Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Quarantine beers/bevvys  (Read 16431 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Quarantine beers/bevvys
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2020, 02:06:17 PM »

x0Kiss0fDeath, you can actually get C02 injectors that will inject a layer of C02 over the beer and protect it so it lasts longer. They also dispense too.  They use those CO2 bulbs you have there for your pressure barrel

Home brew version

Amazon one

Or even more sophisticated keg dispensers

Must say they don't last too long over a weekend in my house between the two of us!  ;D

Ooohhhhhhh are you able to use them with just any keg (like this type for example - https://www.turningpointbrewco.com/product-page/disco-king-5l-mini-keg-local-delivery-only) or is it only on certain types?

Some weekends we drink loads and others we drink nought (and by nought i mean like 1 or 2 on a friday/saturday 0-1 on a sunday) and there's no rhyme or reason to it or ways to know if we will drink enough in advance! Hahah

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2020, 02:07:51 PM »
The keg dispenser you need specific compatible ones don't you? I've only evwr seen ones that need specific kegs to he made with the exception of legit bar quality systems or homemade kegs/kegerators which i've considered making. This could be a game changer PB....

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2020, 02:12:13 PM »
Yeah, any mini keg with a vent valve at the top and the dispense plug valve at the bottom will work on the dispenser and the Klarstein.  So would work fine on those 'Turning Point' kegs.

The Phillips perfect draft system has kegs that you can't reuse* and you can seemingly only buy certain types of beer for them (usually commercial lagers)

*Mini kegs you can reuse and fill with homebrew
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2020, 02:43:20 PM »
Yeah, any mini keg with a vent valve at the top and the dispense plug valve at the bottom will work on the dispenser and the Klarstein.  So would work fine on those 'Turning Point' kegs.

The Phillips perfect draft system has kegs that you can't reuse* and you can seemingly only buy certain types of beer for them (usually commercial lagers)

*Mini kegs you can reuse and fill with homebrew
You're a ledgeeee! Will need to look into this more for sure! I like that little CO2 keggie looking bit on amazon to be honest

My, how time flies....

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2020, 02:07:51 PM »
Made a weissbier yesterday. Now it needs to ferment away. Weissbiers at least you drink young for the best flavours, so it should be ready in a month!

Landlord clone is super duper yummy!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2020, 02:26:44 PM »
Made a weissbier yesterday. Now it needs to ferment away. Weissbiers at least you drink young for the best flavours, so it should be ready in a month!

Landlord clone is super duper yummy!
Ooohhhhhh pics when it's done please! I've ordered more beers (as probably expected at this point. One is a chocolate chip ice cream pale ale.. 

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 585
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2020, 10:36:26 AM »
My OH was going to Glasgow today to pick up some beer from Grunting Growler (dear God, that name...).  He told me to leave my car unlocked in my office car park, and just texted me to say he's left a present in my car for me.  So I bolted out there to see, and he's left me 4 cans of Northern Monk Faith, 4 cans of Loch Lomond Lost in Mosaic, and 1 can of Verdant Where Does The Time Go!  Not tried that one before, so looking forward to getting that wee belter chilled!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2020, 10:38:29 AM »
Aww, nice boyfriend!! Did you get your mini keg Albatross?
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2020, 10:43:42 AM »
Yep, I did... it arrived on Friday, but I didn't get it chilled, so drank it on Saturday and Sunday.

He's not a bad boyfriend!  ;)  He is a bit on the obsessive side and is ordering completely ridiculous amounts of beer... I think he said he has over 200 cans & bottles in the flat at the moment  :o  so is probably thinking it would be churlish not to share, despite me being 20 miles away!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »
My husband was desperate to crack open his mini keg this weekend but the fridge was stuffed to the gills.  We have room for it now.  I should go shove it in.

He really enjoyed his craft beer assortment of gluten free beers.  He hadn't had an ale, stout, or bitter for years. 

Yesterday was a friend's birthday and we were supposed to go out out but that got cancelled of course.  So I went to her house and we sat in the garden....  I got home at 3am.  She had the new M&S gin with glitter in it.  It was elderberry which isn't my favourite but was a nice change. 

The whole unemployed thing isn't so bad when you can stay out until 3am on a school night.  Well, Garden Leave.  Actually better.  I'm paid to stay out on a school night.  LOL.

« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2020, 11:07:04 AM »
My husband was desperate to crack open his mini keg this weekend but the fridge was stuffed to the gills.  We have room for it now.  I should go shove it in.

He really enjoyed his craft beer assortment of gluten free beers.  He hadn't had an ale, stout, or bitter for years. 

Yesterday was a friend's birthday and we were supposed to go out out but that got cancelled of course.  So I went to her house and we sat in the garden....  I got home at 3am.  She had the new M&S gin with glitter in it.  It was elderberry which isn't my favourite but was a nice change. 

The whole unemployed thing isn't so bad when you can stay out until 3am on a school night.  Well, Garden Leave.  Actually better.  I'm paid to stay out on a school night.  LOL.
My sister in law bought some coconut/pineapple tropically gin from Lidl. Looks so good!

My, how time flies....

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2020, 11:14:54 AM »
Last time I was in the US my cousin brought some pineapple tequila over and it was so good! I'd buy some, but a bottle of tequila would last me forever. 
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2020, 11:20:41 AM »
Yep, I did... it arrived on Friday, but I didn't get it chilled, so drank it on Saturday and Sunday.

He's not a bad boyfriend!  ;)  He is a bit on the obsessive side and is ordering completely ridiculous amounts of beer... I think he said he has over 200 cans & bottles in the flat at the moment  :o  so is probably thinking it would be churlish not to share, despite me being 20 miles away!
Hahaha oh me seriously your boyfriend and i are doing the same. I gave a few of my beers to a friend as a thank you for giving me the brew kit. I just have a stock that I pull from for all occasions. Just got the last 2 deliveries i'll get for a while (with 1 exception in June when released) as husband is at risk for redundancy and the criteria is more or less outside his control (e.g. experience/qualifications vs. Feedback) and he's pretty positive he will be made redundant so he's looking for another job but told me to curb spending. All beer purchased already is fair game, but nothing new!

My, how time flies....

« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2020, 11:21:04 AM »
Last time I was in the US my cousin brought some pineapple tequila over and it was so good! I'd buy some, but a bottle of tequila would last me forever.
Yeah we go through spirits soooo slowly

My, how time flies....

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2020, 11:26:33 AM »
Yeah,  x0Kiss0fDeath, my hubby is on and off furlough and we still think he has a high liklihood of redundancy, so all extra spending has been curbed. Hence why we're getting Tesco craft beer only. Did order this week a couple of cans of made up of Five Points Juicy Pale Ale, Camden Off Menu IPA,  and Northern Monk New World IPA. 
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab