did E-Karting, arcades, bowling, and crazy golf (usually prefer to call it mini golf but it was a bit crazy). They also do some augmented reality stuff, digital darts, and E-Sports gaming and it all has a Japanese theme - so LOTS of neon. Very much "a bit of me". Highly recommend. Definitely didn't sanitise as much as I probably should've with everything we touched though so fingers crossed...  ::)

3. Going to my local bottle/coffee shop for a tap takeover for a local brewery. Meeting a friend there and taking the dog because of it being bonfire night. She used to be really good at dealing with fireworks (would even watch them), but as she's gotten older, she's started to get upset by them so we're taking her with us for the evening and crossing our fingers she'll actually settle and won't be TOO much of a pest.

4. Got a photo of the beer we brewed (we being "the podcast") with a brewery further up north and it looks beauts. Will be on tap only, but they are due to send us some cans (fingers crossed). Hoping it all comes out good and people like it as we had such a fun time from start to finish with the process.

5. I hate that it's getting dark early. Husband and I already said we were ready to just start hibernation. We're due to go to the US at christmas (still need to look at all the hoops we have to jump through for that) and I have a work Christmas party right beforehand, but after this weekend and before the US, I envision a LOT of time being spent indoors being garbage people  :D LOL

6. BONUS - in an effort to avoid the above, I'm due to start pole fitness again :D :D :D Somebody from work wants to do it with me as well so we're looking at a 2-on-1 private session every other week. Will get me actually active again which is good - especially because of point 1.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #8297 on: November 05, 2021, 05:02:51 PM »
What are you brewing?!  ;D

Mexican lager.  It's cold enough now that I can bottle condition in the garage so it's a good time to make a lager.   
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8298 on: November 05, 2021, 05:33:24 PM »
Mexican lager.  It's cold enough now that I can bottle condition in the garage so it's a good time to make a lager.

Yeah my friend wants to rebrew her vienna lager but there's also some other things she wants to try but knows she has a limited window to make lagers unless she is brewing more than she really has time for haha
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #8299 on: November 06, 2021, 12:40:15 PM »
Fingers crossed your all good with your PCR test and your boss recovers without too many other people being impacted. Maybe your boss will think twice now about allowing people to WFH...

Thanks.

I actually ended up doing a second PCR test last night at a drive-through location after chatting to the other boss, who was worried that it would take too long to get the results back from the at-home test… and we need to know ASAP in order to rewrite Monday’s roster if needed, especially as several of us were in close contact with the boss who has Covid and we’re shortstaffed as it is.

I got the drive-through test result back early this morning… it was negative .

I haven’t had the results from the at-home test yet though (it was delivered to the lab at 2am this morning).

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8300 on: November 06, 2021, 12:52:26 PM »
Hopefully your antibodies are working.  I know my husband and I were exposed at least once and neither of us got it.  Many aren’t as lucky but contact doesn’t always equal positive test.

I hope it stays negative!!  Keep us posted.

« Reply #8301 on: November 06, 2021, 02:34:57 PM »
Thanks.

I actually ended up doing a second PCR test last night at a drive-through location after chatting to the other boss, who was worried that it would take too long to get the results back from the at-home test… and we need to know ASAP in order to rewrite Monday’s roster if needed, especially as several of us were in close contact with the boss who has Covid and we’re shortstaffed as it is.

I haven’t had the results from the at-home test yet though (it was delivered to the lab at 2am this morning).

Excellent news RE the negative results! :D

So weird at how inconsistent it is because my friend and her husband both had to do them a few months back and one did drive thru while the other did at home and the at home results actually came first! I did drive thru and got results first thing the next day when I did mine as was worried that the at home wouldn't be quick enough either.

Many aren’t as lucky but contact doesn’t always equal positive test.

Yeah I knew somebody who had 2 out of 3 of her kids get covid but her, her husband, and her third kid were all totally fine despite not having any real precautions between them under the same roof, etc. Science is fascinating.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8302 on: November 06, 2021, 08:48:40 PM »

Very happy to hear that! Hoping it stays that way.

« Reply #8303 on: November 06, 2021, 08:49:33 PM »
Very happy to hear that! Hoping it stays that way.
Results for the second test came in a couple of hours ago… also negative

« Reply #8304 on: November 06, 2021, 08:50:19 PM »

1.  We pick up Hendricks on Tuesday!!!!!!  We can't wait!!!  Two MASSIVE boxes from ZooPlus arrived yesterday, one containing the world's biggest cat tree.  Think the kittens will love it!  They can easily escape the kids if needed.

Eeeee! I'm so excited for you!  :D

« Reply #8305 on: November 06, 2021, 08:51:08 PM »
Results for the second test came in a couple of hours ago… also negative

Hurrah!!! 

« Reply #8306 on: November 06, 2021, 09:06:44 PM »
Eeeee! I'm so excited for you!  :D

Tarquin arrives on November 20!  Eeeks!!!!  I’m so excited. And nervous.  Gotta get used to the new personalities. Kids need to learn young, inquisitive kittens who may be escape artists. They are used to geriatric cats who ruled the roost!  And didn’t give a toss about going outside, in a cupboard, the washing machine, dive bombing us in bed….  The list goes on and on.  ;D

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8307 on: November 12, 2021, 08:32:24 AM »
Happy Friday!

Jumping right in...

1.  Received a letter last Friday inviting me to a drive-through vaccination centre for a booster jab.  I made a mental note to phone Monday to politely decline.  They phoned me on Monday so I didn't have to take the initiative.  This made me happy.

2.  I was genuinely conflicted about the booster because I really wanted to go to the drive-through vaccination centre!  But I had already determined to skip the booster, so ... blah blah.

3.  I baked an apple pie this week.  It continues to be delicious.  My husband is happy because I used Braeburn apples this time. He's right about them.  They're really nice.  I'm a convert.

4.  I also tried a different bread recipe.  It is really soft and tasty, but it doesn't have the nice clean crumb of my usual ratios.  I'm not sure how to get all the things in one dough.

5.  We ran out of jam.  Groceries come tomorrow.  I may not make it.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #8308 on: November 12, 2021, 09:22:35 AM »
Friyay!

1.  Today my son has his tests at GOSH.  All the thoughts, prayers, and wishes for him please!  GA is scary stuff.  He’s also HANGRY.

2.  Aquila is at GOSH this afternoon so we are determined to meet, even if it’s just a high five in passing!

3.  Hendricks has been the most amazing addition to our home. We all adore him. He is already a lap cat, yet lets my kids carry him everywhere. He is truly a perfect fit for us.  Everyone is just HAPPIER now. Sobe sent us a good one!  Neighbor is coming and playing with him today while we are in London.

4.  My daughter has been diving since lockdown lifted and they want her to trial the elite competitive team.  I’m in two minds. We will do a trial.  We will be led by her. If SHE wants to do it, I’m all in.  But I want her to have fun first and foremost!

5.  Missing Sir Ian McClellan doing Shakespeare tonight but hopefully still able to attend Ricky Gervais tomorrow night at the Palladium.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8309 on: November 12, 2021, 09:32:22 AM »
All my positive vibes for your son's tests today.  I hope everything goes smoothly and you get answers that you can cope with.  I guess you can't feed the poor thing... hangry is hard.  Good luck to you!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links