Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My new citizenship thread because my other one got Olgaed*  (Read 3818 times)

• Liked: 1327
My new citizenship thread because my other one got Olgaed*
« on: October 22, 2018, 01:03:16 PM »
For those who are concerned (thank you for your concern, larrabee!), this is where I'm at:

Over the weekend, I:
 - sorted out my British national over 25 referee, as well as my professional of any nationality referee
 - had fresh passport photos made
 - collected a passport application from a post office
 - confirmed all of my online citizenship application responses

Today, I:
 - already completed the appropriate sections of the passport application, including the payment mandate page
 - will double-check my citizenship application tonight and submit it and pay for it
 - after submitting my application, I'll print the things that need printing and put my supporting documents together in a safe place to have ready to go

Tomorrow, I will enjoy a fun/relaxing day.  My husband has the day off!  Yay!

Wednesday, I will take my supporting documents and go into Swansea for my NDRS + JCAP appointment.  My husband coincidentally was already scheduled to be off work on Wednesday, too, so he will drive us even though he does not need to be there for this one.  Then we'll go to Denny's for lunch, because he wants to try it (!!), and I'm certainly happy with that!

After the panic of last week, I am back to sorted and on top of things... and I *should* be receiving a red passport early next year!

* Is this rude?  Should I edit the topic?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6110
Re: My new citizenship thread because my other one got Olgaed*
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
For those who are concerned (thank you for your concern, larrabee!), this is where I'm at:

Over the weekend, I:
 - sorted out my British national over 25 referee, as well as my professional of any nationality referee
 - had fresh passport photos made
 - collected a passport application from a post office
 - confirmed all of my online citizenship application responses

Today, I:
 - already completed the appropriate sections of the passport application, including the payment mandate page
 - will double-check my citizenship application tonight and submit it and pay for it
 - after submitting my application, I'll print the things that need printing and put my supporting documents together in a safe place to have ready to go

Tomorrow, I will enjoy a fun/relaxing day.  My husband has the day off!  Yay!

Wednesday, I will take my supporting documents and go into Swansea for my NDRS + JCAP appointment.  My husband coincidentally was already scheduled to be off work on Wednesday, too, so he will drive us even though he does not need to be there for this one.  Then we'll go to Denny's for lunch, because he wants to try it (!!), and I'm certainly happy with that!

After the panic of last week, I am back to sorted and on top of things... and I *should* be receiving a red passport early next year!

* Is this rude?  Should I edit the topic?

Awesome!  ;D. So proud of you for getting it done!   ;D

Please don't change the title, it couldn't be better!  ;D

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 01:21:19 PM »
Awesome!  ;D. So proud of you for getting it done!   ;D

Thanks, larrabee!  After last Thursday's phone call, I didn't think it was going to work out for me, and I was really stressed.  But now I'm really proud of me for getting it all sorted, too.  Yay!  We're both proud of me!

Please don't change the title, it couldn't be better!  ;D

hehe  Phew.  I thought I was pushing the boundaries a bit with it.  But if you approve, it must  be okay.  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 01:33:41 PM »
So glad you sorted it!! Good luck with your appointment and enjoy your trip to Denny's!

(I don't know if anyone else did, but I reported the comment because it was completely infuriating...)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »

hehe  Phew.  I thought I was pushing the boundaries a bit with it.  But if you approve, it must  be okay.  :)

I think it's perfect!   ;D

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »
So glad you sorted it!! Good luck with your appointment and enjoy your trip to Denny's!

(I don't know if anyone else did, but I reported the comment because it was completely infuriating...)

Thanks!  I didn't eat at Denny's so much back in the states (at least, not in the last decade or two!), so my expectations can't lead to disappointment like it does with so many other UK interpretations of US brands.  I'm sure this will be perfectly fine.

Yeah, I was annoyed that she ruined my thread, but it was amusing that I said I was doing NDRS, and she immediately told me how bad the council people are at NCS (a different service that doesn't even exist anymore).  She demonstrated her ignorance in her very first line, so I wasn't bothered by her on my thread (other than getting it locked).  My main issue with her was that she was replying to new members, giving them bad information, and it could cause people to have their very expensive visa applications rejected.

• Liked: 216
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 02:00:52 PM »
Ok, I have been away all weekend and apparently missed the craziness. I saw your subject title and was so confused by it. But, I'm up to speed now and wow... But I am totally LOLing at the new verb you created in the subject title. It's amazing!!  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

Anyway, I'm glad your citizenship process is moving along nicely!! Almost there!  :)
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 387
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 03:40:27 PM »
Love the title.  ;)

I've lost track though; aren't the passports going to be blue in the future?  Or are they still going to be red? 

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 03:42:49 PM »
Love the title.  ;)

I've lost track though; aren't the passports going to be blue in the future?  Or are they still going to be red?

They are going to be blue but they're still red at the moment.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/blue-uk-passport-to-return-after-eu-exit

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 03:47:19 PM »
Love the title.  ;)

Sounds like they won't be issued as blue until a few months after we have left the EU .

This is what the government have said about it (published Dec 2017 - not sure if there have been any updates since then):

To save the taxpayer money, the newly designed passports will be introduced in a phased approach.

After the UK leaves the EU, burgundy passports will continue to be issued but with no reference to the European Union.

New blue and gold passports will be issued from October 2019, when the new passport contract begins, to those renewing or applying for a new passport.

There is no need for British passport holders to do anything ahead of their current passport renewal date.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/blue-uk-passport-to-return-after-eu-exit

• Liked: 424
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 09:15:00 PM »
Yay for jfkimberly!!

Oh, and that was my reasoning for my comment on my post....also locked but well worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 12:46:10 PM »
My application is submitted, and all of my supporting documents are sitting in a plastic sleeve, waiting to be safely transported to my NDRS+JCAP appointment tomorrow.

I asked a question about bioemtric enrolment in JennyEye's citizenship timeline thread, and then phoned the local authority to ask directly... apparently, they do NOT do the biometric enrolment at the NDRS appointment, so I will need to do that myself at a post office.  But I don't have to do it prior to the appointment, do I?  Just as soon as possible (or within 10 BD?) so that my application is completed faster?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 12:58:31 PM »
My application is submitted, and all of my supporting documents are sitting in a plastic sleeve, waiting to be safely transported to my NDRS+JCAP appointment tomorrow.

I asked a question about bioemtric enrolment in JennyEye's citizenship timeline thread, and then phoned the local authority to ask directly... apparently, they do NOT do the biometric enrolment at the NDRS appointment, so I will need to do that myself at a post office.  But I don't have to do it prior to the appointment, do I?  Just as soon as possible (or within 10 BD?) so that my application is completed faster?

I thought when you submitted the application online, it generated the biometric letter for you?  So that you don't have to wait for it in the post...  have a dig. 

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 01:22:17 PM »
I thought when you submitted the application online, it generated the biometric letter for you?  So that you don't have to wait for it in the post...  have a dig.

It does/did.  But I don't know if I have to submit it prior to my appointment, or just within 15 days.  My checklist says I have to bring the biometric letter with me to my appointment, so ... SCRATCH THAT!  I just looked at the checklist again, and it doesn't say to bring it.  I'm going to submit my biometrics after my appointment tomorrow.  It's sorted.  I'm back on top of things.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 02:00:12 PM »
It does/did.  But I don't know if I have to submit it prior to my appointment, or just within 15 days.  My checklist says I have to bring the biometric letter with me to my appointment, so ... SCRATCH THAT!  I just looked at the checklist again, and it doesn't say to bring it.  I'm going to submit my biometrics after my appointment tomorrow.  It's sorted.  I'm back on top of things.

You've got this. 

Sponsored Links