Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 407931 times)

• Liked: 387
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #8280 on: October 15, 2021, 07:04:28 PM »
Had an issue with my health concern yesterday. Looking forward to my “final” diagnostics next week.  They think they know what’s going on and nothing too scary and treatable.  I’m ready for confirmation and a care plan.

Nothing too scary and treatable.  Those are the words we like to hear.  Fingers crossed for you! 

Son has his endoscopy and colonoscopy next Friday.  Scary stuff but hoping for conclusive answers. And hopefully for a coeliac diagnosis.

Best of luck to him, and for a quick diagnosis!  Will you be at GOSH for that?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8281 on: October 16, 2021, 11:42:48 AM »

Best of luck to him, and for a quick diagnosis!  Will you be at GOSH for that?

Thursday and Friday!  PM me if you’ll be around!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #8282 on: October 19, 2021, 05:25:19 PM »
Friyay!

Far too much going on in my life.

1.  Put first payment on extension yesterday.  Lead times are insane but builder found the bricks in EXETER ready to go, so they are being delivered next week.  At least doesn’t delay our start (he was ordering them 8 weeks before need, but bricks jumped to 13 weeks lead time!). So garage clearout needs to accelerate this weekend.

2., my white trash hot tub sprung a leak a few weeks ago and replacement was FINALLY delivered yesterday.  I have missed it SOOOOOOO much.  Moving location in anticipation of the build.

3.  Went to a crochet group today to learn (reduced to 4 days a week at work).

4.  Long way to go with extension decisions but choices are being narrowed.  Progress is being made.

5.  Had an issue with my health concern yesterday. Looking forward to my “final” diagnostics next week.  They think they know what’s going on and nothing too scary and treatable.  I’m ready for confirmation and a care plan. 

6.  Yeah, I, on 6.  Son has his endoscopy and colonoscopy next Friday.  Scary stuff but hoping for conclusive answers. And hopefully for a coeliac diagnosis.

7.  YUP, SEVEN, our kittens cannot come soon enough!  One more month.  Not seven kittens.  Two.  But it’s #7 on my list of 5.  ;D
I'm just catching up on everything on this site, and I'm glad they think they know what's up and it's treatable. My 2 week referral is taking 8 weeks due to demand for the services, so... Still in that awful limbo where you know something is very wrong and are hoping it's not going to be untreatable by the time they figure it out.

And I hope you enjoy the new kitties! And crochet, but keep the two separate. I've been really lucky that Elly leaves me alone but if I drop a ball of yarn it's hers.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #8283 on: October 19, 2021, 06:09:13 PM »
My 2 week referral is taking 8 weeks due to demand for the services, so... Still in that awful limbo where you know something is very wrong and are hoping it's not going to be untreatable by the time they figure it out.

It's so frustrating, and I really feel for you.  I hope you're able to get out of that limbo as soon as possible.   [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #8284 on: October 19, 2021, 06:17:31 PM »
It's so frustrating, and I really feel for you.  I hope you're able to get out of that limbo as soon as possible.   [smiley=hug.gif]
It's been a year of concerning symptoms and doctors literally speaking over me, not examining me, and not ordering tests. So in the grand scheme of how this has gone, 8 weeks isn't so bad. But the doctor who finally listened and examined me was the one who threw out the C word when I hadn't really been thinking that, I was leaning more towards autoimmune or muscular dystrophy. But at least I'm in the system now as they say.

The GP did good earlier in the year and got me to one of the top hip surgeons in the country for an ongoing less urgent thing, so I'm kinda hoping the 3T MRI I just had for that will pick up this other stuff too.

« Reply #8285 on: October 19, 2021, 08:25:58 PM »
1. I’ve been really lazy the last few weeks - eaten a load of crap and barely done any exercise… which means I think I’ve put back on most of the weight I lost in the Falklands… but I finally got back on the exercise bike yesterday so fingers crossed I can get back into the swing of it again

Ksand, what is the crap you've been eating since returning?  Always curious what people crave when away!  As you know, we love to talk food around here.  :D

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8286 on: October 22, 2021, 09:48:19 AM »
*taps mic* Is this thing on?

Happy Friday!!!!

1.  My efforts at getting more fit are slowly and steadily paying off.  I was 50kg the first morning the respiratory nurse visited in late August.  I made the decision on September 28th to start working toward my goal of 45kg.  This week I was at 48.55kg.

2.  My husband's work are sending a courier out to collect his laptop, they'll update/upgrade the OS, and then courier it back to him, same day.  Then he will be equipped to work from home doing his primary job (he's on secondment for maternity cover that could end at anytime, but probably not 'til December).  Most employees needing the update/upgrade have had to bring their device in to the office.  They're doing the courier because he lives with me.  Knowing they're helping him shield me reassures me that he might not have to return to the office for a long time.  Yay!

3.  We found "tater tots" at Tesco.  They're sold as 'hash brown potato bites', but they're very similar to tater tots.  A bit mushier inside, and the fact that we bake them means they don't have that satisfying fried flavour.   But if you're going to Sonic them up, you probably won't notice a difference.

4.  It's nearly a week since my Braeburns arrived, and the pie still hasn't baked itself.  I might have to do it.

5.  Did I say I'm working on getting fit?  ;)  But I have cut out a lot of refined sugar from my diet by drinking a lot less Coke and replacing it with water.  And my real food portions are about half the amount I was trying to eat before.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 09:55:37 AM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #8287 on: October 22, 2021, 05:41:38 PM »
*taps mic* Is this thing on?

Happy Friday!!!!

1.  My efforts at getting more fit are slowly and steadily paying off.  I was 50kg the first morning the respiratory nurse visited in late August.  I made the decision on September 28th to start working toward my goal of 45kg.  This week I was at 48.55kg.

2.  My husband's work are sending a courier out to collect his laptop, they'll update/upgrade the OS, and then courier it back to him, same day.  Then he will be equipped to work from home doing his primary job (he's on secondment for maternity cover that could end at anytime, but probably not 'til December).  Most employees needing the update/upgrade have had to bring their device in to the office.  They're doing the courier because he lives with me.  Knowing they're helping him shield me reassures me that he might not have to return to the office for a long time.  Yay!

3.  We found "tater tots" at Tesco.  They're sold as 'hash brown potato bites', but they're very similar to tater tots.  A bit mushier inside, and the fact that we bake them means they don't have that satisfying fried flavour.   But if you're going to Sonic them up, you probably won't notice a difference.

4.  It's nearly a week since my Braeburns arrived, and the pie still hasn't baked itself.  I might have to do it.

5.  Did I say I'm working on getting fit?  ;)  But I have cut out a lot of refined sugar from my diet by drinking a lot less Coke and replacing it with water.  And my real food portions are about half the amount I was trying to eat before.
  Thanks for the tips on the tater tots, I'm going to have to check those out.  And good new on the laptop, it must be nice to work for a company that at least pretends to give a crap.   I tried really hard to think of something funny to say about your weight, but then thought that's rarely a good idea.  But please accept the thought! 

« Reply #8288 on: October 22, 2021, 05:51:46 PM »
Friyay!

1.  My sons tests were pushed back to mid November due to the surgeon having to isolate.  No biggie but just want it to be DONE.

2.  I’ve been spread too thin lately so trying to get organised and prioritise things. Wish me luck!

3.  Planned a spur of the moment date night tonight because as much as I adore my kids I NEED A BREAK

4.  Are they priming us for another lockdown?   ::)

5.  Going to Manchester for 3 days next week for work.  During half term. I’m not impressed. Though does give a break from the kids, but I was looking forward to some fun with them. I can’t win.   ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #8289 on: October 29, 2021, 10:42:47 AM »
Happy Friday!

1.) Same ole, same. Been a crazy busy few weeks.  I'm needing a mega break!  [smiley=computer.gif]

2.) Okay ,hopefully this time the butcher will have leaf lard.  Pigs were too lean the last time. [smiley=clover2.gif]

3.) Putting the garden away for the winter.   [smiley=daisy.gif]

4.)  Picked all the polar bear pumpkins and winter squash I had, so now get to eat them, the best part!  [smiley=chef.gif]

5.) Trying to pick some tunes for the big band I lead to learn to enter a competition festival in January.  We've been trying to rebuild after Covid, so just trying to find things that will work to give us some confidence.  [smiley=guitarist.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8290 on: October 29, 2021, 03:26:57 PM »
Happy Friday, PB!  Welcome to the end of your crazy week.  :)

My five:

1.  After Monday's final check with the O2 nurse, I'm back to my normal and relieved.  But, more importantly, I noticed on Tuesday as I was going up and down the hall putting away the washing up (our utili-kitchen does not accommodate storing our dishes, sadly), I realized I wasn't feeling heavy or breathless.  I really am better!

2.  I've got bread raising in the kitchen, the washing up is done and put away, and we have decided what's for dinner (mustard&herb pork filet with dauphinoise potatoes and some kind of green veg (probably sprouts).  All that's left for me to do today is play video games until my husband is finished working (at half-four).

3.  I "accidentally" bought a smart plug this week (I was considering it and had it in my Amazon basket when I went to order some cornflour, so accidentally bought it).  Now I've given up my soul.

4.  I was considering the smart plug so I could turn our "Big Sign" far infrared panel heater on and off (it is plugged into the outlet behind it and I can't reach to flip the switch on and off, and we haven't bought a thermostat for our heating yet because we still aren't ready to install anything permanently).  Anyway, now I have a routine that turns on our disco light and plays "Dancing Queen" when we say "Hey, Google... John Lewis!"  (John Lewis is the plush monkey whom we recently learned loves to dance, only he does it by gyrating his hips slowly... he's a cheeky monkey).

5.  If you're squeamish, don't read this one:  My husband kept a jumper in his shed office and put it on early yesterday.  Toward the end of the day (like, 5pm!), he said, "It feels like... ugh... all day, it's felt like there's something living in my jumper..." as he's pulling it off.  He looked inside and yelped as he threw it on the floor.  It was a live mouse!  He was sharing his jumper with a mouse all day.  Fortunately for him, he'd already started running a bath, so he kind of paced a bit waiting for it to fill up so he could go watch off the icky feeling.  Unfortunately for us, he threw it down inside the house, and the mouse ran off.  So now, we definitely have a mouse in the house.  Still, I laughed (while attempting to sympathetically ask if there was anything I could do to help him).  :))

P.S. I've included a photo of John Lewis with Big Sign in the background.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 03:37:08 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #8291 on: October 29, 2021, 07:46:25 PM »
Friyay!

1.  Been at Peppa Pig World all day with ZERO reception. We just recently changed to O2 from Three and so far IT SUCKS!!!

2.  Went to Manchester for work Monday to Wednesday. FANTASTIC CITY.  Such a great vibe, each street had its own identity. We had some AMAZING meals out.  We basically would order one of everything on each menu and do “family style”. Being that at home we are limited by allergies, it was super fun for me.  Tried some things I’ve not had before.  Such as bone marrow and Chateaubriand.

3.  Also played “crazy pool”.  Spoiler, I SUCK.  As well as axe throwing which was FAR more fun than I had imagined. I wasn’t the worst at that which was nice.

4.  I’ve taken a couple of crochet lessons and am well on my way to finishing a scarf. It’s definitely not perfect but I’ll be happy to wear it.  I’m looking forward to making ones for the kids that are a bit more refined now that I’m getting the hang of it and I understand my mistakes.

5.  No joy with Adele tickets in the presale yesterday so hoping for better luck tomorrow. We had tickets to the final show of her last concert which was cancelled due to vocal injury. 

« Reply #8292 on: October 29, 2021, 09:13:46 PM »
JFKimberly, I think John Lewis and big sign are adorable. Glad you're really feeling better!

This was a week of recovering for me, but I am still hoping I didn't take too big of a risk last weekend.

1. Saw friends I haven't in 2 years and their families last weekend which was nice. One was visiting from the other side of the world, so the effort to see them was needed. But I forgot how exhausting being social can be, and I spent the next few days mostly in bed. Better now.

2. Kitty saw the vet today and her weight is good, she actually needs to lose a bit! So a bit more of a diet for her.

3. I've been working on crochet and knit things to try and sell locally. I've made a few small knit things in the past so this is the first time I'm making anything larger, but I am really enjoying it. Knit hats just look nicer than crochet ones imo. I also made a mistake and fixed it (swapped 2 knit and purl a row below), so that was a happy moment. Now just need to find a place to buy beads to embellish ornaments.

4. Had gluten free crepes for lunch today. They were noms.

5. I tried changing cannabis meds and it went really poorly, and because the system involves mailing paper prescriptions that are only written certain days of the week to a pharmacy for processing, it took weeks to have the old one refilled. I have it now, and 2 days back on it I feel so much better. I wish the government would pull their heads out and make these available on the NHS, especially for the children with epilepsy.

« Reply #8293 on: November 05, 2021, 10:13:59 AM »
Friyay!!!

1.  We pick up Hendricks on Tuesday!!!!!!  We can't wait!!!  Two MASSIVE boxes from ZooPlus arrived yesterday, one containing the world's biggest cat tree.  Think the kittens will love it!  They can easily escape the kids if needed.

2.  Broke down and ordered glasses this week.  I've been going blind for awhile and am actually looking foward to getting my spectacles (kept making me giggle that they called them spectacles and not glasses).  I asked for the cheapest ones they have and I think I would have picked them anyway, as they are adorable and sassy.  Just need them for computer and reading.

3.  Was super impressed with my recent NHS urgent experience.  Nothing scary found, diagnosis made, treatment plan in place.  Might need tweaking as many things do, but overall no complaints AT ALL.

4.  Son's procedures have been rescheduled for next week, he's admitted on Thursday and procedures are Friday.  That won't be fun.  Hopefully no further delays and it happens this time.

5.  Need to try to get some research done for my parents desire to do a family holiday next summer to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #8294 on: November 05, 2021, 12:10:49 PM »
Hope all goes okay with wee man's tests next week KFDancer.  I know in these cases, you want actually want a diagnosis so that you can do the things you already know will make a difference.

Friday!

1.) I have boatloads of holiday time left, because its been very busy much of the year at work, so now taking some long weekends, etc. This is the first one, M-W off next week.  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

2.) So busy on the weekends now. I'm pretty much chukka blok with gigs from now through Christmas every single weekend.  I am SO happy to be performing music again! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3.) Brewing some beer this weekend after a few months hiatus! O0

4.) Working on music for a competition with the jazz band I lead, getting ready for January ^-^

5.) Trying to stay out of people politics. Leave me out of the middle, please. I don't want to take sides either. Leave me alone. [smiley=dizzy2.gif]   :-X
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab