Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Current naturalisation/citizenship waiting times  (Read 82444 times)

• Liked: 6
Re: Current naturalisation/citizenship waiting times
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2015, 08:57:44 AM »
Hi guys I got my approval letter today. I applied on April 20th so got it almost exactly 4 months later. Gosh! Anyways it says on my letter that they will issue my certificate in my married name but I need to change my us passport to my married name too if I want a British passport to be issued. Otherwise they will refuse the application. Can anyone help me with this. As I understand it takes up to 8 weeks to get a new U.S. Passport then a further 6-8 weeks for the UK passport. I'm really worried as I want to travel to see my family soon. Do you think it's possible to apply for my UK passport in my maiden name and just sort it all out after travelling or will they not issue a passport in a name that's different to my naturalisation certificate?

Thanks for any help.

Hopefully they do the same to me as I was concerned they might issue it in my maiden name.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2015, 08:14:47 PM »
So you have to make a special request to have the documents returned and it doesn't stop the application?
: It does not. Naturalisation is entirely different ball game as it entails that you are settled prior to it. Using Nationality Checking Service is good if you don't know much about filling the application and getting the right documents. If you have indefinite leave to remain, you can always ask for your documents to be returned citing either travel or identity purposes - selecting NO when asked if you are withdrawing the application. I got my passport n BRP within 2 days and the application is ongoing

« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2015, 09:07:25 AM »
: It does not. Naturalisation is entirely different ball game as it entails that you are settled prior to it. Using Nationality Checking Service is good if you don't know much about filling the application and getting the right documents. If you have indefinite leave to remain, you can always ask for your documents to be returned citing either travel or identity purposes - selecting NO when asked if you are withdrawing the application. I got my passport n BRP within 2 days and the application is ongoing

Thanks, I've got no travel plans, but it's good to know it's possible in case an emergency came up.

« Reply #258 on: October 21, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »
Hello! I'm applying this Friday - finally booked in my appointment with the NCS.

Quick question though... I've filled in my referee section myself and just had them sign (it's quite obvious as my handwriting is really distinct and different to theirs) - do you think that will fly or should I get them to redo? I'll have to get in touch with them first thing if thats the case...

« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »
Hello! I'm applying this Friday - finally booked in my appointment with the NCS.

Quick question though... I've filled in my referee section myself and just had them sign (it's quite obvious as my handwriting is really distinct and different to theirs) - do you think that will fly or should I get them to redo? I'll have to get in touch with them first thing if thats the case...

I had my referees complete the section themselves in addition to signing...I don't know if it matters really but I was just trying to be extra careful. It doesn't say anywhere that they have to complete it so maybe just leave it as is. Just my two cents though! Good luck.

« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »
Current timeline for me

Documents posted to Liverpool - 10th October
Documents received in  Liverpool - 12th October

Still no payment taken or acknowledgement received.

« Reply #261 on: October 23, 2015, 04:58:10 PM »
Current timeline for me

Documents posted to Liverpool - 10th October
Documents received in  Liverpool - 12th October

Still no payment taken or acknowledgement received.
: It's gonna take between 11 to 20 days for direct credit/debit.
Then 3 days after that, you will receive Biometric/acknowledgement letters.
Hint: Be prepared to do it immediately to avoid delays,
Goodluck Shandy

« Reply #262 on: October 23, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »

: It does not matter. If they are in doubt, they (HO) will contact your referees for clarification. Good luck though http://www.talk.uk-yankee.com/Smileys/classic/smiley.gif [nofollow]

• Liked: 3
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2015, 04:17:44 PM »
Once you receive the biometric letter, how much time are you given to complete it? I applied in early Sept and still have not received the biometrics letter. I'm starting to get concerned it may arrive during an upcoming 4-week trip abroad ...

• Liked: 387
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2015, 06:34:17 PM »
Yay!

Basis:  Marriage to UKC (ILR and 3+ years residency)
Applied through NCS:  21 Aug 2015
Application received by Home Office: 24 Aug 2015
Payment deducted: 03 Sep 2015
Letter of acknowledgement: 08 Sep 2015 (dated 02 Sep 2015)
Letter requesting biometrics: 08 Sep 2015 (dated 02 Sep 2015)
Biometrics enrolment:  09 Sep 2015
Letter of approval and invitation to citizenship ceremony:  24 Oct 2015 (dated 19 Oct 2015)

« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2015, 06:44:29 PM »
Once you receive the biometric letter, how much time are you given to complete it? I applied in early Sept and still have not received the biometrics letter. I'm starting to get concerned it may arrive during an upcoming 4-week trip abroad ...

Based on my timeline, that's quite a while without any follow up.  I applied through NCS and the Home Office received my application 24 Aug, and I got the biometrics request letter 08 Sep.  So, that was about 15 calender days.  If you applied early Sep and it's now almost Nov, it might be worth inquiring to see what's going on.  Is it possible the letter got misplaced?  Do you live in a flat complex, and could it be possible a neighbor accidentally got the letter?  I get letters for neighbors frequently; it seems our post people can be a bit hurried when distributing mail in our boxes.

This is what my letter said:

You have up to 15 working days (from the date of this letter) to enrol your biometrics.  Otherwise your application may be rejected as invalid.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2015, 12:49:30 PM »
Based on my timeline, that's quite a while without any follow up.  I applied through NCS and the Home Office received my application 24 Aug, and I got the biometrics request letter 08 Sep.  So, that was about 15 calender days.  If you applied early Sep and it's now almost Nov, it might be worth inquiring to see what's going on.  Is it possible the letter got misplaced?  Do you live in a flat complex, and could it be possible a neighbor accidentally got the letter?  I get letters for neighbors frequently; it seems our post people can be a bit hurried when distributing mail in our boxes.

This is what my letter said:

Thanks Aquila! We live in a house, but like you, we've also gotten letters addressed to neighbors from time to time, although quite often these are for houses not even on our street. If someone else received our letters, I'd have to knock on every door in our neighborhood to find them ... not really possible!

So I guess I need to chase up the Home Office. They list a fax number and an email address; anyone had luck actually getting through to them on either of those channels and what kind of response time did you have?

« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2015, 01:10:36 PM »
Thanks Aquila! We live in a house, but like you, we've also gotten letters addressed to neighbors from time to time, although quite often these are for houses not even on our street. If someone else received our letters, I'd have to knock on every door in our neighborhood to find them ... not really possible!

Yeah, that's not really feasible to chase up with neighbors then.  :(  We have a central mail center for about 12 flats, and it's really easy to ask around if you think a mail item has accidentally gone to another flat. 

So I guess I need to chase up the Home Office. They list a fax number and an email address; anyone had luck actually getting through to them on either of those channels and what kind of response time did you have?

I've not personally so can't comment, but hope you're able to get a resolution soon!!

« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2015, 03:49:05 PM »
I feel so concerned that you have not been issued with Biometric Letter since you applied. It might interest you that I applied on the 9 Sept, 2015 n had my Biometric on the 26 Sept., 2015. You need to email:nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk stating you name, payment reference and home office reference, then REASON. The mistake might be from NCS... don't quote me because I never used them
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:53:59 PM by Big Daddy »

« Reply #269 on: October 25, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »
Yay!

Basis:  Marriage to UKC (ILR and 3+ years residency)
Applied through NCS:  21 Aug 2015
Application received by Home Office: 24 Aug 2015
Payment deducted: 03 Sep 2015
Letter of acknowledgement: 08 Sep 2015 (dated 02 Sep 2015)
Letter requesting biometrics: 08 Sep 2015 (dated 02 Sep 2015)
Biometrics enrolment:  09 Sep 2015
Letter of approval and invitation to citizenship ceremony:  24 Oct 2015 (dated 19 Oct 2015)
A BIG congrats Aquila! Enjoy yourself guy

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab