Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Has the UK Really Gotten Like This????  (Read 7211 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 0
Re: Has the UK Really Gotten Like This????
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2009, 12:56:26 AM »
If what you are claiming happened (Chinese people moved to Japan, settled, and created separate country) happened, that's not immigration.  That's members of a single country moving postcodes and then losing contact with the old neighbourhood.

You don't need to go back thousands of years to see immigration in England.  It's happened since people lived here, but it's been pretty much ongoing.   People who want to "preserve English culture" are usually talking about preserving an idea about a brief period of time in the UK (and a romanticised idea about that time as well).

Please educate me, which period would that be??? 

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2009, 01:02:33 AM »
Please educate me, which period would that be??? 

1950.  Somewhere in the home counties.

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2009, 01:05:10 AM »
Oh and when did two British people make up the the way the majority think in the UK?  who is generalizing now?

And i suspect why more British that think like i do are not chiming in, becuase they don't want to be ganged up on like i have been with outragoues acusations of being a racist and worse. Yea, freedom of thought alive and well i guess.......

I think you are sadly mistaken.  Yes we are a limited group of Brits on here. Surely tho..again with your reasoning...we have a better place to say things about England than somebody stabbing a opinion from overseas and is not a native citizen and has not lived here for a period of time.  Not that is even really the issue.  You are also recieving feedback from Americans that have lived here too...yet you are fighting their responses.  No one has said you are racist.  I have not either, yes I have been on the recieving end of being misunderstood about a racist issue...so as I said earlier, if you are trying to suggest something other than what your posts are saying..be very careful how you continue on this thread.  I am certainly not attacking you in any shape or form..its just some friendly advice.
I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

• Banned

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2009, 01:15:12 AM »
Yes, believe me I know that his "one liner" limited insults are just to raise your back up  but you are suggesting that we don't "mingle" as a population and keep ourselves segregated.  If that is the case, and you feel very strongly about it, why do you want to come here?  not attacking you, but based on what you are saying..surely you would be happy to stay in the states?

Are you anti cultures mingling or anti colours? because you seem to be suggesting the later...

Honestly, i am anti-culture mingling,  not racial mingling. And i am not happy in the states for that reason. We dont that traditional things anymore, it seems like everything changes every other year. And now that we have more of a Hispanic popluation, everything is changing to that kind of culture. And i don't think their culture is less than mine, but i dont want to be surounded with it either. I mean every time you call somewhere or read official government documents, it is half english and half spanish. This is getting ridiculous. My culture is English, now it may not be British English culture per se, but darn close. I have always admired Birtish culture though, for as long as i can remember, I thought that your culture ws the true english culture and i felt as if i have some watered down crap version of it here in the states. I dont know why the "founding fathers" of the states and its people did not contiue their culture, i mean they were all British, so it is not much of a stretch considering. I want to live in a coutnry that shares my culture, which i feel is england more so than the states. Hoeslty, if i had a choise i would have been born in enlgand, at least i would feel part of a land, cutlure, and people more so than now here in the states. i don't know maybe I'm dreaming, but i feel like a freaking gypsy or somehting, like i dont belong anywhere. Cus the more i think about it even if i do move to enlgand and live, i wont really be british ever. I wont fully understand people's thinking, becuase i was not raising and educated there. i would probably feel like a visitor, i mean hell, i dont think i will get down the accent at age 24, i think i too late for that, so i will sound like a visitor too. But at the same time i think i will be better off there, for some reason, becuase at least i can relate to the culture more. I know comeing from someone who has never been there, it is a tall order. but in my defence i do keep up very closely with Birtish news, and entertainment, and i dont mean BBC America only, lol. so this does not qualify me as british, i know, but i feel i have more in common with your cultre more that mine (whatever the hell it is this year).

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2009, 01:20:31 AM »
Honestly, i am anti-culture mingling,  not racial mingling. And i am not happy in the states for that reason.

Well, then you certainly won't be happy in the UK either!
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2009, 01:21:05 AM »
thought that your culture ws the true english culture and i felt as if i have some watered down crap version of it here in the states. I dont know why the "founding fathers" of the states and its people did not contiue their culture, i mean they were all British, so it is not much of a stretch considering. I want to live in a coutnry that shares my culture, which i feel is england more so than the states.

American was NOT just founded by the British , and if we had really kept the "true" culture, that would be Native American, not British!

I consider myself very American, but my ancestors were a very diverse group from many different cultures/countries.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:23:24 AM by ImissEngland »
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

• Banned

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2009, 01:21:30 AM »
Well, then you certainly won't be happy in the UK either!

is this true? has traditional English culture gone out the window?

cus the person with the Obama quote (don't get me started on that mess) is impliying that.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:34:45 AM by S2B EX-PAT »

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2009, 01:22:26 AM »
is this true? has traditional English culture gone out the window?

In our global society, you are never going to find a place to live with just one particular "type" of person from one particular culture.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

• Banned

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2009, 01:24:27 AM »
American was NOT just founded by the British , and if we had really kept the "true" culture, that would be Native American, not British!

I consider myself very American, but my ancestors were a very diverse group from many different culture/countries.

Yes it was, give me a break. the founding fathers were all British, the orignal 13 colonies were setup by the British. I dont care that Irish, Italians, Germans, etcs came over the years, but America was esablished by the British. You cant rewrite history to suite your needs, i'm sorry. Crack open a history book and learn please. George Washington was orignally a BRITISH officer, who was our first President. That is just a small tid-bit i'll give you.

And when i say America, i dont mean the "Americas" i mean the America you live in now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:27:11 AM by S2B EX-PAT »

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2009, 01:35:02 AM »
Not all were founded by the British.  Some were won or negotiated by the British and were in British hands at the time of the Revolutionary War.  Not everyone who lived in the colonies were English or British or the descendents of Brits.

ETA:
A good example is New York
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:37:33 AM by Legs Akimbo »

• Banned

• Lucky's Playlist
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2009, 01:36:09 AM »
Honestly, i am anti-culture mingling,  not racial mingling. And i am not happy in the states for that reason. We dont that traditional things anymore, it seems like everything changes every other year. And now that we have more of a Hispanic popluation, everything is changing to that kind of culture. And i don't think their culture is less than mine, but i dont want to be surounded with it either. I mean every time you call somewhere or read official government documents, it is half english and half spanish.

That is the evolution of population...you will find instances of that happening all over the world..not just the states or england. once you have experienced life here, depending on where you live..you may find yourself in a similar situation depending on how the local community of people is made up.  I am sure there are parts of the states that have not been "culturally overrun" as you seem to suggest...compared to where you currently live.  There is nothing wrong with it...if you don't like it..move to another state.  

Just swap your opinion position a little.  What if you come here and find some people Anti-American? it does happen sometimes.  This is why you need to be very careful in what you are saying.  You coming over here..is culturally mingling.  You will be coming to live and mingle amongst people that are not your own.  Don't be fooled by films such as "Sense & Sensibility" because we as a culture are far more diverse than that these days.  ;D

Basically, you are not living by the standards you are dictating. Which is why I am a little confused by you.  ???

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:56:45 AM by Mindy »
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

• Banned

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2009, 01:38:35 AM »
Not all were founded by the British.  Some were won or negotiated by the British and were in British hands at the time of the Revolutionary War.  Not everyone who lived in the colonies were English or British or the descendents of Brits.

yes not all, i realize that, but majority was you cant deny that. And i am pretty astonished that people are really clueless about how America has we know it know got started. Boston Tea party ring a bell?  who was that against?  who were the "colonists" revoloting agianst in the American Revolution? where where they colonists from?  answer those questions and you'll know who established the 13 colonies and set the course of esablishing America.

• Banned

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2009, 01:41:36 AM »
 This is why you need to be very careful in what you are saying.  You coming over here..is culturally mingling.  
See I dont seee it as such, becuase i am not changing the exisitng culture, i am following it. If i were to change it then mingling takes place. I am more like a catalyst.

• Banned

• Lucky's Playlist
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2009, 01:44:16 AM »
See I dont seee it as such, beause i am not changing the exisitng culture, i am following it. i i were to change it then mingling takes place. I am more like a catalyst.

How could you not see it as such?  You are American, not English, Scottish or Welsh.  You can deny your own American status as much as you like....but you are still American.  No matter what part of the world you live in.

• Banned

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2009, 01:44:31 AM »

ETA:
A good example is New York

I got this after i made that other post. But answer me this, Who were the first colonists to allow the dutch and others to come in?  

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab