Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 412423 times)

• Liked: 3596
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #8535 on: May 06, 2022, 07:08:38 PM »
My Friday Five… not a great couple of weeks for me:

1. Last Friday, I had a mole on my upper back removed by the doctor here on Ascension. It had been bothering me (itching) since I got here and I didn’t want to leave it until I got home just in case. I won’t find out if it was anything to worry about for another couple of weeks though, as it has to be sent to Florida on the USAF flight next week for testing.

2. As a result, I’ve had stitches in for the last week and haven’t been able to go to the gym, so I feel very unhealthy as I’ve mostly just been watching TV and snacking. The stitches were taken out this afternoon so hopefully I can get back to normal soon.

3. Then I got stung by a wasp on Monday morning, when I went to collect the rainfall at the accommodation site

4. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some sandals through Amazon… but they were rejected at Brize Norton and refunded (probably due to lack of customs forms)… so I ordered them again and had them sent to my colleague’s address, to bring with him when he flies out here next week… but they were apparently ‘undeliverable’ and have been returned to Amazon. It seems Amazon just doesn’t want me to get any new sandals!

5. On top of all that, we had some severe weather here last week. One heavy shower last Tuesday gave 45.5 mm of rain in less than an hour… that’s about 1 month’s worth of UK rainfall in 1 hour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8536 on: May 06, 2022, 07:27:52 PM »
Oh ksand.  Big hugs. I find stitches incredibly itchy!  I hope you get them out, have nothing flagged on the biopsy and have instant relief about both!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #8537 on: May 13, 2022, 09:48:03 AM »
Happy Friday!

1.) Had a great holiday in the USA seeing family & friends and eating all.the.things  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2.) Have a mega huge presentation to give this afternoon for all kinds of VPs and the president of the company  :o :o

3.) Garden sprung to life when we were away ,so need to cut the grass, weed, sow more seeds, etc  [smiley=daisy.gif]

4.) Have some rehearsals this weekend for upcoming concerts  [smiley=guitarist.gif]

5.)  Jet lag.  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8538 on: May 13, 2022, 12:18:58 PM »
Friyay!

Another bonkers week at work.  Another bonkers week at the house.  Life is bonkers.

1.  Giving the builder a hard deadline for moving back in has lit a fire under everyone's ass.  Monday, carpet goes in and worktops go on.  Tuesday we have all our belongings moved back in and the final mirrors fit for our master ensuite. 

2.  The bifolds actually showed up yesterday!  Only took 3 months to come (quoted 10 days).  Anyways, they are here.  Now to be put in!

3.  Wish we could enjoy our last weekend in our "country home" but needs must at the house.  The building of wardrobes will continue so they are in and ready for carpet to go in.  Maybe, just maybe, we can knock it out in one day.

4.  Not looking forward to emptying the country house and getting it in a good state to return (have all of next week).  It's a big place and we've certainly spread out.  UGH, too much to do

5.  Next weekend we have a glamping weekend in a double decker bus booked.  Been booked for a year.  While the timing isn't great, I think it's exactly what we need right now.   ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8539 on: May 20, 2022, 09:39:44 AM »
Happy Friday!!!

1.) Dragging today....been a long week  [smiley=computer.gif]

2.) Busy weekend ahead, so no rest for the wicked  [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

3.) Have a busy summer! Everything popping up ,getting booked up!  O0

4.) Has anyone looked at the price of flights lately? Holy cow!  :o

5.) Need.more.coffee.  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8540 on: May 20, 2022, 10:48:11 PM »
Life is insane. I’ll come back.  ;D

• Liked: 1893
« Reply #8541 on: May 21, 2022, 10:13:44 AM »
Life is insane. I’ll come back.  ;D
Sometimes I wonder how you find time to post here at all.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8542 on: May 27, 2022, 11:23:28 AM »
Friday!!!

1.) Been an odd work week   ???

2.) Someone close to me has Covid and they've got serious underlying conditions ,so I'm quite worried. Hopefully they won't be stubborn and will take the anti-virals/monoclonal antibodies you can easily get in the USA   :\\\'(

3.) Playing in a local park tomorrow on the bandstand  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

4.) VIntage event at the folk museum on Sunday  [smiley=cowboy.gif]

5.) Have ordered more beer making ingredients. Bank holiday beer making!   [smiley=chef.gif]

You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8543 on: May 27, 2022, 02:21:32 PM »
FRIYAY!!!!!!

HAS BEEN THE MOST WILD INTENSE FEW WEEKS EVER!!!!!!  My stress is my stress, and I know I'm allowed to be stressed and it's valid - however another mother in my daughter's class was diagnosed with breast cancer last week and had a double mastectomy yesterday!  So things can always be worse.

1.  We moved back home and handed back the keys on the rental on Monday.  Do not let this fool you into thinking the house is done.  Currently no water of any type downstairs, so we either have to go upstairs or outside.  Showering at the leisure centre.  Should have that up and working come Wednesday though (let's hope).

2.  Worktops have been an absolute nightmare.  Thankfully today they actually came and moved the island worktop.  So the hob is actually centered to the hob cupboard.   ::)  The person who did our template must have been attempting the template while blindfolded.  They have been 3 times now and will still have to come once more.  Hopefully only once more though. 

3.  As of a few days ago, we no longer have plywood and have actually doors and windows!  Not everything is correct of course, but at least we feel a bit more safe and secure.

4.  Work has been INSANE.  Massive presentation this morning and now that that's over, it's like a million ton weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

5.  Need to get the "insides" for the wardrobes this weekend so we can start to get out of boxes!  Definitely looking forward to 4 days off next week to unbox and start to bed in.

So, who else understands my pain of BUILDERS DUST?!?!?!  Where does it all come from?  Will it EVER go away and stop?

• Liked: 424
« Reply #8544 on: May 27, 2022, 06:39:32 PM »
I was one of those builders! Dust…..dust for everyone…..and absolutely everywhere! I feel your pain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8545 on: June 10, 2022, 09:25:19 AM »
Happy Friday!

1.) Been a busy few weeks  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

2.) Making fish and chips for dinner  [smiley=chef.gif]

3.) Don't have much planned for the weekend ,so it looks like gardening is in order  [smiley=daisy.gif]

4.) Dreaming of holidays  [smiley=hat.gif]

5.) Have some PF, so currently rolling my feet across the pointy rollers.  At least working from home means I can do this easily!  [smiley=bulb.gif]
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8546 on: June 10, 2022, 02:41:22 PM »
Friyay!

It HAS been a busy few weeks!

1.  Back in our home.  Things are not finished and not progressing.  Builder wants to "knock it all out in one day" after the sink run for the worktop is put in place for the THIRD time (they've had to order another slab and it's not fast apparently).  They aren't going to knock it all out in one day....  Anyways....

2.  Work has been crazy, but easing just enough.

3.  Kids are doing great.  Daughter was invited to represent her school at Madjeski stadium today and continues to amaze me at her diving lessons.  Son is turning into a massive chatterbox with a very creative imagination.

4.  Finally see Alicia Keys on Monday after it being postponed in 2020 and 2021!

5.  We got our bedroom furniture on Tuesday and it has been lovely to sleep in our new room in our new bed.  Super king!  WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #8547 on: June 17, 2022, 09:33:30 AM »
FRIYAY!!!

I mistakenly thought this would be a quiet week at work.  HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA!

1.  CEO is officially off on holiday now, so I should be able to do some unpacking today.  Lord knows I've already completed more than 40 hours this week! 

2.  I'm happy to have air conditioning!!!!  Make fun of it all you want, this is my forever home and I can choose the temperature inside.

3.  We didn't get home from Alicia Keys on Monday until 2:30 in the morning.  If it could go wrong with transport it did.  But we actually DID get home.  We genuinely didn't think we would. 

4.  Tomorrow night is QUEEN & ADAM LAMBERT.  I am SO SO SO SO SO excited!  Our babysitter is staying the night (FIRST TIME EVER!) and we have a hotel room in London.  A cocktail bar booked at 11pm.  WE ARE GOING TO BE WILD.  We need to be home by 10am Sunday for swimming and Father's Day though.  Kids were super excited about their babysitter staying but are getting nervous now.  Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

5.  Absolutely no progress on the house this week.  They are waiting for the sink run worktop to be completed before "finishing it all in one day".  Which it can't be finished in one day.  I'm most annoyed that we STILL don't have a downstairs toilet.  Our babysitter is disabled and while she can climb stairs, I hate that she doesn't have the option of a downstairs toilet.  I'm probably grasping by using that as a reason to be annoyed.  Basically I'm annoyed that we've spent the most insane amount of money on a house and we still don't have a downstairs toilet!!!!!!! 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #8548 on: June 17, 2022, 10:12:29 AM »
Have an amazing weekend KFDancer!

1.) Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachooooo.. ... Allergies galore!  [smiley=hanged.gif]

2.) Heat wave? What heat wave?  ??? 

3.) Couple of band/orchestra rehearsals this weekend  [smiley=mickey.gif]

4.) Been sleeping like garbage. So. Tired.  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

5.) Got an Octoberfest fermenting away.  Next up, Pumpkin Stout,to be ready for autumn.  [smiley=smart.gif]
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #8549 on: June 17, 2022, 10:33:56 AM »
My Friday Five:

1. Only 2.5 weeks left of my Ascension tour… my flight home was brought forward by a week, so I’m leaving a bit earlier than I expected

2. That does mean only 2.5 weeks to work on my tan though!

3. On a whim, I booked myself a week-long trip to Orlando for a week after I get home. It’s a bit risky given that the flights here can be really unreliable (I was delayed 4 days coming out here) but I was feeling spontaneous :P

4. They’re offering second Covid boosters to the island in a couple of weeks… I’m hoping to get one before I leave, though the only day they can schedule a clinic is the day before my flight home!

5. I’m hopefully going to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo with my family in August… I have a ticket for it, and I should have that weekend off work, but the roster hasn’t been officially issued yet, so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links