Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The official UKY inlaw venting thread  (Read 95767 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: The official UKY inlaw venting thread
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »
Ill join in on this one.

MIL has a strange obession about food, she just doesnt think its necessary, EVER!  She would eat dry bran flakes for every single meal!  She seems to think two chicken breasts can feed a family of four, anything more than half a tuna sandwich for lunch is far too much and lunch is a "gift" to yourself because you dont "need" it, thinks a half a cup of rice is enough to feed 3 people, and you cant have the same meat for dinner two nights in a row even if its prepared differently, or even in the same week for that matter!  If we have meatloaf on a sunday, any idea of taco's, burgers or anything to do with hamburger(mince) is out of the question!  If you drink soda you instantly get diabetes as well.  I could go on and on and on here!

Sorry rant over.  We are making dinner now, we got 1lb of chicken thigh meat to use in a casserole to serve 4 people, 3 of which are men.  Hmmmpf!     [smiley=bomb.gif]
October 8, 2007:  Met!
October 8, 2010:  UK Entry Clearance Recieved! (3 Year Anniversary!)
January 6, 2011:  Civil Partnership Ceremony!
March 7, 2011:  FLR(M) Granted!
January 24, 2013:  Passed Life In UK Test
February 28, 2013: ILR Granted!

« Reply #661 on: March 23, 2011, 12:21:29 PM »
Im going insane!

« Reply #662 on: March 23, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »
Hang in there Torred!

« Reply #663 on: March 23, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
Ill join in on this one.

MIL has a strange obession about food, she just doesnt think its necessary, EVER!  She would eat dry bran flakes for every single meal!  She seems to think two chicken breasts can feed a family of four, anything more than half a tuna sandwich for lunch is far too much and lunch is a "gift" to yourself because you dont "need" it, thinks a half a cup of rice is enough to feed 3 people, and you cant have the same meat for dinner two nights in a row even if its prepared differently, or even in the same week for that matter!  If we have meatloaf on a sunday, any idea of taco's, burgers or anything to do with hamburger(mince) is out of the question!  If you drink soda you instantly get diabetes as well.  I could go on and on and on here!

Sorry rant over.  We are making dinner now, we got 1lb of chicken thigh meat to use in a casserole to serve 4 people, 3 of which are men.  Hmmmpf!     [smiley=bomb.gif]

Wow.. I feel for you!!  Does she have an eating disorder?

« Reply #664 on: March 23, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
No, she just feels food is un-necessary.  She bought a piece of ham for us to share between 5 people that was about half the size of an american football

« Reply #665 on: March 23, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
Can you make your own meals? Maybe try and work out a time with the in laws where once a week you and your OH can cook.

« Reply #666 on: March 23, 2011, 12:55:35 PM »
To be honest I do most of the cooking just with the stuff she provides, and when I Cook one one my "american" recipes she says its far too rich and only eats a tiny bit of it.

« Reply #667 on: March 23, 2011, 02:16:54 PM »
No, she just feels food is un-necessary.  She bought a piece of ham for us to share between 5 people that was about half the size of an american football

remember a portion of meat is only the size of a pack of cards :) Maybe you could add more veggies as side dishes or garlic bread or something.

Sounds like she has a thing about it, and if so then there's probably no getting around it, as it's likely to be deeply ingrained.

« Reply #668 on: March 23, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »
To be honest I do most of the cooking just with the stuff she provides, and when I Cook one one my "american" recipes she says its far too rich and only eats a tiny bit of it.

Maybe cooking "american" recipes is your answer.  If MIL only eats a tiny bit of it, there's more for everyone else.  Does FIL have an opinion?  Does he has a secret stash of food somewhere?

I do feel for you.  Your situation has got to be mega-frustrating.
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
Helen Keller

« Reply #669 on: March 23, 2011, 04:26:44 PM »
She sounds OCD to me.
 ;)

« Reply #670 on: March 23, 2011, 08:21:46 PM »
Perhaps she's stuck in the "wartime" days/way of thinking. I know that doesn't make things any better, though. Big hugs to you, Torred!
Amor Vinicit Omnia=Love Conquers All.

« Reply #671 on: March 23, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
Maybe cooking "american" recipes is your answer.  If MIL only eats a tiny bit of it, there's more for everyone else.  Does FIL have an opinion?  Does he has a secret stash of food somewhere?

I do feel for you.  Your situation has got to be mega-frustrating.

LOL! FIL loves it when I cook cos he gets a good amount of food lol, and he has his stash of biscuits "cookies" hidden from her, but she knows where it is lol.

It is frustrating, but I got a job offer today and we will begin looking for a place in about 6 months or so.

« Reply #672 on: March 29, 2011, 11:22:50 PM »
Went to see the MiL this past Sunday afternoon to say goodbye and spend some time with her before we left for the US this week. When we showed up she looked at us and said that she wasn't expecting us until the evening and that she was just setting down to have her dinner but that we could stay if we didn't have anywhere else to go.

The entire time we were there she sat in a corner on a chair and read the newspaper. She kept making rude comments to DH about moving away and that we were isolating her and that she woudl have to fend for herself from now on. She shouted at DD when she was playing with the few chairty shop toys that she has there for her. When we were leaving DH handed her the set of keys she had given us years ago and then she looked at me and said 'Well goodbye since I'll never see you again. I never cared for you one bit and i hope you're happy ruining my family.'

Yep, overjoyed biatch. ::) And on that note we left. Oh, and she is going to take DD's toys that were kept there and sell them at a tabletop sale that they have now and then where she lives. So much for keeping momentos of your only grandchild. I seriously dispise that woman...(sigh) but I feel so badly for DH, it's his mother afterall.

« Reply #673 on: March 29, 2011, 11:33:06 PM »
Went to see the MiL this past Sunday afternoon to say goodbye and spend some time with her before we left for the US this week. When we showed up she looked at us and said that she wasn't expecting us until the evening and that she was just setting down to have her dinner but that we could stay if we didn't have anywhere else to go.

The entire time we were there she sat in a corner on a chair and read the newspaper. She kept making rude comments to DH about moving away and that we were isolating her and that she woudl have to fend for herself from now on. She shouted at DD when she was playing with the few chairty shop toys that she has there for her. When we were leaving DH handed her the set of keys she had given us years ago and then she looked at me and said 'Well goodbye since I'll never see you again. I never cared for you one bit and i hope you're happy ruining my family.'

Yep, overjoyed biatch. ::) And on that note we left. Oh, and she is going to take DD's toys that were kept there and sell them at a tabletop sale that they have now and then where she lives. So much for keeping momentos of your only grandchild. I seriously dispise that woman...(sigh) but I feel so badly for DH, it's his mother afterall.

Honestly, I think the best thing you could do for your DH, your lovely DD and yourself is take them as far away from a person as toxic as that as possible.

I assume she's handling the hurt she feels at you all moving away in a severely negative manner and am inclined to feel sorry for her, but I've also seen loads of your posts so am also inclined to believe she's just a horrible bitter person.

I couldn't be happier for you guys, that you're starting a new life closer to your non-awful parents where your DD will have the familiar love and support system she deserves and not have to be near this woman.

Think of all the stressful crap you wont have to put up with anymore!!!

« Reply #674 on: March 30, 2011, 02:06:49 AM »
I couldn't agree more!

I wish you and your family all the best Weby.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab