Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 316557 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #6570 on: November 04, 2019, 03:13:07 AM »
I feel like im the only one who did not get the ECO email? does that happen? Im on 11 WD since biometrics, priority visa and not even a  receipt they have it.

It's not unusual not to get an email but it's early days yet so it could still arrive. As long as your tracking information tells you it got there, you know they have it and it will be processed.  Try not to worry.  :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6571 on: November 04, 2019, 12:59:58 PM »
I am going on 16 WD without any email yet. I guess I will continue to wait to see.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6572 on: November 08, 2019, 01:06:26 PM »
Well that was fast. I received an email on 10/6 that my application was being reviewed and today (10/8) I received an email that a decision has been made! 20 WDs. I hope a fast decision means approved!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6573 on: November 08, 2019, 01:47:42 PM »
Well that was fast. I received an email on 10/6 that my application was being reviewed and today (10/8) I received an email that a decision has been made! 20 WDs. I hope a fast decision means approved!

It does, refusals take time.  :D

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6574 on: November 10, 2019, 04:29:10 PM »
Hello everyone, we have applied for wife (who is in the US) for visa (priority) and paid all fees. Her biometrics appointment is in a few days.

1. What must she bring in with her to this appointment?

2. After her appointment, husband/sponsor in UK will take all supporting docs to one of the walk-in centres for scanning INSTEAD OF sending anything to NYC HUB. Is this a good idea, or better to send everything off to NYC instead?

3. If UK sponsor does take all supporting docs to UK centre (they say sponsor gets all docs back the same day), what exactly must be bring with him?

4. What happens to her passport and biometrics stamped sheet after her biometrics appointment? Must she send them off to NYC alone, or does she just take a copy of both and send to husband in UK to submit with other supporting docs?

I hope someone can help us with these answers as we keep asking and haven't gotten precise clarity so far. Thank you everyone who replies!!!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6575 on: November 12, 2019, 09:13:04 AM »
Update so Far:
SettlementVisa (priority)
Online Application: Oct 16,  2019
Biometrics/Documents scanned/sent: Oct 21 2019
Documents Received email: None, I had to chase up customer service on Oct 28, 2019, they replied" application being considered and awaiting a decision
Prepared by ECO email: Nov 12, 2019 - 17 WD

Hopefully not too long now  ::)

• Liked: 10
« Reply #6576 on: November 12, 2019, 10:53:39 AM »
@collins1111 - Keeping an eye on your timeline because you’re 2 days ahead of us, fingers crossed for a decision soon!

Our current timeline:

Online submission - 18th Oct 2019

Biometrics - 23rd Oct 2019

Documents received email - 24th Oct 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 13
« Reply #6577 on: November 12, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »
Hello everyone, we have applied for wife (who is in the US) for visa (priority) and paid all fees. Her biometrics appointment is in a few days.

1. What must she bring in with her to this appointment?

2. After her appointment, husband/sponsor in UK will take all supporting docs to one of the walk-in centres for scanning INSTEAD OF sending anything to NYC HUB. Is this a good idea, or better to send everything off to NYC instead?

3. If UK sponsor does take all supporting docs to UK centre (they say sponsor gets all docs back the same day), what exactly must be bring with him?

4. What happens to her passport and biometrics stamped sheet after her biometrics appointment? Must she send them off to NYC alone, or does she just take a copy of both and send to husband in UK to submit with other supporting docs?

I hope someone can help us with these answers as we keep asking and haven't gotten precise clarity so far. Thank you everyone who replies!!!

All of the information you are asking is located on the VFS/UKVI website -
My husband/sponsor brought the docs the a centre in the UK - I did not sent them to NY - heard horror stories about that.
OCT 28 2019   ONLINE PRIORITY SPOUSAL VISA APPLICATION
NOV 5, 2019    BIOMETRICS
NOV 6, 2019    UKVI EMAIL-ONLINE APPLICATION RECEIVED
NOV 7, 2019    DOCS SCANNED IN UK/PASSPORT R'CVD IN NY
NOV 28, 2019  DECISION MADE EMAIL (17WD - BIOMETRICS)
DEC 4, 2019     VISA RECIEVED-APPROVED -  21WD TOTAL
DEC 30, 2019   ARRIVED IN THE U.K.

« Reply #6578 on: November 12, 2019, 01:34:47 PM »
Hello all - been following this forum for months and couldn't figure out how to make posts - finally realized I had to have a subscription!

This forum as been most helpful - I just submitted my application on October 28th.  Went to the selected USCIS ASC and it had big sign on it "CLOSED" - I almost had a stroke.  Was able to go to another location the next day with an apt - (probably because I was crying like a baby). When I tried to reschedule the appt on the VFS website, it kept giving the same closed sight - in fact it is still accepting appts for that location - pathetic.
Then when my husband brought the documents to Cardiff to have them scanned - he arrived before 9am and waited ...and waited...the office never opened  - no one ever showed up.  The receptionist at the building's front desk got a phone call the "guy wouldn't be in" - how do you have ONE person running an office ?  Again- pathetic.  He had to drive 3 hours to another location to get it done.

I got an email before I had sent in my documents/passort that they had received my application.  Now it's just sit and wait.
Does the countdown clock from date of application of the date all the paperwork/documents are recorded ?

OCT 28TH    VISA APPLICATION SUBMITTED ONLINE
NOV 5TH      BIOMETRICS
NOV 6TH      GENERIC EMAIL ONLINE APPLICATION RECEIVED
NOV 7TH      DOCS SCANNED IN UK/PACKAGE RECEIVED IN NY
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:08:42 PM by REGIT »

« Reply #6579 on: November 12, 2019, 01:38:39 PM »
one more thing  -

I didn't have the option to pay for the priorty service through VFS - I paid the priority on the UKVI website - it was definitely for the settlement priority service and I highlighted the PRIORTY PAID on all the docs and wrote PRIORITY on the outside of the envelope.

Has anyone else experienced this ??  I believe it may be because of the new way they are processing things ??

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6580 on: November 12, 2019, 02:07:48 PM »
one more thing  -

I didn't have the option to pay for the priorty service through VFS - I paid the priority on the UKVI website - it was definitely for the settlement priority service and I highlighted the PRIORTY PAID on all the docs and wrote PRIORITY on the outside of the envelope.

Has anyone else experienced this ??  I believe it may be because of the new way they are processing things ??
This is the new way they are doing things. Hopefully it leads to less confusion over which packages are priority when the documents have been received! You are one of the first to go through the new process, so I would recommend keeping a log of any problems you encounter so you can file a complaint at the end. You may be able to get some of your fees back for all of that inconvenience!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6581 on: November 12, 2019, 03:47:54 PM »
REGIT,

Thanks for replying! I was being told by some on this forum that I cannot have my husband/sponsor in the UK send anything as they don't accept to scan US docs in the UK, but it did say this after we submitted our application and my husband went to Bradford yesterday into the walk-in center and confirmed that they DO accept to scan docs for people applying from the US!

It seems hardly anyone knows these new regulations, but I am glad you were able to finally get your docs scanned!

Hope it works out well for you. If you don't mind, can you post a list of all supporting docs you had scanned at the UK center? It woudl really help us.

Also, after your biometrics in the US, exactly what did you send off to NYC (passport, whole application printed, and biometrics stamped sheet)? Anything else?

Thank you!!

« Reply #6582 on: November 12, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »
REGIT,

Thanks for replying! I was being told by some on this forum that I cannot have my husband/sponsor in the UK send anything as they don't accept to scan US docs in the UK, but it did say this after we submitted our application and my husband went to Bradford yesterday into the walk-in center and confirmed that they DO accept to scan docs for people applying from the US!

It seems hardly anyone knows these new regulations, but I am glad you were able to finally get your docs scanned!

Hope it works out well for you. If you don't mind, can you post a list of all supporting docs you had scanned at the UK center? It woudl really help us.

Also, after your biometrics in the US, exactly what did you send off to NYC (passport, whole application printed, and biometrics stamped sheet)? Anything else?

Thank you!!

I sent all of my documents in emails to my husband and he printed them out on A4 paper to have them scanned in the U.K.
It worked out perfectly in that sense.
The supporting docs are really dependent on your individual situation but I included the following:
bank statements showing the necessary savings to meet the criteria, currency converter printout of USD to GDP of amount in account on day of submission, letter stating where the funds came from, letters of support from my in-laws, letters from each of us, my diplomas/resume, Appendix 2, facebook messenger printout of various dates/photos from our meetings together/wedding, letter from our realtor stating the conditions of tenancy are met, etc.

The sponsor in the UK MUST also bring his/her passport and a copy of the applicants passport as well.

I sent my passort, biometrics form, application printout, document checklist printout (stating the docs were scanned in the UK), 2 passport photos (just in case) and a printout of my receipt from UKVI showing I paid for priority service.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 04:26:26 PM by REGIT »

« Reply #6583 on: November 12, 2019, 06:02:10 PM »
Just received my ‘priority’ decision

Submitted: July 3rd
Biometrics: July 9th
Docs Received: July 19th
Paid email: Aug 22nd
Told not in priority (Mp escalated): Aug 27th
Today - Sept 5th - decision made (no attachment)

Good luck to all and thanks for the advice

Did you pay the priority fee thru VFS or UKVI ?  Just curious - I'm going to be contacting them regarding all these mishaps.

« Reply #6584 on: November 12, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »
REGIT,

Thank you!!

https://www.migrate.org.uk/spouse-visa-uk-2018/#spouse-visa-uk-appendix-2-vaf4a-form

The above is a website I found that was EXTREMELY helpful in case you haven't come across it -

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab