Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process  (Read 9297 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2022, 02:03:43 PM »
Applicant Documents[/b]
- My Current US Passport with Fiance Visa & Renewed Passport with name change (all pages?)
- Cover Letter explaining mail shortage
- Signed sponsor declaration (part of online application) what is this?
- Consent to checks form Part 1 signed by applicant (part of online application)
- Consent to checks form Part 2 signed by sponsor (part of online application) what are the consent to checks part 1 & 2?

- Yes, all pages of the passports need to be scanned
- The Sponsor Declaration Form is part of the online application and is signed by the sponsor instead of including an actual sponsor letter. It just needs to be printed (I think?), signed and scanned.
- The Consent to checks forms are for the applicant and sponsor to sign to confirm that they are happy for UKVI to do checks on their documents. There will be questions to this effect on the online application, and then it will ask you to sign the forms.
Part 1 is for the applicant to sign.
Part 2 is for the sponsor to sign (if their name is included on any joint documents, though I think they are supposed to sign it regardless)
There is a Part 3 as well, but that is only for third party financial sponsors... which you are not allowed to use for the visa anyway, so no one signs this one.

Sponsor
His UK passport (all pages?)

- Yes, all pages

the tenancy agreement is usually handed to us, so it would not be mailed. For the council tax bill, would we just request a copy of the latest statement? do we each need to try to get 3 sources or is it 3 in total together?

- That's fine for the tenancy agreement... it just needs to confirm your names, address, and date of tenancy/signature
- Yes, if you haven't received a council tax statement since you arrived in the UK, then you can request that they mail you a recent one
- It's 3 sources in total together (i.e. bank statement, mobile phone bill, council tax)

If you haven't already, I would get your name added to as many bills/accounts as possible, and also turn OFF paperless bills/statements for everything you can, so that you have regular mail coming in every month. That makes it easier when applying for this FLR(M), your next FLR(M) in 2;.5 years, and ILR in 5 years, as you will then have plenty of mail to choose from.

I was not aware I was allowed to register with a GP on a fiance visa, I will try that!

As long as you have some mail in your name (preferably a council tax statement), you can register with a GP. As you are not entitled to 'free' NHS treatment on a fiance visa, you will likely need to show proof of health/travel insurance to cover you until you get your FLR(M). Sometimes the GP receptionists will try to claim that you can't register on a 6-month visa, but as you are on a settlement visa, you can.

So we can use our joint statements for most months and for the month of council tax statement that would be in his name and I could use mobile phone bill for that month? and then when I get mail from NHS or GP I can use that and then his bank statement for another month?

Yes, that should work. As long as you have at least 2 other sources (i.e. mobile phone, council tax), you can always fill in any gaps with bank statements.

If you are unable to get 6 documents in each name, you just need to write a letter of explanation for why you don't have more (i.e. you have recently arrived on a fiance visa and haven't had time to gather enough documents yet). As long as an explanation is included, it won't affect the application.

• Liked: 5
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2022, 03:09:33 PM »
That's fine for the tenancy agreement... it just needs to confirm your names, address, and date of tenancy/signature
Perfect! so, the tenancy agreement would be used for accommodation, and residency proof. Would I also be able to use the welcome package from the joint bank account, it was handed to us at the bank but it has our names with the address on the top of the first page with the date in october.

Yes, if you haven't received a council tax statement since you arrived in the UK, then you can request that they mail you a recent one
Do I need to register for council tax or does he need to update his to show I am now living with him?

It's 3 sources in total together (i.e. bank statement, mobile phone bill, council tax)
I will hold off on the GP until the next application then since we already have 3 sources.

« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2022, 03:54:54 PM »
Perfect! so, the tenancy agreement would be used for accommodation, and residency proof. Would I also be able to use the welcome package from the joint bank account, it was handed to us at the bank but it has our names with the address on the top of the first page with the date in october.

I think you could use it if you needed to.

Do I need to register for council tax or does he need to update his to show I am now living with him?

Council tax is property-based, so there's just one account for each property... it may be the case that both your husband and his roommate are currently listed on the council tax account for your property. It's a good idea to get your name added to it as well, to show there are now 3 people living in the property, and also as proof of address, as a lot of places like to see a council tax bill when asking for proof.

I will hold off on the GP until the next application then since we already have 3 sources.

Personally, I would register as soon as you can... regardless of whether or not you need to use it as a source for the visa, it's more that it's a good idea to be registered with a GP and have your details already in the NHS system in case you get sick or have an emergency in the next couple of months and need to see a doctor/go to a hospital.

« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2022, 09:25:31 PM »
Council tax is property-based, so there's just one account for each property... it may be the case that both your husband and his roommate are currently listed on the council tax account for your property. It's a good idea to get your name added to it as well, to show there are now 3 people living in the property, and also as proof of address, as a lot of places like to see a council tax bill when asking for proof.

I will make sure my name is added and we will request the most recent council tax bill.

Personally, I would register as soon as you can... regardless of whether or not you need to use it as a source for the visa, it's more that it's a good idea to be registered with a GP and have your details already in the NHS system in case you get sick or have an emergency in the next couple of months and need to see a doctor/go to a hospital.

My plan is to register with the GP as soon as I receive my passport with the updated name change. I think they will need it as proof of identity when registering.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2022, 10:17:17 PM »

My plan is to register with the GP as soon as I receive my passport with the updated name change. I think they will need it as proof of identity when registering.

I agree with ksand, that it is a good idea to register with a Surgery now in case you get ill. It can take a few days for the registration to be completed. You could phone and ask what they need for you to register with them?

I'm sure that you would have been warned on here that until you have paid the Immigration Health Surcharge AND been granted FLR(M), you will have limited free use of the NHS.  This is what you will be allowed for free on the NHS. I'm linking NHS England, but if you live in one of the other nations of the UK, you can get their NHS link from this link.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-entitlements-migrant-health-guide

« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2022, 09:14:55 PM »
I agree with ksand, that it is a good idea to register with a Surgery now in case you get ill. It can take a few days for the registration to be completed. You could phone and ask what they need for you to register with them?

Identification is one of their requirements using Passport, Driving License, or Bank Statement. I will wait to scan and show my updated passport.

I'm sure that you would have been warned on here that until you have paid the Immigration Health Surcharge AND been granted FLR(M), you will have limited free use of the NHS.

Yes, I am aware. It is also detailed in the registration forms for the GP. Thanks for the additional information!

• Liked: 342
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2022, 12:23:29 PM »
Identification is one of their requirements using Passport, Driving License, or Bank Statement. I will wait to scan and show my updated passport.

If you live in England, this is what NHS England states. If you live in another nation, you could check online for what their NHS states?

Anyone in England can register with a GP surgery. It's free to register.

You do not need proof of address or immigration status, ID or an NHS number.
https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/gps/how-to-register-with-a-gp-surgery/

Perhaps you could show that to your surgery's practice manager?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:26:10 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2022, 01:58:04 PM »
Just a few quick questions about the US Passport Form. I am waiting on the marriage certificate to arrive in the mail and was looking at the US Passport Renewal form DS82 , how do I fit in the UK address under the mailing address since it says CITY STATE ZIP CODE COUNTRY. Would I just be putting UK address city, post code, and United Kingdom. I am unsure what to put under STATE as the box is for 2 letter abbreviation for US states. Or am I meant to enter my USA address under mailing address and UK address under permanent address? and where it says place of name change, I enter city of register office we went to, correct? I am a bit confused as I assumed the US form would need my USA address information, but I want to ensure it gets mailed back to me here in the UK and not sent back to the US. I included the form below for reference.

https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds82.pdf

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2022, 02:16:22 PM »
Ignore the state box, put post code in zip code box (you will likely need an extra character so either ignore the boxes or add it at the end), United Kingdom for country.

You definitely are not required to put a USA address as most of us living outside the USA, don't have a USA address. 

For place of name change, yes, I'd use city you married in. 

« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2022, 03:02:54 PM »
Ignore the state box, put post code in zip code box (you will likely need an extra character so either ignore the boxes or add it at the end), United Kingdom for country.
Okay, that makes sense!
You definitely are not required to put a USA address as most of us living outside the USA, don't have a USA address.
So, mailing address and permanent address I need to fill in my current UK address for both.
For place of name change, yes, I'd use city you married in.
Just checking since we did not get married where we live, and booked at a register office in different city for the ceremony.

Thanks! ;D

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2022, 01:10:05 PM »
Update

I submitted my application for a new passport with the name change. Today I received an email stating I did not provide a passport photo with my application. I included my passport, the application, the receipt for online payment, marriage certificate, passport sized photo, and a return envelope. I do not know if they lost it or it fell in between the old passport book or something but the notice says to send another photo within 90 days. I received a reply stating "we do not appear to have received a photo with your application" so I am sending out another since it seems it was misplaced.

I also registered with a GP. Did you say I would be getting a letter from the NHS after registering? I asked if the GP was sending anything, and they said no. I just wanted to ensure I did not misunderstand. I thought GP would be part of the mail correspondence.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 08:54:03 PM by mattandliz »

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2022, 03:13:06 PM »
Hello again,  I have a few questions about the council tax bill and tenancy agreement.

When the tenancy agreement is updated it will be updated including my name but does it also need to have Sept 25 2022, the date of my arrival on it? The council tax bill you said is in one name for the property, the landlord so, when we request a copy of the council tax bill what does it demonstrate? will it have our names on it? ( my husband and I and the new tenant that moved in the beginning of December).

I am now registered for GP and made sure it went through successfully but there is no mail. As of right now the only mail I have is the mobile phone bill, his bank statements, and our joint bank statements. The utilities and everything else is included in the rent fee paid monthly so we cannot get mail that way. 
We have received his bank statement sept-dec, my mobile phone bill oct-dec, and joint bank statement oct-dec.

« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2023, 10:17:00 AM »
I just received a letter in the mail from the GP, although the office said they were not sending anything, it confirms I am registered and came from their office. I am happy to have another piece of mail with my name on it. Also, received an update that my passport is on the way. I would appreciate it if anyone could answer my previous questions about the council tax and if the tenancy agreement needs to state my date of arrival.

UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2023, 11:16:59 AM »
I would appreciate it if anyone could answer my previous questions about the council tax and if the tenancy agreement needs to state my date of arrival.

The council tax bill should have your names as you are the people living in the property and are therefore responsible for paying the council tax. The landlord’s name should not be on it unless they also live in the property with you.

If your names aren’t currently on it, you should contact the council and ask them to add your names to the account (and take off any people who are no longer living there).

The council tax bill is used for the accommodation requirement to show how much you pay in housing costs (council tax) each month. It can also be used for the cohabitation requirement, showing that you both live there.

The tenancy agreement does NOT need to state your date of arrival, it just needs to have both your names on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 11:19:40 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2023, 11:35:30 AM »
The council tax bill should have your names as you are the people living in the property and are therefore responsible for paying the council tax. The landlord’s name should not be on it unless they also live in the property with you.

If your names aren’t currently on it, you should contact the council and ask them to add your names to the account (and take off any people who are no longer living there).

The council tax bill is used for the accommodation requirement to show how much you pay in housing costs (council tax) each month. It can also be used for the cohabitation requirement, showing that you both live there.

I contacted the council and they asked for more information such as the address. However, I did not get a reply back after that about whether or not it was updated. We live in an HMO property so the landlord receives and pays the council tax bill. I included a link from cambridge City Council to explain.  I'm confused again on how we request it. Would we have to ask the landlord for a copy since the landlord pays ?  https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/who-pays-council-tax

The tenancy agreement does NOT need to state your date of arrival, it just needs to have both your names on it.

Good to know! as we are due to update and renew the tenancy now. It will have both our names on it.

Thank you! :) Also updated our checklist for the application

Applicant Documents
My USA Passport with Fiance Visa & New Passport All Pages new passport on the way
Cover Letter explaining mail shortage
Signed sponsor declaration (part of online application)
Consent to checks form Part 1 signed by applicant (part of online application)
Consent to checks form Part 2 signed by sponsor (part of online application)

Sponsor
His UK passport all pages

Finances
7 months of his payslips the last payslip within 28 days of applying (Sept 2022-Feb 2023)
7 months of bank statements the last statement within 28 days of applying (Sept 2022-Feb 2023)
letter from employer signed with wet signature dated within 28 days of applying
Employment contract
p60

Accommodation
Updated tenancy agreement with both of our names
Latest council tax statement to show monthly housing costs

Residence

September
Bank Statement (Him)

October
Bank Statement (Him)
Bank Statement (Joint)
Mobile Phone Bill (Me)
Welcome Package Letter Bank (Joint)

November
Bank Statement (Him)
Bank Statement (Joint)
Mobile Phone Bill (Me)

December
GP Registration Confirmation Letter (Me)
Mobile Phone Bill (Me)
Bank Statement (Joint)
Bank Statement (Him)

Other
Marriage Certificate
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 07:13:22 AM by mattandliz »

Sponsored Links