Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process  (Read 9093 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2022, 09:10:20 AM »
    Thanks for the quick response  :) I just want to ensure I understand your responses correctly.

If the pay change was more than 6 months ago, they need explicit confirmation of this to confirm that he meets Category A using the salary of £20,350.
what explicit confirmation? He just told me he started earning the additional pay since JUNE 2021 so it is relevant and needs to be mentioned. He talked to HR today and we need to send over an email with exactly what needs to be added to the employer letter by tonight!

So to be clear,
  • is it correct to have JULY 2021-FEB2022 for payslips confirmed as authentic in the letter?
  • when she confirms the pay change being JUNE 2021 does it have to say the exact day?
  • when she explains the pay deposit date being different from the payslip dates does she need to list JULY 2021-FEB 2022 each deposit date to confirm those are the dates the company sent out payment?

It must be signed and dated… and this date must be no more than 28 days before your online application date. Same with payslips and bank statements, the latest of each must be dated no more than 28 days before your online application date.
The last payslip is Feb 27th he is getting that signed dated today. The last bank statement he is requesting an early statement since it typically arrives by 20th of this month. Do bank statements need to be signed and dated? He has official bank statements he received in the post for SEP 2021-Jan2022 only AUG 2021 and FEB 2022 are e-statements. We are working on getting a new letter.

You have to put an Intended Travel Date on the form - it’s a required field… because this is the date they will use to work out when your visa will start - it’s your opportunity to have a say in when you move.

Thanks for the explanation and examples! I have an idea of what to put down now.

It depends on the reason for the different dates. If it’s something standard like the payslip is always dated the last day of the month, but payday is the last working day of the month (which is how my pay works), then it should be okay to just state that fact.
I haven't seen the bank statements to notice because he plans to send them all at once when we have the bank letter. I only noticed because when we were talking he mentioned his pay gets deposited on different dates around the same date and I thought that seems like it would need to be mentioned/explained.
If however, there’s a different reason for individual payslips to be deposited on different days, for example, there was an HR issue or a system failure one month and the deposits weren’t made as planned, then that would need to be explained for the specific payslip(s) affected.
I will ask him today and find out if it is always random or if it is always a pattern like 2 days after or before the payslip date.

[/list]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 11:06:21 AM by mattandliz »

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2022, 10:49:13 AM »
what explicit confirmation? Are you referring to mentioning the date of the pay changes in the employment letter?

The original salary is £20,000 so it would still be category A. I am waiting to find out how long it has been since his raise. If it has been under then we do not need to explain anything else, right?

They need written confirmation of the date of the pay rise… so they can check that either:
- his pay rise was more than 6 months ago (for Category A)
Or
- his pay rise was less than 6 months ago AND his previous pay was more than £18,600 (for Category A)

If there is no confirmation of the date of the pay rise, they won’t be able to work out which financial category he meets.

Do bank statements need to be signed and dated? He has official bank statements he received in the post for SEP 2021-Jan2022 only AUG 2021 and FEB 2022 are e-statements. We are working on getting a new letter.

Statements received in the post or printed in branch are considered official

Statements printed at home from online banking must either be:
- stamped by the bank on every page
Or
- accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2022, 11:19:22 AM »
They need written confirmation of the date of the pay rise… so they can check that either:
- his pay rise was more than 6 months ago (for Category A)
If there is no confirmation of the date of the pay rise, they won’t be able to work out which financial category he meets.

He started earning the additional pay since JUNE 2021 He talked to HR today and we need to send over an email with exactly what needs to be added to the employer letter by tonight!

So to be clear, I have 3 questions
is it correct to have JULY 2021-FEB2022 for payslips confirmed as authentic in the letter?
when she confirms the pay change being JUNE 2021 does it have to say the exact day?
when she explains the pay deposit date being different from the payslip dates does she need to list JULY 2021-FEB 2022 each deposit date to confirm those are the dates the company sent out payment?

Statements received in the post or printed in branch are considered official

Statements printed at home from online banking must either be:
- stamped by the bank on every page
Or
- accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity

The bank is far from where he lives so he will likely ask for another letter to prove authenticity. The previous letter is insufficient since you said it must state each e-statement we included is authentic. So we will request another bank letter that states AUG 2021 and FEB 2022 are authentic e statements from HSBC asking for it to be signed/dated.  UPDATE* The bank has agreed to mail all the statements from AUG 2021 to FEB 2022 to him in the post so all are on official bank stationary
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:11:54 PM by mattandliz »

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2022, 11:30:27 AM »
So to be clear, I have 3 questions
is it correct to have JULY 2021-FEB2022 for payslips confirmed as authentic in the letter?

If the latest payslip is Feb 2022, then you need the following 7 months payslips (and corresponding bank statements):
August 2021
September 2021
October 2021
November 2021
December 2021
January 2022
February 2022

when she confirms the pay change being JUNE 2021 does it have to say the exact day?

Yes, it should be the exact date.

when she explains the pay deposit date being different from the payslip dates does she need to list JULY 2021-FEB 2022 each deposit date to confirm those are the dates the company sent out payment?

It depends on the reason for the different dates. If it’s always the same situation each month, for example, he is always paid on the last working day, then all the letter needs to state is something like:

“Our payslips are always issued on X of the month but are deposited into the bank on the last working day of the month, which is not always the same date as the payslip date”

But if there are specific payslips that are different to all the others, those must be explained individually… for example:

“Our payslips are always issued on 25th of the month, and are deposited into the bank on the same date. However, the December payslip was deposited on 23rd December 2021 due to the Christmas holiday.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2022, 12:11:55 PM »
Thanks for the fast response! I really appreciate it ;D
2 companies are involved since it's a bigger company that owns the place where he works. The bigger company's name is therefore on the contract and payslips as well as the deposits. The smaller company is who is explaining the pay rise and the pay deposits as well as their connection to the bigger company since the smaller company is the one that approved the pay rise, and sends out the payments. 

Included an update of where we are right now in the process with our checklist. Items in red are what we are missing.

Applicant (me)
Passports (new and old)
Biometrics page stamped
the first page of online application
return shipping label and return envelope
cover/contents letter

Sponsor
photo page of his UK passport
Letter of support signed with wet signature

Financial
7 months payslips t Aug 2021-Feb2022
7 months  bank statements Aug 2021- Feb 2022 - should arrive in the mail within 5 days
letter from HR about employment - waiting on letter explaining deposits being different from payslip dates, adding payrise date
Employment contract
p60

Accommodation
letter on behalf of the landlord with a wet signature
Tenancy agreement
Roommate letter with wet signature
Roommate passport photo page

Proof of Relationship
2 photos of us together 2020 and 2021
Facebook screenshots 3 pages Feb 2019-2022
All Snapchat screenshots
All Whatsapp Screenshots
All Instagram Screenshots
Boarding Passes to and from the US to UK (four trips)

Proof Intent to Marry
Email chain with registration in the UK- calling to get a response and asking for the discussion about dates  available to be emailed
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 02:37:22 PM by mattandliz »

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2022, 11:54:23 AM »
 ;D Update! We got everything we need yesterday and I have formatted all the documents in PDF or JPEG for images. I just have a few questions listed below.

• Does the letter of support and contents letter need to contain our home addresses?

• I noticed in the letter of support and contents letter refer to the visa differently with mine saying for a marriage settlement visa and his saying to join me in the UK on a Marriage Visa are both correct for a fiance visa?

• Do we need to mention that the bank statements that were mailed say duplicate because we requested Aug-Feb twice? or is it fine because they're all mailed, on bank stationery?

Very excited and nervous, going to fill out the application today. Just wanted to make sure this is the right link for our visa (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/appendixfm) and then select Appendix FM Partner?

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2022, 12:06:46 PM »
Does the letter of support and contents letter need to contain our home addresses?

I don't think anyone has actually asked that before. If you're writing them as formal letters, then I guess so?

I noticed in the letter of support and contents letter refer to the visa differently with mine saying for a marriage settlement visa and his saying to join me in the UK on a Marriage Visa are both correct for a fiance visa?

I guess the visa is technically called a 'settlement visa for the purpose of marriage to a UK citizen', but 'marriage visa' or 'marriage settlement visa' should both be fine - it's the word 'marriage' that is important, as it shows you are currently engaged and planning to marry in the UK, rather than spouses who are already married.

When you apply online (assuming the options haven't changed), the visa type will be:

Settlement -> Settlement -> Marriage

Do we need to mention that the bank statements that were mailed say duplicate because we requested Aug-Feb twice? or is it fine because they're all mailed, on bank stationery?

As they have all been mailed, they will be fine.

Very excited and nervous, going to fill out the application today. Just wanted to make sure this is the right link for our visa (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/appendixfm) and then select Appendix FM Partner?

Yes, that looks correct to me.

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2022, 02:42:14 PM »
It asks why do you not live with your partner
I put I am American and cannot live with my partner until after I apply to settle in the UK with him.

Is that wrong?

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2022, 02:57:56 PM »
It asks why do you not live with your partner
I put I am American and cannot live with my partner until after I apply to settle in the UK with him.

Is that wrong?

No, that's completely correct.

You cannot live with your partner because you live in different countries and you do not yet have a visa to legally live with him.

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2022, 03:01:32 PM »
 :) Thanks! I will be posting again as questions arise today, I am working on it now.

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2022, 06:49:14 PM »
What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?

Do i need to add for this or do i just put what the letter says 20350

Also I put Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount because his monthly payslip has different amounts each month all above the requirement. After it asks if i will provide 12 months worth though instead of six.

Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application

A letter from Matthew employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming
1. the employment;
2. the gross annual salary;
3. how long the employment has been/was held;
4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and
5. the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

If Matthew is a crown civil servant you must also provide an official letter from Matthew head of mission confirming the above and also confirming the start date and expected end date of their tour of duty outside the UK.

Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly

Optionally, I will also provide the following documents as additional evidence:
(Required)

A P60 for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon

A signed contract of employment
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:49:44 AM by mattandliz »

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2022, 07:39:14 PM »
Sorry for additional questions, but I changed the last answer to say The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount and entered in 20350

Mandatory documents

These documents are mandatory and you must provide them as part of your application. Tick the box to agree that you will provide each document:

It asks for:
my US passport
his BIO page in passport
Proof that we are unmarried partners neither of us are married its asking for Provide official documents showing that you have been living at the same address. The documents must cover the whole of the past 2 years
Proof that we intend to marry within 6 months
One proof of British citizenship for him (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate)- do I provide his passport twice?

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2022, 08:03:59 PM »
What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?

Do i need to add for this or do i just put what the letter says 20350

You should put what it says in the letter because they will check the figure you enter against what it says in the letter to make sure they are the same.

Also I put Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount because his monthly payslip has different amounts each month all above the requirement. After it asks if i will provide 12 months worth though instead of six.

Ah, it sounds like maybe they haven't fixed the bug in the application after all - it's supposed to tell you to only send 6 months if you select that option, but there has been an error in the form for a number of years where it defaults to 12 months, even though you qualify under Category A and only need to send 6 months.

From what others had said, I thought it had been fixed, but maybe that's only the case for in-country applications and not applications submitted outside the UK.

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2022, 08:11:43 PM »
You should put what it says in the letter because they will check the figure you enter against what it says in the letter to make sure they are the same.

okay the letter mentions his current salary is 20350 after pay rise

From what others had said, I thought it had been fixed, but maybe that's only the case for in-country applications and not applications submitted outside the UK
is it correct to select it is the same amount continuously and above the requirement or should i select that it varies even though it is asking for me to agree to provide 12 months when I do that?

What do I do about it asking me to confirm I will provide proof of being unmarried and living with him for 2 years, that does not apply to me do I skip ticking that box if though it says required

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2022, 08:57:36 PM »

okay the letter mentions his current salary is 20350 after pay rise

Yep, that's the figure you need to use.

You put his current salary on the application form, and then they will make sure that the employer has confirmed this salary in their letter.

is it correct to select it is the same amount continuously and above the requirement or should i select that it varies even though it is asking for me to agree to provide 12 months when I do that?

I think what we've advised in the past is to tick the box that means it asks for only 6 months of income instead of 12 months, because what the question is really asking is: 'have you been earning more than £18,600 for the whole 6 months?'

So I would tick the 'same amount continuously, above the requirement' box.

What do I do about it asking me to confirm I will provide proof of being unmarried and living with him for 2 years, that does not apply to me do I skip ticking that box if though it says required

You should not be ticking that box. In fact, I don't think the form should even ask you that question, as that is a requirement for a different visa, which you do not qualify for: the Unmarried Partner visa.

Can I just confirm that you have selected the correct visa type on the application form?

As you are applying for a fiance visa, you should have selected Settlement -> Marriage

If you selected Settlement -> Unmarried Partner, you are applying for the wrong visa and will need to go back and start again, selecting Marriage as the visa type instead.

The Unmarried Partner visa is a 33-month visa for people who have no plans to marry but have been legally living together in a 'relationship akin to marriage' for at least 24 consecutive months before applying for the visa - and they have to provide proof of that. You do not qualify for this visa because a) you are planning to get married and b) you and your fiance have not legally lived together in the same country yet.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab