Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Game of Thrones - SPOILERS -DON'T CLICK UNTIL YOU'VE WATCHED THE WEEKLY EPISODE!  (Read 14443 times)

• Liked: 248
What do you think?

I really didn't like the way it was filmed - I couldn't see who was being killed because it was blurry.  I kept thinking people were dead and then they would pop up later.

• Tea And A Butty
  • Liked: 14
Okay, who thought Bran was really Arya when the Night King came to kill him? As soon as the red woman said "Blue eyes" I knew she meant Arya was going to kill the Night King. I don't think that's truly the end of the Night King though. Last person he killed was Theon so he maybe very well be the next Night King. But that's just my crazy theory!

Who else is a bit 'meh' about Cersei and the whole thing now after that?

Who have they got left to fight Cersei?  The Dothraki have gone.  The Unsullied have gone.  Just a couple left.

I just thought that the Knight King had to be killed because there are a couple of episodes left and it was looking like they would all be wiped out.

You know Lady Mormont - she killed the zombie giant - that giant only had one eye so I am thinking it is the giant that was killed by Ramsey Bolton.  Now, knowing what they did - why didn't they burn him so he couldn't return?  Or maybe it was a different one eyed giant??

And, what about Sansa and Tyrion?  Any future?

• Liked: 1260
I really didn't like the way it was filmed - I couldn't see who was being killed because it was blurry.  I kept thinking people were dead and then they would pop up later.

In fairness, I do think that was probably the point. They probably made the artistic choice to do it that way so that we, as viewers, would also feel disoriented and confused in the chaos.

Holy sh*t. That's all I can say after watching the episode!! That and I HONESTLY did NOT see that ending coming!!! I nearly got to a point where I was thinking sh*t! Lyonaria is right and nobody is going to win except the dead......! I honestly said to my husband "I don't think I can see any way out of this...." and he said "so what about the next 3 episodes?" and I said "probably just going to go back to Kings Landing until the night king heads down and takes that as well..."

We don't know for sure about the body count but let's start crossing off people that we're preeeetttyyy confident about (combined our lists):

Theon,
Gilly & baby Sam - highly possible (I don't recall seeing them with the randoms that were alive)
Varies (baldy guy)
Brienne- confirmed alive
Jamie  - confirmed alive
Tormund (and I will weeeeeep) - I'm pretty sure we've lost this beauty :( But he's still unconfirmed.
The little girl who was going to go in the crypt to defend the women/children - Also not seen amongst the randoms (but we know she was in the crypt), so highly possible she's dead
Beric - don't think he'll be resurrecting either based on what the red witch has said.
Bran - obviously very much alive.
Gendry - No confirmation what's happened with Gendry! I thought I might've seen him fall and I think having sex with Arya maybe sealed his fate...but we can't be sure..

Outside of Theon & Beric, we only know for sure that Jorah is dead for sure and Melisandre (from natural causes I s'pose). I know Sam looked as if he was on the way out but we don't know for sure if he was mortally wounded or will recover. I do think there were a few people we saw being killed after being resurrected as white walkers but it all happened so fast I can't even be sure! Think Podrick was one of them unfortunately :(

Oh yes! And we lost another dragon people!! (Almost all 3 of the dragons!)

Another thing I was thinking about - do you think Jon thinks he yelled the ice dragon to a halt?  :P

Wow...so much to think over and process...Just texted our friend group to ask if they'd watched and the response was "I think I need therapy." LOL I couldn't agree more. It gave me SO much anxiety watching the undead running and pulling World War Z- level walls of dead!

EDITING BECAUSE AS I WENT TO POST THERE WAS ANOTHER RESPONSE:

Okay, who thought Bran was really Arya when the Night King came to kill him? As soon as the red woman said "Blue eyes" I knew she meant Arya was going to kill the Night King. I don't think that's truly the end of the Night King though. Last person he killed was Theon so he maybe very well be the next Night King. But that's just my crazy theory!

Who else is a bit 'meh' about Cersei and the whole thing now after that?

I didn't think Bran was really Arya but I did think Bran was going to have some kind of plan...I originally thought Bran and Tyrion had some type of plan up their sleeve because of the glances they threw at each other after a night of staying up sharing stories in the last episode but apparently not! I genuinely did not see the whole Arya thing coming but we did laugh when the red witch said "what do we say to death?" and my husband and I both went "NOT TODAY!" just before Arya did LOL  We did assume she meant white walkers by "blue eyes" but I still didn't think she would be the one to take down the Night King!

I could definitely see that theory being a possibility but also given we're halfway through the last season, I'm not sure they'd bother with that. But you never know in the game of thrones.

But yeah...100% meh and apathetic about even the idea of Cersei posing any type of issue/threat after what they just went through....lol They could've made this the final episode and I would've been more than fine with it. Cersei who?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Who have they got left to fight Cersei?  The Dothraki have gone.  The Unsullied have gone.  Just a couple left.

Pretty much just Cersei/King's Landing and the Iron Isles with their new ships....

I just thought that the Knight King had to be killed because there are a couple of episodes left and it was looking like they would all be wiped out.

I think I just thought that it would go either way. They'd either have to kill the Night King or the rest of the season would be King's Landing preparing for the Night King (which would be far less epic given such a small percentage of main characters would be left and down in King's Landing). Realistically, the Night King kind of had to die but if, he didn't, there really couldn't be any survivors..

You know Lady Mormont - she killed the zombie giant - that giant only had one eye so I am thinking it is the giant that was killed by Ramsey Bolton.  Now, knowing what they did - why didn't they burn him so he couldn't return?  Or maybe it was a different one eyed giant??

Dude she was a total badass little girl. I mean, we already know thta...but even more so now! At least she died with purpose! Very well could've been the same one but I wouldn't have even thought about that (but I'm sure the writers would've paid attention to that detail).

And, what about Sansa and Tyrion?  Any future?

If you had asked me yesterday (or even earlier today), I almost definitely would've said almost completely no chance... 99.99% unlikely. Now? I honestly have no clue...I think it's 50-50 now, depending on this go when we see what's happened immediately after.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

At one point I thought they were all going to be wiped out.  Then, thinking about the next couple of episodes I thought maybe it was a hoax and they had set us up to expect more episodes - but there wasn't going to be any.

As said, that was a finale in itself.

I found this:

The confirmed death count is:

Lyanna (we saw her turn into a wight)
Jorah (he died protecting Dany)
Melisandre
Theon
Beric
Edd Tollett
Night King
White Walkers
Ice Viserion
Hordes of Dothraki, Unsullied and many others
I can say with certainty that the two dragons, Rhaegal and Drogon, survived. And Ghost

I found that on line.

So Ghost lives!!!  Yippee - I'm happy now.

I found this:

The confirmed death count is:

Lyanna (we saw her turn into a wight)
Jorah (he died protecting Dany)
Melisandre
Theon
Beric
Edd Tollett
Night King
White Walkers
Ice Viserion
Hordes of Dothraki, Unsullied and many others
I can say with certainty that the two dragons, Rhaegal and Drogon, survived. And Ghost
At one point I thought they were all going to be wiped out.  Then, thinking about the next couple of episodes I thought maybe it was a hoax and they had set us up to expect more episodes - but there wasn't going to be any.

As said, that was a finale in itself.

Where'd you find this?! I didn't see Ghost at all after the initial battle! I was gutted! Also, I thought only 1 of the 2 remaining dragons survived but maybe the other one was only lightly injured and will heal with time.

Poor Edd...as much as I do love Sam as a character, I was really wanting him to grow and become brave and he just didn't...he was more of a hindrance than he was a help....resulting in Edd's untimely death..

Lots of good and brave men and women died tonight folks...think we need to pour one out for our homies....

My, how time flies....

Apparently Ghost (my main concern) was seen in a trailer for the next episode.  I haven't seen the trailer myself yet.

The dragon that Danny was riding was covered in WW and it dropped Danny off, then flew away to shake the WW off.  Then it came back to comfort Danny when Jorah died and she was crying.

This is interesting because it says that Melisandre is alive?

I can say with certainty that the two dragons, Rhaegal and Drogon, survived. And Ghost also survived and was seen in the trailer. Sam, Gilly, and Baby Sam survived, along with Gendry, Tyrion, Jon, Dany, and many others.  I can also confirm that Missandei and Grey Worm lived, since they were both seen in the trailer.

• Liked: 537
Apparently Ghost (my main concern) was seen in a trailer for the next episode.  I haven't seen the trailer myself yet.

The dragon that Danny was riding was covered in WW and it dropped Danny off, then flew away to shake the WW off.  Then it came back to comfort Danny when Jorah died and she was crying.

I just figured that one was Jon's... Since we saw nothing of it since it dropped him off.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

This is interesting because it says that Melisandre is alive?

I can say with certainty that the two dragons, Rhaegal and Drogon, survived. And Ghost also survived and was seen in the trailer. Sam, Gilly, and Baby Sam survived, along with Gendry, Tyrion, Jon, Dany, and many others.  I can also confirm that Missandei and Grey Worm lived, since they were both seen in the trailer.

Well, the sea captain guy could have gone and saved her by putting the necklace back on her?
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Dude she was a total badass little girl. I mean, we already know thta...but even more so now! At least she died with purpose! Very well could've been the same one but I wouldn't have even thought about that (but I'm sure the writers would've paid attention to that detail).

Wasn't she holding bald eunach's hand when they were walking out of the crypt?

Also, I called all the dead coming to life to kill everyone. I don't even get why that happened?! It's the frigging north! Everyone in the crypt who could safely hold a blade would have a bloody weapon, and they all would have been shown how to hold it and how to swipe with it. 🙄 That angered me.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab