Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline  (Read 264337 times)

• Liked: 113
Re: Non-priority Spousal Visa Timeline
« Reply #2955 on: January 31, 2018, 06:58:41 AM »
Thanks. Yes when you said early this week I had just heard we had a decision but couldn't say anything out of fear of another denial.

It may have just been pure chance but when our case was escalated the call centre were the ones that told me we would have to hear a response within 15 BD from the escalation. And we did. Again, it could just have been luck but it did happen like they said.

Also, our MPs case worker was REALLY helpful. She told me you do have to use your area MP not any MP as apparently they have cracked down on this recently, but they do have direct lines to speak to a human in a department who can access information about your application. She was able to get a lot more information for us than any other channel could and she pressed them for info a few times a week. I am sure not all MPs can provide the same service (Northern Ireland MP offices may be less busy  ;)) but worth a shot once you get to 60 BD.

Congrats and so happy for you!!!

It really sucks to be away from your loved ones. Our 2yo doesn’t understand why dad is not with us and refuses to facetime with him. He’s also become very clingy to me. Possibly he thinks I might leave him too 🙁

Good to know we can try to reach out to an MP if nothing happens in 60BD. We are 53BD from online application but only 36BD from docs sent to Sheffield because we were late in mailing the docs. From when is the 60BD counted?
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2956 on: January 31, 2018, 07:02:23 AM »
It’s counted form the day you receive the email from Sheffield acknowledging receipt of your application.

• Liked: 113
« Reply #2957 on: January 31, 2018, 07:04:29 AM »
It’s counted form the day you receive the email from Sheffield acknowledging receipt of your application.

We never got an email confirmation though. So I guess I’ll just count from the date UPS tracking says the docs were delivered to Sheffield.
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

« Reply #2958 on: January 31, 2018, 07:15:54 AM »
We never got an email confirmation though. So I guess I’ll just count from the date UPS tracking says the docs were delivered to Sheffield.

Yes, that’s the best you can do in that situation. Hoping for as short a wait as possible for you. 

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2959 on: January 31, 2018, 08:59:38 AM »
Thanks. Yes when you said early this week I had just heard we had a decision but couldn't say anything out of fear of another denial.

It may have just been pure chance but when our case was escalated the call centre were the ones that told me we would have to hear a response within 15 BD from the escalation. And we did. Again, it could just have been luck but it did happen like they said.

Also, our MPs case worker was REALLY helpful. She told me you do have to use your area MP not any MP as apparently they have cracked down on this recently, but they do have direct lines to speak to a human in a department who can access information about your application. She was able to get a lot more information for us than any other channel could and she pressed them for info a few times a week. I am sure not all MPs can provide the same service (Northern Ireland MP offices may be less busy  ;)) but worth a shot once you get to 60 BD.

Great news.  Glad to hear an MP was able to make a difference.  :)

• Liked: 14
« Reply #2960 on: January 31, 2018, 03:45:30 PM »
Decision Made email received this morning! Now the REAL waiting begins - fingers crossed.
Arrived in UK:   22-Feb-2018
Nationality:  US Citizen; wife is UK Citizen
FLR(M)Online application:  25-Jul-2020 anticipated

« Reply #2961 on: January 31, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »
Great news.  Glad to hear an MP was able to make a difference.  :)

We too contacted MP - 3 business days later we got a Decision Made email.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #2962 on: January 31, 2018, 04:32:17 PM »
Decision Made email received this morning! Now the REAL waiting begins - fingers crossed.

Congrats RichC! I hope that Masonjohnsmum and I are not too far behind you. I think that I'm at BD 42 at this point, so hopefully just a bit longer.
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

« Reply #2963 on: January 31, 2018, 04:37:47 PM »
Congrats RichC! I hope that Masonjohnsmum and I are not too far behind you. I think that I'm at BD 42 at this point, so hopefully just a bit longer.
Good luck to both of you! For me it came at BD 62 following Biometrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2964 on: January 31, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »

Congratulations! Fingers crossed!

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #2965 on: February 01, 2018, 03:28:17 PM »
Approved!! :) Just picked up my docs from UPS today...then cried in the parking lot for a bit. Hahahaha.

Rock on! ;0)
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #2966 on: February 01, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »
We got our decision made email Jan 23 and an approval Jan 30. Provided 30 days to travel from the 23rd.  :)

Hang on everyone, your day is coming. I thought mine never would but lots of faith and patience helped. I can't wait to be reunited with my husband.

Score!  ;0)
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

« Reply #2967 on: February 02, 2018, 01:53:26 PM »
"Decision-Made" email received this morning! Now the REAL waiting begins - fingers crossed.
As if the suspense wasn't enough already, UPS now informs me they've mis-sorted the package and there's a delay in delivery! Was supposed to arrive today by 7:00 pm, now no estimate from UPS  >:(

• Bless your heart ♥
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #2968 on: February 02, 2018, 02:11:55 PM »

I can definitely attest to the power of the MP. That was the ONLY reason I got an explanation letter for my daughter's refusal. They had it within 24 hours, also, so I was very impressed with that.

Not so impressed with UKVI. They finally sent me an email containing the letter.... A month after her passport was sent back and my visa was approved.

Im currently dealing with the 'issue' that caused her to be denied, and will be reapplying for her again sometime later this year.

At least I learned my lesson and will apply priority, even though I'm sure hers will take even longer since being denied previously.

Fingers crossed for all you lovely folks. Your day will come, then once here go have yourself a couple pints and a Bakewell tart. If you're in the East Midlands area - even better on you! ☺️☺️☺️
USA
Documents returned-Me approved, Daughter rejected: 09/10/2017
Moved to UK w/ spouse visa: 13/10/2017
Custody order finalized: 24/7/2018
DD online submission: 03/8/2018
Biometrics done: 16/8/2018
Application mailed: 21/8/2018
App Received email: 24/8/2018
Request for IHS Pymt: 28/8/2018
Decision Made: 21/9/2018
Doc received: 24/9/2018- DD APPROVED!

• Liked: 9
« Reply #2969 on: February 02, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »
As if the suspense wasn't enough already, UPS now informs me they've mis-sorted the package and there's a delay in delivery! Was supposed to arrive today by 7:00 pm, now no estimate from UPS  >:(

This happened to us too! It was out for delivery and then ended up back in the sorting centre as the "label was illegible". It came the following day late in the evening. It's like they know the pain! Hang in there, RichC.
Type of Application:  Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority) Second time applying; first was denied
Country applying from:  USA
Nationality:  UK Citizen; husband is US Citizen
Biometrics:  12 Oct
Online application:  16 Oct
Package sent:  17 Oct
Package arrived:  19 Oct
UKVI receipt of application:  30 Oct
UKVI "non straightforward" email: 24 Nov
Decision made email: 23 Jan
Approval: 30 Jan

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab