Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics  (Read 46973 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: IDV App Info - for Applications Reusing Biometrics
« Reply #780 on: December 14, 2020, 12:43:43 PM »
Go back and do it all again, call the phone line, contact the MP. Good luck.

I just called again and got someone who was very rude.

She was clearly just reading from a script and was super rude when asked questions, she said they cannot escalate cases or do anything and we just have to wait since they are still working on cases from January (I think she said that because I mentioned I applied April).

When I also mentioned our issue with remortgage, she said we need to go and talk to citizens advice to solve our issue (??) or talk to a mortgage broker. Our mortgage broker was the one that told us we need the new valid BRP card.

Citizens advice website tell us to contact MP. My MP already contacted HO and got no reply.

This it’s like going around in circles and being mistreated whenever we reach someone from HO.

I am very anxious and whenever I think of this, I just keep crying. I am lost.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #781 on: December 14, 2020, 12:48:41 PM »
I was just going to post the same thing I applied in March and did biometrics in August. Sent a letter to my MP 2 weeks ago and he’s sent a letter to HO. I feel like I’m just going in circles at this point. Where exactly are our applications?? People that did biometrics in sept/oct are getting decisions now!!! There has to be a way to solve this as we’ve been out in the dark for way to long!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry you are also in this situation. At least knowing my case shows you that you are not alone.

Doesn’t make anything better at the end of the day.

I just called again and was treated so badly by the person on the phone. They are probably stressed and taking out on other people calling.

Tried calling again and got another person who basically said nothing can be done.

All emails from HO I could find I sent something, never got any response.

The worst part is that I know people who applied and had more complex cases than mine and got a decision within 2 weeks. It is so unfair.

• Liked: 287
« Reply #782 on: December 14, 2020, 01:34:55 PM »
It really is a waste of time ringing them, you are only spending more money - I would advise people not to give them a penny more and waste time calling up.
If the MP has not received a reply, that just goes to show the mess that the HO are in. I would get the MP to constantly put an email/letter into HO until they are forced to reply back.

The blatant disregard is astonishing.
Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

• Liked: 27
« Reply #783 on: December 14, 2020, 10:49:28 PM »
I wonder if an immigration advisor could help you guys. It was an option recommended when I made my own phone call about the visa. I'm not sure if I can give a direct website link on this forum, but you can find the page on the government website by typing in "immigration advisor."
I do think there may be a fee attached to an advisor, however.
-Non-priority spousal visa & son's settlement visa-
Date of visa application: 26 April (27 April GMT) 2017
Visas received: 3 August 2017
-FLR(M) -
Date of visa application: 7 April 2020
Date of IDV app invite: 7 September 2020
Date of IDV completion: 14 September 2020
Additional document email: 7 December 2020
Application result email: 9 December 2020
BRPs received: 14 December 2020

« Reply #784 on: December 14, 2020, 11:03:06 PM »
I wonder if an immigration advisor could help you guys. It was an option recommended when I made my own phone call about the visa. I'm not sure if I can give a direct website link on this forum, but you can find the page on the government website by typing in "immigration advisor."

You'd expect there a fee to be attached with it. The question is, how much does it cost and are you willing to spend further money?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #785 on: December 15, 2020, 07:00:02 AM »

Unfortunately an immigration advisor wouldn't be in a position to help with how long an application takes to process, although I expect there are some who would take the money anyway.

« Reply #786 on: December 16, 2020, 08:50:59 AM »
It seems to have gone very quiet lately on here, any recent approvals?

• Liked: 55
« Reply #787 on: December 16, 2020, 09:31:44 AM »
Nothing as of yet, unfortunately. I'm not going to even try to phone them up.

I had asked my MP two weeks ago if they could be of assistance and he emailed me back a day later and said he had sent a letter on my behalf to the HO. Yesterday he sent me another email saying that he's sent another letter (I didn't even have to ask!) because he hasn't heard anything. He said that we most likely won't be hearing much from them because of the holiday period and many being off. I kind of was thinking the same myself - I guess here's hoping for a better 2021.

I work in a law firm and am close with the immigration partner and he's saying the same thing....so we're all kind of in the same crap boat and at the mercy of those doing our applications.

Keep on keeping on friends!!
Met in U.K. September 2015
Engaged May 2016
Married March 2017 in USA
Biometrics May 16 2017
Sent application out May 19 2017
Acknowledgement Email from Sheffield May 24 2017
Upgraded Retroactively July 8

« Reply #788 on: December 16, 2020, 10:48:57 AM »
When does the Home Office workers break up for Christmas?
Obviously, there won't be anyone processing applications over Christmas.

• Liked: 55
« Reply #789 on: December 16, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »
When does the Home Office workers break up for Christmas?
Obviously, there won't be anyone processing applications over Christmas.
I would assume it’s random and different for each person and they’ll get the public holidays...but can’t assume anything right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Met in U.K. September 2015
Engaged May 2016
Married March 2017 in USA
Biometrics May 16 2017
Sent application out May 19 2017
Acknowledgement Email from Sheffield May 24 2017
Upgraded Retroactively July 8

« Reply #790 on: December 16, 2020, 10:52:56 AM »
We will hopefully see some more results soon, there is still a little time before Christmas.
Hang in there everyone.

« Reply #791 on: December 16, 2020, 11:06:19 AM »
A nice Christmas present from Home Office would be an approved status and BRP sent out.
Fingers crossed we see a mass of approvals before Xmas.

• Liked: 98
« Reply #792 on: December 17, 2020, 07:25:19 AM »
Hi folks! Some good news - got my decision made/ approval email! Slightly embarrassed to say this came last week and I’m only seeing it now lol

I thought I’d added the right senders to my VIP list so I’d get a notification. Nope. This was a new address and got lost in my inbox. If it helps anyone else, the sender was FLRMDecisions@homeoffice.gov.uk and the subject starts with “IMPORTANT NOTICE from the Home Office.” You’d think I would’ve seen that straight away  [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

Here’s my timeline: I submitted on 25 JUL and uploaded docs shortly thereafter. Received my IDV invitation on 8 SEP and submitted it the next day. I haven’t tried calling/escalating etc. Decision email received on 9 DEC. I count 97 wd from date of submission to decision (65 wd if you just count from IDV submission). Such a relief!

I’m slightly worried it’s now been 6 wd since the approval and no BRP. We brought a house in the middle of all this and completed at the end of October. I updated my address using their online form in November and got an automated confirmation email. I’m hoping they’ve not sent it to the old address. The letter says to go to www.gov.uk/brp if not received within 10 wd so I’ll wait until next week. For now I’m just glad the wait is (almost) over.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on decisions!
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20
IDV: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (n/a)
Approval: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
——————————————
ILR
Applied: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23
——————————————
Citizenship
Online App: 24 Feb 24
Bio Appt: 2 Mar 24
Awaiting Decision

« Reply #793 on: December 17, 2020, 07:54:41 AM »
Hi folks! Some good news - got my decision made/ approval email! Slightly embarrassed to say this came last week and I’m only seeing it now lol

I thought I’d added the right senders to my VIP list so I’d get a notification. Nope. This was a new address and got lost in my inbox. If it helps anyone else, the sender was FLRMDecisions@homeoffice.gov.uk and the subject starts with “IMPORTANT NOTICE from the Home Office.” You’d think I would’ve seen that straight away  [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

Here’s my timeline: I submitted on 25 JUL and uploaded docs shortly thereafter. Received my IDV invitation on 8 SEP and submitted it the next day. I haven’t tried calling/escalating etc. Decision email received on 9 DEC. I count 97 wd from date of submission to decision (65 wd if you just count from IDV submission). Such a relief!

I’m slightly worried it’s now been 6 wd since the approval and no BRP. We brought a house in the middle of all this and completed at the end of October. I updated my address using their online form in November and got an automated confirmation email. I’m hoping they’ve not sent it to the old address. The letter says to go to www.gov.uk/brp if not received within 10 wd so I’ll wait until next week. For now I’m just glad the wait is (almost) over.

Congratulations!  :)

« Reply #794 on: December 17, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »

Congratulations and thank you for sharing the email address, I have added this to my safe sender list and setup a rule so any emails from the address are sent to a separate folder in my inbox.

Sponsored Links