Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What is DH?  (Read 7412 times)

• Love!
  • Liked: 0
What is DH?
« on: November 01, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »
I thought it was someone's name at first. Then I saw it everywhere. What does DH stand for?
4/14/05- First Met
5/11/05- Dating
Summer 05- His first visit to US
Fall 05- His 2nd visit to US
Winter 05- My first visit to UK
Spring 06- His 3rd visit to US
Summer 06- My 2nd visit to UK
Fall 06- His 4th visit to US
Summer 07- His 5th visit to US
Fall 07- My 3rd visit to UK
Spring 08- His 6th visit to US

May 11 is our 3 year anniversary! =D

Re: What is DH?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:38:59 PM »
I believe it stands for "Darling Husband" but I may be wrong!

Anne

• Because he's a surfer and i'm a scot!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »
I use it...the H is for Husband.  For me the D can be anything...Dumb, Darling, Dear, Deaf, Dorky, Dangerous, Dumpling, Dingbat etc..but that all depends on what he's been up to lately!   ;D

But yes, Darling Husband is probably right.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 12:15:51 AM »
Is it then safe to assume that using DF would be Dear Fiance?  :)

Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide to the future.

• I miss you so much. My heart is forever broken.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 01:48:12 AM »
Is it then safe to assume that using DF would be Dear Fiance?  :)

yes

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 10:08:45 AM »
OK I may get slammed on this one but I find it all annoying! I usually write hubby or hubs or even Frank I mean how long does it take to type HUSBAND or BOYFRIEND or even SON? I think I tried the DH,DS, etc a few times but it just felt weird.
  I know I'm probably the only one who finds it annoying but I just wanted to mention it. I'm probably just in a mood today  ::)   ;D

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 10:17:08 AM »
I feel weird using the abbreviations, too.  It's just not natural for me.  I don't even use LOL.

So DP....I mean darling Pebbles  :D--you're not the only one.  :)
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 10:24:28 AM »
I don't mind DH (which I think of as "dear husband" not "darling husband"), don't like DF (but then I'm not too terribly fond of the word fiance, I prefer FH- future husband.)  I kind of look at them as just another internet abbreviation, I guess *shrug*
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 10:27:18 AM »
I feel weird using the abbreviations, too.  It's just not natural for me.  I don't even use LOL.

So DP....I mean darling Pebbles  :D--you're not the only one.  :)
ROTF LMAO DA! LOL   ;)    ;D 

I don't mind DH (which I think of as "dear husband" not "darling husband"), don't like DF (but then I'm not too terribly fond of the word fiance, I prefer FH- future husband.)  I kind of look at them as just another internet abbreviation, I guess *shrug*
I know. Most folks on the net use abbreviations of some sort. It's the the DD, DS, DH, DF, etc that I find annoying   ::)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 11:10:56 AM »
I use bf for boyfriend. But I think that's in part because 'boyfriend' is such a silly word to use when you're both our age!  ;D
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 12:49:24 PM »
I don't find DS, DH, DD, etc. annoying when other people use them.  I just feel weird about using them myself.  I think it's because I don't use phrases like "darling daughter" "dear husband" when referring to my family in "live" conversations.
doing laundry

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 01:01:39 PM »
I know. Most folks on the net use abbreviations of some sort. It's the the DD, DS, DH, DF, etc that I find annoying   ::)

I'm sure I'll be unpopular with this, but here goes.

I can deal with the DH/DS/DQ stuff, although I do find it a bit irritating.  However, it's the people who insist on using textspeak in posts that drive me up a wall.  Is it really that hard to write 'you are', 'you're' or 'your' instead of 'ur'?

I use bf for boyfriend. But I think that's in part because 'boyfriend' is such a silly word to use when you're both our age!  ;D

How about 'lovah'? ;D

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 01:10:03 PM »
I'm sure I'll be unpopular with this, but here goes.

I can deal with the DH/DS/DQ stuff, although I do find it a bit irritating.  However, it's the people who insist on using textspeak in posts that drive me up a wall.  Is it really that hard to write 'you are', 'you're' or 'your' instead of 'ur'?

Oh FunGirl I feel your pain!  I *hate* text speak, whether it's on internet sites, email, or even *gasp* texts!  Especially "u" for you- that in particular drives me crazy.  Maybe I'm a dork, but I always spell out my words even in text messages...
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 01:11:16 PM »
OK I may get slammed on this one but I find it all annoying! I usually write hubby or hubs or even Frank I mean how long does it take to type HUSBAND or BOYFRIEND or even SON? I think I tried the DH,DS, etc a few times but it just felt weird.
  I know I'm probably the only one who finds it annoying but I just wanted to mention it. I'm probably just in a mood today  ::)   ;D

Nah, it's not just you.  I never used DH (or DF, or whatever) until I started hanging around this forum - I've always just said "Chris."  I mean, I talk about him enough that people should know who he is!  ;D  But when in Rome....

Darn.  Now I want to go to Rome.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab